test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 12/19/2019

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2019 in Release Notes
This will be the last patch notes of 2019! We'll see you in 2020! Enjoy the holidays!

Winter Event Week 2
The Finkle Foundry alert is available!
  • Added Cryogenic helmet and Ice Blaster weapon costumes to the event store.
  • Added Squall Archetype to the event store.

Winter Event Week 3 (Starts 12/26/2019)
Clarence is rampaging around Millennium City! Witchcraft will also be handing out Double XP for the week!
  • Added Polar Bear head and Ice Sword weapon costumes to the event store.
  • Added Invincible Archetype to the event store.

Winter Event Week 4 (Starts 01/02/2020)
Nightmare and Liberated Clarence join in!
  • Added Shisa head and Eclipsed emblem costumes to the event store.

Reprint Event
  • This event is over!

Vendors
  • Added Lockbox Display vendor in the Vehicle area. This vendor displays items from past lockboxes.

Questionite Store
  • Added Weapon Display store. These devices will pull out a weapon and place you in the weapon pose. If you have the appropriate power, the weapon pulled out can be changed in the tailor. This device till detoggle when using any other power.

New Vendor: Trade Paperback
The Trade Paperback Box will be available from 12/20/2019 7am to 12/23/2019 7am.
  • This vendor sells a box that can be purchased with Questionite that offers tokens that can be traded in for a variety of items.
  • The Box and Vouchers are bound to account.
  • You can find this vendor in the Vehicle area.
  • The box requires Questionite to purchase, but once purchased can be opened without any other currency.
  • This box will be available for purchase for a limited amount of time and may reappear throughout the year.
  • The store will be available year round.
  • Tokens can be exchanged for lesser tokens at a rate of 2:1.
  • Event items that are retired will eventually become available in this store.

Store List:
Cosmic Trade Paperback Voucher
Auras
  • Cosmic Aura: Body
  • Cosmic Aura: Full
  • Cosmic Aura: Hair
  • Cosmic Aura: Back
  • Cosmic Aura: Body (Glows)
  • Cosmic Aura: Full (Glows)
  • Cosmic Aura: Hair (Glows)
  • Cosmic Aura: Back (Glows)
  • Cosmic Aura: Body (Space)
  • Cosmic Aura: Full (Space)
  • Cosmic Aura: Hair (Space)
  • Cosmic Aura: Back (Space)

Gold Trade Paperback Voucher
Devices
  • Esoteric Deliverance
  • Voltanic Potential
  • Anagogic Aspect
  • Benign Symbiote
  • Prototype Emergency Orbital Howitzer

Costumes
  • Gadgeteer Backpack
  • Punks Bangs Hair
  • Headlight Mask
  • Emissive Helmet
  • Summer Shirt
  • Alien Gladiator Helmet 3
  • Swashbuckler
  • Dragon Fang Sword
  • Light Crushed
  • Hyper Blade
  • Electric Hoverboard

Purple Trade Paperback Voucher
Gear
  • Supersensory Heirloom Gloves
  • Supersensory Heirloom Crystal
  • Sorceror's Might Heirloom Bracers
  • Sorceror's Might Heirloom Charm
  • Aurum Accelerator Heirloom Gauntlets
  • Aurum Accelerator Heirloom Ring
  • Gunslinger's Revenge Heirloom Gloves
  • Gunslinger's Revenge Heirloom Badge
  • Power-Up Heirloom Gloves
  • Power-Up Heirloom Tights
  • Power-Up Heirloom Mask

Costumes
  • Mystic High Collar
  • Mystic Collar
  • Mystic Skirt
  • Dragon Necklace
  • Dragon Bracers
  • Visor Welder Large
  • Armor Heavy Tech Bulky
  • Armor Hoses
  • Gadgeteer Extreme
  • Cybernetic Implants Heavy
  • Cybernetic Implants Armored
  • Armor Mech
  • Blaster Large
  • Edged Tech Sleek
  • Eye Blaster
  • Blaster Quad

Blue Trade Paperback Voucher
Gear
  • Eager Critical Belt
  • Eager Rejuvenating Belt
  • Eager Impacting Belt
  • Eager Freedom Bracers
  • Eager Armored Bracers
  • Eager Bolstering Bracers
  • Eager Bolstering Eyepiece
  • Eager Efficient Eyepiece
  • Eager Energy Eyepiece

Devices
  • Powerhouse Theater Transport
  • Project Greenskin Transport
  • Steelhead Transport
  • Fighting Dojo Transport
  • Arcana Library Transport
  • Mutations Lab Transport
  • Minefield Transport
  • Until Headquarters Transport
  • Farlong Devices
  • Spatial Manipulator
  • Carl's Gym Transport
  • Club Caprice Transport
  • Sherrera's Bar Transport
  • Enchanted Foundry Transport
  • MCPD Transport
  • Inventions Workshop Transport

Action Figures
  • Rex
  • Doctor Silverback
  • Bug Hunter
  • Mega Destroid
  • Grond
  • Sapphire
  • Steampunk
  • Retro Dr. Destroyer

Green Trade Paperback Voucher
Consumables
  • Safeguard Catalyst
  • 15% Catalyst
  • Rejuvenating Formula

Mods
  • Rank 3 Constitution
  • Rank 3 Dexterity
  • Rank 3 Ego
  • Rank 3 Intelligence
  • Rank 3 Endurance
  • Rank 3 Recovery
  • Rank 3 Strength

ZEN Store
From 12/20/2019 10am to 12/23/2019 10am the Magnificent Keypack will be available!
  • Costs: 3000 ZEN
  • Contains: 35 Keys and a Regal Flight Power Unlock Box. This item when opened will unlock the Regal flight on your account. The box can also be traded.

