test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would you like to see Gargantuan implemented into the game?

lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
edited December 2019 in Champions Online Discussion
​​
Post edited by lezard21 on

Would you like to see Gargantuan implemented into the game? 30 votes

Yes
60%
numaman1990lezard21gameonphasestarchaosdrgnz43markhawkmanjusticesuprememiorumsapphiechunacito#6758scorpio303darqaura2tempestorm76nyghtshroude#9048mordray001purplerainman#7869tomthekaiju#8643cowardlion#6863 18 votes
No
40%
nique554pantagruel01ealford1985themightyzenithjaazaniah1aesicabiffsmackwellbluhmancriswolf09spinnytopspeanozvonqball 12 votes

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    No
    What's Gargantuan?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Yes
    As someone who has experienced it, it will be a fun thing to do for shiz and giggles. Oh crap! I said the F word!

It has some animation bugs like the fear and burning but kaiz said she'd fix that.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Yes
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    What's Gargantuan?

An effect that makes a player cosmic sized. And also makes them into PvP mode which allows other players to attack said player.
  • Yes
    I would love to be able to become my own raid boss, please add the device. Give it to the person who gives Onslaught Villain rewards. It works the same as the Onslaught stuff. I know people will abuse it but they could give you a smaller amount of tokens from this version.

If Gravitar gave you 30 tokens for defeating a player who was using that OV, then give 5 tokens for the Gargantuan. Instead of 10 tokens every so often while fighting an OV we get 2.

So even as the system is the same it's still balanced
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    No
    As long as it only occurs in an instanced arena where no-one else has to watch it would be okay, otherwise it would be annoying.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    This was done as a fun thing to do at costume contests, but we'll keep it in mind as maybe something we can add in the future!​​
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    Yes
    So I like the idea... it could be fun. However if it is not limited to an alert style system then I'm not seeing how this won't devolve into just a mess...

Also I regret voting yes... I was lost in the moment of oh neat... then I remembered who I share this planet with...
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Yes
    You mean to say that people vote a poll based on who posted it rather than on the content of said poll?

who knew o3o​​
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Yes
    This was done as a fun thing to do at costume contests, but we'll keep it in mind as maybe something we can add in the future!​​
    I thought it was a testing thing to see if the code worked right. :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • gameongameon Posts: 55 Arc User
    Yes

Why keep something fun so limited?

I guess we don't really need fun stuff to do when there's no costume contest... We should be grinding for stuffs anyway...
    Yes
    lezard21 wrote: »
    You mean to say that people vote a poll based on who posted it rather than on the content of said poll?

who knew o3o​​

Nope... at least not for me. The speaker of an idea doesn't itself earn a bias in my case.

I knew about the concept you were posting about. Which is honestly rather neat... sadly it will be abused and used to the point of disruption and causing strife rather than creating a more unified whole. Much as the ability to create bodies as large as is all ready possible can cause strife in group content* as the 'huge' body types take up more space and thus leave less space for the smaller body types to contribute.

*Specifically this problem is felt by those who have melee toons rather then range based.
    No
    mordray001 wrote: »
    Much as the ability to create bodies as large as is all ready possible can cause strife in group content* as the 'huge' body types take up more space and thus leave less space for the smaller body types to contribute.
    Growth effects don't actually modify collision boxes, though oddly enough costume size seems to.
    Yes
    Growth effects don't actually modify collision boxes, though oddly enough costume size seems to.
    Didn't notice that about growth... definitely knew that about body/costume size. Really wish the huge body players would switch to a smaller costume for the fights...
    Yes
    Now we are talking! Cosmics should have an aura that switches toons with Body Mass above 60 to the default hero costume! Let's gut out even more customization yay​​
    Yes
    Also of note, in the OP I did not make any allusions as to where Gargantuan should be implemented, be it Open world, Alert, part of an instanced mission like MI Crisis or a PvP map. So I don't know why some people are using Cosmic fights as a justification as to why it shouldn't be implemented when cosmic fights represent like 1% of the games content and the name of the poll isn't "Would you like to see Gargantuan implemented on Cosmic fights?".​​
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    No
    Didn't notice that about growth... definitely knew that about body/costume size. Really wish the huge body players would switch to a smaller costume for the fights...

I already do this and my characters aren’t even that big.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited January 2020
    Yes
    I feel that QQing about growth characters in Cosmics is a thing that started...well...last year.

I've never had any trouble, for example, with my TK or SB toons (both about average size) telling what part of the 3 hit combo they were on with a big toon next to them.

Now, whenever people start using stuff like Redirected Force/Nimbus, Vala's Light, certain Earth, Ice, Infernal and Wind Powers or a lot of pets well...

3gn0mg.jpg

And I very rarely see people QQing about this stuff o3o​​
    Yes
    @lezard21 I feel as if you are striving for a straw man... the huge body types are taking up more space than they need to resulting in increasing problems for both themselves and those smaller as they are effectively reducing the 'safe' zones on cosmics... This is purely a game mechanics issue, at least for me it is.

