test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Energy Storm

Just getting back into the game for the first time in several years. I'm trying to make an elements character, and was testing out energy storm. Is it bugged? I understand it's supposed to be a 2 part ability, I apply debuffs to the target and suck them all in. Then I use the second part of the skill to unleash damage back. However, after I use the first part, it just goes on cooldown and I can't use the follow up. Is this bugged or am I doing it wrong?

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,749 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Afaik, it was meant to only put itself on cd if you let the Consume Energy buff expire, but it seems like the whole power just goes on cd automatically once it's used, either way. I guess that makes Energy Storm unusable now, though tbf the Ult wasn't that good before anyways. I'd prob get a different power, until they perhaps revamp it at least.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
    The power has many different bugs and things which don't work as they should.

Since the global ult cool down change, Energy Storm has been broken because it is essentially multiple powers in one, split into two parts, one of which goes into CD when used.

This used to happen previously but the cool down wasn't as lengthy as it is now.

For an elements character...consider Storm Strike or Whirlpool
  • Options
    five2ndeternityfive2ndeternity Posts: 6 Arc User
    What's the best way to go about getting a different ultimate power? I understand they come from lootboxes, are the odds of getting that pretty high? I have a lifetime membership now, so I could use some of that zen points for keys?
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I don't think the odds are that high overall, though if you don't want to deal with lockboxes then you can also just buy the powers outright from the AH (under Power Unlock), if they are listed there.
    (also keep in mind that ults aren't strictly needed for a build, so you don't necc have to be set on having one)
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    five2ndeternityfive2ndeternity Posts: 6 Arc User
    I may just roll for a different power set, then. I have very little in game money, I never got incredibly far in the game when I played last time, although I do have one max level character. I suppose I could sell cosmic keys to get the money needed to buy new powers, or those foil vouchers things to unlock them. I'm just trying to get one character built up enough to start earning the silver and gold tokens to unlock the rest of the powers that I don't have access to, and figured I needed an ultimate in my build to be considered viable.
  • Options
    Well, last I checked, Earthquake is still pretty cheap in the AH atm. You could get that ult for an elementalist, of sorts. But yea, while some Ults can be nice to pick up (depending on their effects), you still don't really need one for a build to perform well.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    You can also buy Purple Foil Voucher: Power Unlocks from the AH and get one of the old Ultimates from the foil vendor (Defender's fanboy) which may not be available anymore in AH
    Earthquake, Whirlpool, even Gravity Driver (when coloured as an elemental attack) are excellent for Elementalist builds

Storm Strike is really good but limited to melee-range
    Meteor Blaze is painful below mediocre /rant
    Fractal Aegis sucks for DPS, exists only Tanks, avoid this one #IceDeservesBetter

But yeah Energy Storm is trash, avoid it! Hell even RIMEFIRE does Energy Storm's job better for my Elementalist, which what a coincidence i'm also revisiting!
    You don't really need an Ultimate TBH, unless you want it for theme
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!