GCR Store
  • Power unlocks now require additional Questionite to purchase.
  • Added Torrent power unlock to store.

Powers
New Power: Torrent
  • Wind Framework
  • Deals damage to targets around you.
  • Chance to Chill and Knock down. Chance increases with charge time.
  • Advantage (2): Creates a healing rune.
  • Advantage (1): Swaps Chill effect for Clinging Flames.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    We are in auto-pilot again
    GCR Store
    Powers
    • Wind Framework
    I'm all in for more GCR stuff and Powers even with the price Hijack...but... what is this?

I finally got to test the power in PTS last night and it felt incredible ankward power, and the charging time was getting irritating

Interesting that we are getting WATER powers under the WIND powerframe to say the least!
    Added Polar Bear head and Ice Sword weapon costumes to the event store.
    OH HI SOUL CALIBUR! With The Living Sword being the Soul Edge

Shame Heavy Weapons are stuck with forced FIRE synergy with no synergy with ICE neither Electricity! Your Ice sword is creating clinging flames, how ankward​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    "Light Crushed"???

Is this similar to Light Crusher?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited December 2019
    Powers
    Oh... people made me realize, it's just a reskin of PYRE from Fire, but with less! No wonder I'm not a fan of it​​
    Still really good AoE damage and innate knock

and oh my god it's the SCRAPPED power which was created the same time with Holy Water years ago when Nightmare Invansion was released
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 149 Arc User
    So what's Regal Flight? Is it Stoic Flight without the FX?
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Yes​​
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Also, Havoc Stomp has SFX again. It's a Christmas Miracle \o/ \o/​​
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Also, Havoc Stomp has SFX again. It's a Christmas Miracle \o/ \o/​​

Or the spaghetti code just happened to tangle just so to get it working again...
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    373fpu.jpg
    avianos wrote: »
    Shame Heavy Weapons are stuck with forced FIRE synergy with no synergy with ICE neither Electricity! Your Ice sword is creating clinging flames, how ankward​​

Ever heard of Freezer Burn? XP

Shame that this Winter Event isn't all that big. I guess even CO's Christmas Spirit isn't invulnerable to nerfs.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • crusader3025crusader3025 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Blaster Quad bracer costume I unlocked when you slaughtered the crafting system are now gone. Any character I have that has them equipped cannot have their costumes edited, as it removes the piece, and it's in no drop down list, not even found in the 'trunk' of the editor.

I'm friggen surprised that's the only costume I've lost.

And here I thought that Unlocked icon next to the costume piece meant something.
    Post edited by crusader3025 on
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 722 Arc User
    all the new stuff 400 wc wow didn't see that coming and the mission is just 20 each time once a day, you guys really don't want people unlocking everything.

I just don't get it, doing this just pisses me and many casuals off, it is not like i don't have a life. But hay i do have money so guess i will do it that way, after all that's the only reason to change things like this.

Makes people buy keys, get drifter salvage to get the packs of the currency. So when are you going to lower after new years, and then what will it be I am maybe thinking 400 = 350 or 300 and 300 will be like 250 or 200, and that will be it and then they will move some of the crap stuff to the 100 to 50 range maybe.

I really just kind of don't play much any more as the same missions starting out is just tiresome, and end content is just die raise bash bash die raise repeat Ad nauseam.

It is all about end i like the lower levels and playing more than the end content, how about a new starting area or more paths or no paths just random low level missions and side treks. And for gods sake some new freaking power sets not powers in boxes and behind currency walls and such.

Any way sorry for rant
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    NPCs in the Vehicle Building: ...w...what's that? People? Coming in here??? Wow, maybe we'll sell some vehic-

Player: I'm just here for the paperback guy

Like people coming in to a failing VHS rental shop to use the bathroom XD
    edited December 2019

You can now do a Cirno
    CnGEq29XEAAoiEs.jpg

We steel need those ice wings tho, maybe next X-Mas
    spinnytop wrote: »
    You can now do a Cirno
    CnGEq29XEAAoiEs.jpg

We steel need those ice wings tho, maybe next X-Mas
    We have a few options that can look like ice, but I don't think the 6-wing pixie style is available.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    We have a few options that can look like ice, but I don't think the 6-wing pixie style is available.
    wings psionic dragon is probably closest, but not an exact match.
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    ZEN Store
    From 12/20/2019 10am to 12/23/2019 10am the Magnificent Keypack will be available!
    • Contains: 35 Keys and a Regal Flight Power Unlock Box. This item when opened will unlock the Regal flight on your account. The box can also be traded.
    ​​

Neat! For only $30, we can get something that should've already been available. You really know the way to our hearts, don't you, CO?
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 737 Arc User
    all the new stuff 400 wc wow didn't see that coming and the mission is just 20 each time once a day, you guys really don't want people unlocking everything.

