test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Less that Than 12 hours PTS Testing - Rushed Live Releases - Not enough timeframe to test stuff

avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
edited December 2019 in Champions Online Discussion
Pretty self explanatory why I'm making this thread
Without counting Big powerframe revamps like the Recent Might revamp during anniversary

Remember the time the PTS Patch Notes were posted on Thursday, AFTER the weekly maintance and there were one whole week Timeframe to test stuff? Yeah! What Happened and this changed!?

Now compare it with what is happening nowdays, Patchnotes with less than 12 hours lifespan going straight to Live!
Even Lockbox costumes posted on the last during this tight timeframe and we see all the costume bugs related to them!

Here I was thinking that the Premium Pack, which allows access to PTS for Silver Players, would be a huge step forward to help with the Feedback and Bug reports of updates, and then this RUSHING nonsense started happening.
I'm more than happy to providing testing and Bug reports on PTS but those timeframes available are ridiculous, and doesn't help the PTS notes become availabe at 4 After Midnight for my EU Timezone!

I understand that Champions Online is Niche and Obscure MMORPG and doesn't have the Financial support compared to the other PWE's games and the DEV team's numbers is what you call "Skeleton Crew" in English, but this rushed scendule only hurts the game even more! Both the players and the DEVs who have to rush and fix what they can fix in this timespan

We are all Joking that PTS is nothing but a Preview server and that LIVE is the Real Test Server, but this is basically Reality right now
So many Bugs we could prevent from going LIVE and having to wait 1 week (or 3 years) for them to be fixed

There are Legit Members of the community that want to help with the PTS testing and provide feedbacks to prevent annoying, unnecessary and disaster bugs! I'm one of them!
Please gives us more timeframe to test and provide feedbacks!
I miss the 1 Week PTS note before Live​​
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
Post edited by avianos on

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    They seem to have given up on wanting real player feedback for much PTS stuff some time ago. Maybe its because they literally don't have enough time to significantly change something once they'd made it now? It seems more an insult to put things on PTS with the current 12 hour time frame. Like they are going through the motions of putting something on PTS because they hope it gives some players the feeling they are influencing the game even though they are not going to make any real changes? Just seems an unfortunate way to run things.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    they should rename it the PS, since it's not really effective for testing.

Well it's not even really public in the bigger scope of things either so it might as well just be S. It is... A server.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Careful, I might get muted for this thread.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Nah PS is fine. Preview Server o3o​​
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    To play devil's advocate...

Perhaps it is less because they don't want to do a proper bug check, but instead a case of them being too far behind schedule and lacking the needed resources, in this case I'd imagine it's bodies with specific skill sets?

I doubt very much that any one working on this project wants to send out flawed and buggy code... not that they have good code to work with... I know I wouldn't have. I've never half assed a job the higher ups hadn't forced me to half ****, all because of that fun little sin of pride.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    mordray001 wrote: »
    To play devil's advocate...

Perhaps it is less because they don't want to do a proper bug check, but instead a case of them being too far behind schedule and lacking the needed resources, in this case I'd imagine it's bodies with specific skill sets?

I doubt very much that any one working on this project wants to send out flawed and buggy code... not that they have good code to work with... I know I wouldn't have. I've never half assed a job the higher ups hadn't forced me to half ****, all because of that fun little sin of pride.

Stop being reasonable. People hate that around here.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    3k376w.jpg​​
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Well SEMI-Public consider the Premium Pack gave access to PTS to all the silver players who bought
    All this time I was calling it Private Test Server
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Stop being reasonable. People hate that around here.

Pretty sure nobody is going to Deny this​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    lezard21 wrote: »
    lezard​​

Your new avatar makes me uncomfortable o3o
    Just use Ad Blocker and turn it off.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    edited December 2019
    If PWE is going to rush the DEVs and completely ignore Quality Control while not giving them more time and staff members, then why should I even bother try to find and report bugs and actually help? There goes every Goodwill I had! Only the MIGHT revamp was a legit PTS testing because we had 2 weeks

I was paranoid to report as many bugs I could find in PTS before they hit live so we could avoid those things being ingored after released (3 YEARS OLD BUGS) but now I see PTS patch notes and I shrug it off because I know they will be tomorrow evening (for my timezone) on Live​​

Optimism is long gone
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    Honestly... why the hate on the devs?

I used to work in a factory... I can assure you that some workers were crap, but most did the job as they were ordered to by the higher ups. If that meant that the resulting work was subpar then as far as we were concerned it was on the bosses and not us. Wouldn't save us when said bosses were looking to save themselves, but we, the workers, were at least able to live with ourselves.

So can you tell the difference between the work of a crappy employee and a good employee with a shitty boss?

That said, I understand. We love this game and see flaws that seem easy to fix and it grates at us. If we didn't care we wouldn't notice or have the drive to voice our dislike.*

*Yes I'm aware that some people are just haters and trolls... but that is what the, in game, ignore function is for.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    I just re-read the thread to check and didn't see any "hate" directed towards the devs.

Guess it must have been removed👍
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    mordray001 wrote: »
    Honestly... why the hate on the devs?.
    There is not a single hate statement against the DEVs in this thread, neither from my side nor any other posters​​
    edited December 2019
    It's not that people are hating on the devs, they are just pointing out how disingenuous it is of the devs to put things up for "testing" 12 hours before it it going to go live. It's just a pro forma thing the devs do for no good purpose. if they are going to put something up the next day and they are not going to change anything about it, there is no need for it to go onto the testing server. Just put it up on live and be done with it. If they do want real testing they know they should put it up a week in advance. With some things (power revamps) they do this, but of late it is more the pointless type of server posts that we see.
    JwLmWoa.png
    DAB on the Haters
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    lezard21 wrote: »
    lezard​​

Your new avatar makes me uncomfortable o3o

weak

Also, PTS is just Preview Things Server now. Our feedback mean squat.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Does it matter anyway? There's hardly enough people left to get much of anything done reliably anymore.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Man if only they designed more stuff that didn't have an intrinsic deadline associated with it. Like, something that wasn't some kind of holiday-event-related content. Then they'd:
    • be able to shift the release back further if any massive bugs were found
    • potentially keep the content around for more than a month
    • stop being so predictable with releases
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    It's not that people are hating on the devs,
    Really?
    they are just pointing out how disingenuous it is of the devs to put things up for "testing" 12 hours before it it going to go live.
    That's a fancy way of saying you think the devs weren't honest.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    That's not "hating." I don't hate the devs for posting things to the PTS in a meaningless fashion. I just think they shouldn't do it. One can see someone as dishonest without hating them.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Disingenuous is an odd word choice. I'd use inefficient, or ineffective, depending on the intent of the schedule, which of course we don't know.
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    That's not "hating." I don't hate the devs for posting things to the PTS in a meaningless fashion. I just think they shouldn't do it. One can see someone as dishonest without hating them.

you're fine. People simply are over-reacting...again. Your word choice in fine as well.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.