Regarding your pic... I've never experienced that specific problem. The few times I've done Kiga I've used a targeting bind to target the offending the tomb.

The aura that makes your attacks call backs to the old batman live action show has gotten me killed, frequently, when I couldn't see the animation of an unflagged attack.
    I already do this and my characters aren’t even that big.
    Shortly after I wrote that I started planning on doing it myself.

I'll be experimenting with body scaling once I get this new batch of toons up and running for the end game.

Hmm... perhaps I'll do them chibi style just for the lols.
    No
    Now we are talking! Cosmics should have an aura that switches toons with Body Mass above 60 to the default hero costume! Let's gut out even more customization yay​​
    No, collision boxes should just be the same for all PCs. And wings/tails should not be included in your selection box.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    No
    > @pantagruel01 said:
    > (Quote)
    > No, collision boxes should just be the same for all PCs. And wings/tails should not be included in your selection box.

Yes and oh man, not counting the obnoxious tails and wings would be amazing.
    biffsig.jpg
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    No
    It has some animation bugs like the fear and burning but kaiz said she'd fix that.

Yeah... just like Dino has animation bugs on characters that are flying... which is why it removes travel powers once every 30 seconds or so, for 2 seconds o3o so just implement that with the big people thing
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    No
    Also of note, in the OP I did not make any allusions as to where Gargantuan should be implemented, be it Open world, Alert, part of an instanced mission like MI Crisis or a PvP map. So I don't know why some people are using Cosmic fights as a justification as to why it shouldn't be implemented when cosmic fights represent like 1% of the games content and the name of the poll isn't "Would you like to see Gargantuan implemented on Cosmic fights?".​​

To some people cosmics is all there is, lel

Aside from that tho, doesn't Monster Island Crisis do this as far as make player big? Why isn't that the first thing people thought of since that's literally in the game right now. lel.
    No
    To be fair, the OP just asks if it should be implemented, with no qualifications about when, where, etc. Given the vagueness of the poll question (was that part of its intent?), it's not surprising that people are interpreting it according to their own interests.
    spinnytop wrote: »

To some people cosmics is all there is, lel

Aside from that tho, doesn't Monster Island Crisis do this as far as make player big? Why isn't that the first thing people thought of since that's literally in the game right now. lel.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Yes

Because hardly anyone wants to do that one, or the lemura crisis for that matter, now... really wish it was more like the Desert, Canadian, and Vibora Bay Crisis' in that it was just a unique iteration of the zone with it's own story elements that could be soloed. I've got characters that can solo MIC, but that doesn't mean that all of my characters can.
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    No
    Doesn't interest me. There are many things I would prefer to see updated/fixed, so any dev spending time on this is wasted time. Open world implementation seems like a particularly bad idea.
    No
    I run through the MI crisis from time to time. Would do it more often if it had better rewards. Hardly ever done the Lemuria Crisis. Rather underwhelming as I remember it.

Because hardly anyone wants to do that one, or the lemura crisis for that matter, now... really wish it was more like the Desert, Canadian, and Vibora Bay Crisis' in that it was just a unique iteration of the zone with it's own story elements that could be soloed. I've got characters that can solo MIC, but that doesn't mean that all of my characters can.

JwLmWoa.png
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    I just want to be in a GIANT GUNDAM MECHA​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Yes
    avianos wrote: »

It would be neat if we had options for head and torso cockpits... complete with little mini pilots... could make for some interesting concepts and costumes.
    No
    Play the end of Resistance?

I wish dueling in instances was possible, duels with one or both characters using Become Mega-Destroid would be funny.
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    No

I don't see why we couldn't have humanoid vehicles. All the reasons we can't have wheeled vehicles don't really apply to mecha.

• warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    It seems that the over-sized are more trouble at content where one teams up, mostly. So, if you click on that JOIN TEAMUP button, your over-sized is removed.

Of course, now you get the people that DON'T join the teamup so they can remain large. Argh. Always a problem with any idea.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    vonqball wrote: »
    I don't see why we couldn't have humanoid vehicles. All the reasons we can't have wheeled vehicles don't really apply to mecha.
    It would be neat if we had options for head and torso cockpits... complete with little mini pilots... could make for some interesting concepts and costumes.

Vehicles are huge big wasted potential on this matter and there is no way around it as a Become Device neither because it would use inferior powerset that wouldn't work in endgame

and due to the tailor limitations you can't archieve that (at least for female characters, where I made a character theme around piloting one of those fantasy-mecha)

It doesn't even have to be a humanoid or a very big robot, just big enough for 1 Pilot like those big boys
    https://youtu.be/8pJ4anLHJ4A
    latest?cb=20200105063600
    Play the end of Resistance?

I wish dueling in instances was possible, duels with one or both characters using Become Mega-Destroid would be funny.

It was fun the first time, then it became a slow slog​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    No
    warcanch wrote: »
    Of course, now you get the people that DON'T join the teamup so they can remain large. Argh. Always a problem with any idea.​​
    Could just disable it in any open mission zone, though there are a fair number of random open mission zones scattered about the map (and Nighthawk turns all of MC into an open mission zone).