I just don't get it, doing this just pisses me and many casuals off, it is not like i don't have a life. But hay i do have money so guess i will do it that way, after all that's the only reason to change things like this.

Makes people buy keys, get drifter salvage to get the packs of the currency. So when are you going to lower after new years, and then what will it be I am maybe thinking 400 = 350 or 300 and 300 will be like 250 or 200, and that will be it and then they will move some of the crap stuff to the 100 to 50 range maybe.

I really just kind of don't play much any more as the same missions starting out is just tiresome, and end content is just die raise bash bash die raise repeat Ad nauseam.

It is all about end i like the lower levels and playing more than the end content, how about a new starting area or more paths or no paths just random low level missions and side treks. And for gods sake some new freaking power sets not powers in boxes and behind currency walls and such.

Any way sorry for rant
    First week only has one mission that give 20 token each, but doing the mission usually net more token. The projected target if you do the daily every day for that week is 140. I got 200 from all the token from killing the toy. This week add another 20 token mission, in which said mission drop token as well. You're looking at 50+ token a day, and you could achieve 400 before the third week happen. By then, its easy token farming.
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    ZEN Store
    ​​
    Neat! For only $30, we can get something that should've already been available. You really know the way to our hearts, don't you, CO?
    "should"? why?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited December 2019
    Questionite Store
    Added Weapon Display store. These devices will pull out a weapon and place you in the weapon pose. If you have the appropriate power, the weapon pulled out can be changed in the tailor. This device till detoggle when using any other power.
    REALLY disappointed you restricted the weapon display devices to NOT work with a Travel Power active! Despite working without an issue all this time (HALF YEAR) in PTS. There was no complain that those were causing trouble with TPs

If i cant fly-run with the weapon out then whats the point? This alone is a Deal Breaker to me

Also, the device should have been a TOGGLE

At least they are available in Qstore, more Q value​​
  • all the new stuff 400 wc wow didn't see that coming and the mission is just 20 each time once a day, you guys really don't want people unlocking everything.

Any way sorry for rant

Yeah. If they lower prices, I can see an aura costing around 50 tokens. But yes things costing 400 to unlock a sword is just very not worth it. For 400 tokens I want to be able to unlock 2 costume pieces. You want to keep things attainable.
  • avianos wrote: »
    We are in auto-pilot again
    GCR Store
    Powers
    • Wind Framework
    I'm all in for more GCR stuff and Powers even with the price Hijack...but... what is this?

I finally got to test the power in PTS last night and it felt incredible ankward power, and the charging time was getting irritating

Interesting that we are getting WATER powers under the WIND powerframe to say the least!
    Added Polar Bear head and Ice Sword weapon costumes to the event store.

Shouldn't water be under Earth powers?
    edited December 2019
    REALLY disappointed you restricted the weapon display devices to NOT work with a Travel Power active! Despite working without an issue all this time (HALF YEAR) in PTS. There was no complain that those were causing trouble with TPs​​

That you know of. Take a moment, deep breath, put on your logic hat and think rationally. They wouldn't just arbitrarily make them not work with Travel Powers on a whim, or just to bully you. There's a reason they had to do it this way, and they would rather have done it the way you prefer. So when you say "I wish they would work with travel powers etc" you're preaching to the choir. I'm sure the devs have a lot of "I wish-" statements about this game... probably more than you me and everyone else.
    Shouldn't water be under Earth powers?
    What? Explain your reasoning​​
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Earth should be under elemental
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    "should"? why?

Because before Stoic Flight was even released, most people asked if they could either take away the irritating glowy visuals or make them optional. It's ridiculously petty and tone-deaf to ask so much for something we wanted with the original item.
    edited December 2019
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    Because before Stoic Flight was even released, most people asked if they could either take away the irritating glowy visuals or make them optional. It's ridiculously petty and tone-deaf to ask so much for something we wanted with the original item.

Whether something should be available or not is entirely arbitrary. Yes maybe you want something, but that doesn't mean it should be available. If people wanting something was a basis for something being available, then everything would need to be available all the time, and that's just not realistic.
  • terminatorxiiterminatorxii Posts: 51 Arc User
    Bug

The Magnificent Keypack was removed from the zen store before 12/23/2019 at 10am

ZEN Store
    Added Polar Bear head and Ice Sword weapon costumes to the event store

Friendship ended with Soul Edge Living Sword, Now Soul Calibur Ice Sword is my new best friend
  • smashykinssmashykins Posts: 99 Arc User
    373fpu.jpg

Ever heard of Freezer Burn? XP

Shame that this Winter Event isn't all that big. I guess even CO's Christmas Spirit isn't invulnerable to nerfs.

I've been waiting very patiently for personal magnifiers too.

I know everyone is butthurt when my toon is too big but it hurt more when we were falsely promised something by the little guys.

- Sister Smash