test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Paper Box Trade Paperback Event Paper Feedback Thread

lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
edited December 2019 in Champions Online Discussion
The idea is ok, but PLEASE for the next time it comes around consider adding more enticing things to the Cosmic Voucher outside of auras (we are looking at a 0.3% chance tier, roughly 333 boxes/1665000 Questionite/3300 zen)

Some ideas are:
- Mk.3 Vehicle Weapons (including the ones that cannot be acquired currently like IR3)
- Destroyer Costumes/Sacred Crown aura.
- Blossom Lotus/Throne of Destruction vehicle/travel device (just give Cosmics an aura that disables Vehicles in general)
- Freeform Slot (Bind on Pickup)
- Justice/Distinguished/Virtuous gear (alternative method, albeit expensive one)
- Onslaught Gear (alternative more expensive method)
- Exclusive Costume Token (yes, open a box, to get a chance at getting a token, to buy another token, to buy a costume)
- Avian Warrior Costume​​
Post edited by lezard21 on

Comments

• jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    I don't think it really matters what you can get from the Cosmic Voucher. For the amount of money it seems you would need to get even a Gold, you could start your own development studio and pay the brightest minds in the field to create a video game for you.

On the other hand, if you don't want to trade Q for zen at 500/per based on principle, this gives you a nice way to convert all of your spare Q into worthless Green Vouchers.

Great event, though!
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Have the game announce the person that got the cosmic voucher like they did with the lockbox's best drop or the tako chair in Bloodmoon.

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Gosh, except for the cosmic voucher stuff there is nothing in those boxes I want.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Gosh, except for the cosmic voucher stuff there is nothing in those boxes I want.

I bought one old costume piece with a blue voucher just for the heck of it, but otherwise? Yeah.

Opened 95 boxes so far, and got one gold and one purple voucher. Everything else was green or blue, and other than that one blue voucher I spent, I converted all the blues back down to greens and spent all my greens buying more boxes.

And, truth is, I think that I really only want one of the cosmic voucher auras for one of my characters.
    Which is probably fortunate since they are so hard to come by. I might be able to raise enough Q for another decently sized batch of TPBs to open, but I may be done for this cycle.

I could probably find some ways to use some of the other cosmic voucher auras on other characters or to combine multiple auras for a real custom look, but play time is scarce these days, and I have never obsessed over grinding out max Q every day.
    Heck, I have never obsessed over grinding out max Q ever. I just got what I got.

It might be a long time before I generate enough Q to repeat the spending I did on this, and since it's looking right now like I will get no cosmic voucher, if I do end up managing one I will consider it a big win.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    updoot with more reward suggestions​​
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    Old power replacers, adjust the stats to compete with current endgame primary gear levels.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Casts 'Scissors'.
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Honestly add more enticing things to all tiers. The Phoenix Prize Pack in STO (what this is a copy of) has a lot of good stuff in it, and even lower-tier vouchers feel like you got something meaningful. With Trade Paperbacks, anything that isn't cosmic feels like I just got fleeced. In its current incarnation, it's not worth the Q unless you really want to look like you're full of stars or whatever.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    The BEST item in the green tier? The safety catalyst thing that prevents mods from exploding when fused. Those are useful!

Any costumes I don't have are things I'd happily get from this, and I don't have all of them. Some of the devices look useful, most notably the ones for going to the Minefield, and the passive devices. Sure, not a thing I'd give to every character, but nothing in this game is.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters