test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20191210.4 - Trade Paperback Store, Reprint Event, Winter

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    You see that? It's Elemental Synergy time! tiger-45.gif​​

I am excited about this change o3o maybe... not sure yet... but I'm not un-excited about it! Making those devices useful in the "replace a power and get a freed up power point" way is something I am excited about.
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    It'd be fine if people were worried that the price decrease & reward increase wasn't going to be enough, but the whole complaint that lowering grind necessary somehow increases grind needed is... strange.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I am excited about this change o3o maybe... not sure yet... but I'm not un-excited about it! Making those devices useful in the "replace a power and get a freed up power point" way is something I am excited about.
    It actually confused me as well and caught me off guard that such Device got Superconductor

But I have an Elementalist build i want to revamp who doesn't want neither Chain Lightning nor Electrocute (which I feel that are pulling back the electric set up) so I was thinking of using it with Thunderstrike+Strike Down (Refresh) so I can have a mix and max of elemental powers while keeping Lightning Arc+Strike Down as Electric representation in the build

The Timer is fair long, but it doesnt matter since Boss fights there will be a lot of Thunderstriking so constant refresh

BIG THINK TIME​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    As a major-league hoarder, most often, when I'm getting tokens from some event, I don't spend them during this event because I don't see anything there that I want. It is NOT about me having everything there already. Far from it. I'm a bit more picky about what I want and am willing to spend on.

So, my usual thing is to just keep getting tokens from usual play and hope there's something I'd like that gets introduced at the next offering of the event.

Wiping out my stash of tokens is not a friendly thing to do. I'm not a completionist who needs everything offered. I play casual and take great care in which few items I can grind for in my limited time of play.

Again, though, this is annoying, but I can live with the new change as long as the new cost for items is "casual-friendly".​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • mastercontrol7mastercontrol7 Posts: 181 Arc User
    gansetseg wrote: »
    Congrats on your total lack of reading comprehension. Care to point out where I said I didn't want the rewards?

Try to unstick your tongue from their boot before you point it out to me. (And before you point out 'decent', I'm directing that at the consumables and such.)

Care to point out where I said that you said you didn't want the rewards Mr. Readingcomprehension? I know you wanna be outraged but calm down for a second and actually read things before you talk about them.

All they're removing is any motivation you might have had to farm an event just for currency, even when there's no rewards you want that year. How is this inconveniencing you at all?

I used this elsewhere to illustrate how this is ( not ) changing your grinding times, and I'll show it here too so you can glimpse it:

With tokens carrying over:

-Year 1 you grind for 6 hours, and make 600 tokens and buy 1 item for 400 tokens, and have 200 left over the next year.
    - Year 2 you grind for 2 hours and make 200 tokens for 400 tokens total and buy 1 item for 400 tokens.

Total grind time 8 hours, total items gained 2.

With tokens not carrying over:

- Year 1 you grind for 4 hours, then stop knowing your tokens won't carry over next year, and buy 1 item for 400 tokens.
    - Year 2 you grind for 4 hours, then stop knowing your tokens won't carry over next year, and buy 1 item for 400 tokens.

Total grind time 8 hours, total items gained 2.

huge Flaw in that what if there is more then just 1 item he wanted to get?

if he needs 3 items for his account it would be 12hours, however, is it not always possible to get 100 tokens per hour and seem and can be time-wasting for something you could be doing instead, like Grind Global's, or Gold recognition Champ tokens or having fun doing something else, since events arrr always the same, it not always or not frankly really possible to do 100 tokens per hour, since there is a limitation on how many you can get per day. like nighthawk is 150 nighthawk favors per day in not every 20 hours, "beware of your privileges", this man said to have a family are you saying he should be spending more time on this game instead for his own family? these events are not always forgiving or caring because "you could do better with a Freeform instead of a Crappy AT" kinda events and thank you for proving my point, I'm forever grateful because with tokens carry over and not capped you will spend less time doing an event you don't like or care for.

also

24 hours in a day, people need 8 hours of sleep and have jobs that go for if not 12hours a day, but we going to say 10hours on this one

therefor he will have 2 hours to play with the game if not just 1 hour

by your calculations: he will only make up 100 per day that enough for buying emote for his alts that isn't account-wide if he has like 6-5 alts that would be he will only have 800-1,400 of event tokens that will be said for this year however he will also have more options added over time and these options that he want to buy will he might or might not be able to buy that will be a problem for him since he will have to funnel Focus of one or two of his toons but, you did have to do this before, you have to do this now. Why?

events only last for 2-4 weeks BTW and new stuff is added weekly, more of a chance for him to buy more items that would be more inconvenience, and they addon yearly also, this is an inconvenience to a lot of people. not so much to a few because most of us don't mind investing over 12 hours a day on a game but not everyone got that privilege to do so.

*thing people will buy*

1.Costume [Account]
    2.Emotes [Character]
    3.Powers [Account]
    4.Devices\vehicles [Account or Character]
    5.Mods [Unbind]
    6.Titles {Character bind?}

Are all of these item going to be Account bind Because of this change? [Dev please reply]

counter-arguments
    1." people be off on Saturday and Sunday, he has more time to grind for it": this is not always true, Due to privileges, people work 7 days a week, and don't have time or money for Drifters to put on a game that doesn't really impress them[anymore], Bills are a Thing By The Way.

2." could get the items he needs if he on vacation or have a day off": this will be like saying he should spend more time playing champions online, instead of doing something else, like watching a movie with a family or hanging out with friends, or playing another game to quench your thirst of similar value or not.

3." he\her could wait and get it next year": well he didn't need to do that before, but why now?

4." he\her could just focus on one Toon": well he didn't need to do that before, but why now?

5." he\her just has to deal with it": Well, not really in fact not at all since we live in a free world and such.

I hope you understand, if not maybe someday you will...

I hope the devs pay this some mind not just for this but for other projects/ideas in the future because people are playing this game because they want an easy time with this game, otherwise their other MMO's for their liking in choice if not in quality.

edited December 2019

If he wants more than one item, he'll need to spend more time doing the event. That's how it's always been, these changes did not make that suddenly a thing.

The amount of time some people are claiming it takes to get things is being greatly exaggerated ( as usual ) - my example which you based your calculations off of was not meant to be an accurate representation of how much currency you can get per hour, and it wasn't ( that number is different for different events anyways ). If someone has 2 hours to play per day during an event they'll be able to get plenty of rewards. Heck I didn't spend anywhere near that much doing the Nighthawk event and I picked up some new costume pieces. And if they don't get everything they want, there's always next time - and now, also the Paperback vendor and the year-end event. You'll have plenty of extra chances to get the things, no matter how little time you have for the game.

Don't worry, your video game rewards will be waiting for you.
    by your calculations: he will only make up 100 per day

i mean 100 Per hour within a day. Oops P:

by your calculations: he will only make up 100 per day

i mean 100 Per hour within a day. Oops P:

Like I stated, my numbers were not an accurate representation of how fast you can farm currency for any event. That number is different for different events anyways. So, using my numbers would lead you to inaccurate conclusions and it would not be wise to base an argument on them. They were only meant to be used for a rhetorical example comparing time spent and rewards gained in the old method versus the new method.

If he wants more than one item, he'll need to spend more time doing the event. That's how it's always been, these changes did not make that suddenly a thing.

Before you will be having 800 tokens and be able to spend it 2 or 3 times in one event or another now he be limited to 400 and must cap himself over 3 times to get said items without worrying that he will be overfilling/Getting tokens that he wont be able to use because he at max 400, now they have to worry about this now, not before. "these changes did not make that suddenly a thing" isn't that false to word that out?
    The amount of time some people are claiming it takes to get things is being greatly exaggerated ( as usual ) - my example which you based your calculations off of was not meant to be an accurate representation of how much currency you can get per hour, and it wasn't ( that number is different for different events anyways ). If someone has 2 hours to play per day during an event they'll be able to get plenty of rewards. Heck I didn't spend anywhere near that much doing the Nighthawk event and I picked up some new costume pieces. And if they don't get everything they want, there's always next time - and now, also the Paperback vendor and the year-end event. You'll have plenty of extra chances to get the things, no matter how little time you have for the game.

