test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spectral Aura

stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
This aura has been acting weird since around the Halloween event, at least.

It used to be a semi transparent aura with a haze and a very slight wave effect. Lately though it's taking on more of the Ghost materials liquid look. It's ugly.

I checked all my settings. Unequipped it and re-equipped it. Nothing fixes it. And the weird part is that sometimes it will be the correct aura for a while then it changes to the weird broken one again.

Comments

• stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    It was fixed for a little while. Now it's back to being broken.

You're now fixing and messing up this aura with each patch. In case ANYONE is following this we're on the messed up patch. Last patch was working fine.

• kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    The fx for this aura have not been changed in any recent patch. Are you using other auras with it? Could be another fx is taking priority.
    I'm running Legacy Aura:Kinetic Manipulation with it in "Always On" position.

I removed both auras. Logged out over night. Next day equipped Spectral aura, only. And the same thing happened. Changed costumes and it stayed the same. Changed zones and it stayed the same.

Something keeps changing the aura to look too crisp and liquidy like Ghost Materials.

ghkZcjo.jpg?1

And just for reference this is a fresh copy from the PTS. This is how the aura should look and sometimes does.

d8S55CF.jpg?1

• n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    Can confirm, this is an issue. It used to be a semi-transparency with a colored tint/glow.

Now, there is also a 'liquid' effect similar to the ghost aura.
    Not sure what you see this patch but it looks ok for me this time. Last patch it was messed up.

• kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    There is something else causing this issue, as this fx has not been changed in any recent patch.​​
    edited January 2020
    The transparency effect from the Humidity Dome also has the liquid ripple effect that is being observed on the Spectral Aura.

Seeing as both use a similar transparency effect, it is entirely possible that whatever recent shinanigans you have pulled with the Humidity Dome (removing it from the store, etc) has affected the Spectral Aura with unintended consequences.

I am continuing to see the liquid effect on my characters using the Spectral Aura. I experience this effect when all other auras and powers with VFX are disabled.