Don't worry, your video game rewards will be waiting for you.

but this wasn't a thing before wasn't it, like waiting a year if not months to get something to only be discourage? but this game is no longer for everyone now, i guess.

So you saying " he\her just has to deal with it"? well okay.

Like I stated, my numbers were not an accurate representation of how fast you can farm currency for any event.

I never said it was accurate, i think did the same thing you did in Representation of your Pointless Counter Argument, with how the game is today you got to be on a certain time too get anything near this and some event have different rates, some that can go more then just a hour, depend on build and performance, this was kinda stated in my reply,

so That's irrelevant.
  • meneshmenesh Posts: 54 Arc User
    Where has been stated that currency caps would be reduced?
    edited December 2019
    Torrent was removed from PTS and GCR vendor
    I can't have access it to test it

Why is the Nightmare Vendor a Random Horror and not Gold Seraph?​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    This may be stated...

But if each event will have new event currency...

Can drifter and the vendors remain all year long?

Because what happens if in Aug you run Snake Gulch event and won’t run another until Jan?

Just SoL on event currency?
    BUG: The Reprint Event Daily gives the wrong currencies for Turakian and Elysium Tokens
    Elysium Tokens don't even exist

GAVflFy.png​​
    This may be stated...

Because what happens if in Aug you run Snake Gulch event and won’t run another until Jan?

The end of the year event where all vendors are available. They just added it, remember?
  • canadatrekker#7468 canadatrekker Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    May I suggest consolidating into three tokens? Event tokens, snake bucks, and Nightmare tokens (for Halloween and the Nightmare portal event), This way, hings are kept under control, but the specialness of certaijn thenes and events are maintained?
    This may be stated...

The end of the year event where all vendors are available. They just added it, remember?

But is that what they are saying....that what is happening now will happen end of year 2020, all vendors up?
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    But is that what they are saying....that what is happening now will happen end of year 2020, all vendors up?
    That seems at least the implication.
    edited December 2019
    This may be stated...

We'll only know if a dev says something, or December next year. Doesn't really matter, next year we know to get what we want while the events are live and not bother farming extra tokens.
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    Re: Event currency changes;

Frankly, this is stupid and it goes against the entire point of events. When the devs designed the events, it was stated up front that players don't need to feel pressured to "get everything" each time the event comes up, because it will come back and the currency would always [and I'm stressing that ALWAYS] be useful at a later date.

This change is unfair at the least, especially with so little advance warning... to be fair the next year should be the last year we can save and spend old currency and THEN obviate it, but in all truth I cannot comprehend why such a change to how the events were literally designed to work in the first place is desirable.

How is taking away our saved currency help the events in any way? It just upsets the longest playing loyal players, who really are not the people you should be pushing away.

I don't even want to think about logging in to all my alts one by one, determining which of them has an old currency at 200-350 that I need to top off, and spend before the currency is wiped on all of them. It's a daunting amount of effort, and during the busy holidays too. What exactly is it about people with many alts that you seem to hate, @kaiserin#0958 ?
    We'll only know if a dev says something, or December next year. Doesn't really matter, next year we know to get what we want while the events are live and not bother farming extra tokens.

We should have known THIS year, if they are going to spring this on us now.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    In my mind, the only real benefit to being able to hoard currency from year to year or event to event is that no one knows what their availability will be next time the event will be around. If one were, say, moving house during December that person might miss much of the Winter event and not be able to collect the goodies. However, having some currency stashed from the previous year could help in that regard.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    In my mind, the only real benefit to being able to hoard currency from year to year or event to event is that no one knows what their availability will be next time the event will be around. If one were, say, moving house during December that person might miss much of the Winter event and not be able to collect the goodies. However, having some currency stashed from the previous year could help in that regard.

That's true, and that was a huge benefit.

RIP

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    Personally I've only bothered with 'banking' currency as a side effect of farming for something else... such as the night hawk devices for one of my more tech orientated heroes. If I'm farming intentionally it's because I have something I am aiming for. I'll even burn a few drifter currency to take care of the difference. I've not been here since the beginning and I don't have as much time as most seem to. Sometimes even when I have the client loaded I'm nowhere near my computer.
    iamrune wrote: »

Well, time machines don't exist, so instead they put all the vendors up and let you farm currency by doing literally anything that involves defeating NPCs instead. That's plenty fair.
    edited December 2019

Well, time machines don't exist, so instead they put all the vendors up and let you farm currency by doing literally anything that involves defeating NPCs instead. That's plenty fair.

No it isn't because the volume of event currency drops is so low. I spent some time yesterday and noticed that when I randomly got any currency, it was rarer than when an event was normally live, and only one currency at a time.

If we could get multiple drops off of each mob concurrently and the chance of drop for each currency were increased to at least match or better normal event currency drop tables on mobs, then maybe the grind time would be worth it. also, no specific way to grind for a specific currency you may need.

This idea really just needed an exchange vendor, even if temporary, to exchange the various event currencies between one another. At the very least we could then consolidate all of our about-to-be-liquidated currencies into one type for each alt and spend it all.
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    Make all the things from the events account bound, delay the wipe until end of 2020. Or increase the drop rate or better have a vinder that can exchange one type for another so as we can spend that we do have built up all at once and be done with it.
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Make all the things from the events account bound, delay the wipe until end of 2020. Or increase the drop rate or better have a vinder that can exchange one type for another so as we can spend that we do have built up all at once and be done with it.

Actually yeah, with the favor wipe change, it would be nice of them to change auras back to account-bound. Or bring back the NPC that lets you box auras up in an account-bound crate for an extra 100 favor that can be put in your account bank; I dunno whatever happened to that NPC.
    Post edited by heartstringsk3 on
    No it isn't because the volume of event currency drops is so low.

Well you're not meant to farm multiple big ticket items through it, your'e meant to get just enough currency that you can spend the currency you have on something. There's the daily as well, so you technically don't even have to farm at all - remember, if you do literally anything that involves defeating NPCs, you'll have a chance at some currency, so you don't even have to do anything special, just play the game as usual.

If you don't have enough currency left over that it seems like too much effort to farm for more to get one big ticket item just dump whatever you have into mods, most of the vendors have ones worth buying and they're only 10 a piece.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    You know something else interesting?

Unless you're trying to get multiple inexpensive items from an Event store, grinding it out on several toons doesn't help. If there's some way to combine the Event currency from several toons, I certainly have yet to discover it. So I can't take, say, the 125 Snake Bucks I have on this toon, and the 70 Snake Bucks I accidentally picked up on that toon, and the 5 Snake Bucks I managed to pick up with the toon I was running around in the Winter Event with, and put them all together to buy something worth 200 Snake Bucks from the vendor. Instead, it's all just worthless drek that will be removed when the Great Purge happens.

So yeah, unless the Event Store price drops are severe, the major purpose here will be to devalue event-specific toons (I try to theme one to each major Event), and turn grinding from something you can take a few minutes a day for into a part-time job. Not sure that's a great look - for me, it'll mostly be a disincentive to give a damn about the Events in the first place.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    jonsills wrote: »

Unless you're trying to get multiple inexpensive items from an Event store, grinding it out on several toons doesn't help.
    For this event, sure. This event is mostly intended to give you the ability to burn off your leftovers, and unless you have at least 160 of something you probably aren't going to get a costume (min price 300), though you can trivially get auras and emotes (usually 100). On the other hand, it's not like this event is a major effort either, it's literally log in, get mission, return to same character to turn in mission, log out, repeat with next alt.

However, on a regular event that probably lasts four weeks or runs twice a year for two weeks each, it's easily worth grinding on several toons, if there's four 400 and six 300 token costumes, it's way easier to get cycle ten characters and get 300-400 each than to get 3400 on one character.
    Got tons of costumes, auras and devices thanks to this event without having to grind a single thing, thank you devs!
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    4f9fCZqZd6g_BvUk5nmjyj2Xg6U=.gif​​

Unless you're trying to get multiple inexpensive items from an Event store, grinding it out on several toons doesn't help.
    For this event, sure. This event is mostly intended to give you the ability to burn off your leftovers, and unless you have at least 160 of something you probably aren't going to get a costume (min price 300), though you can trivially get auras and emotes (usually 100). On the other hand, it's not like this event is a major effort either, it's literally log in, get mission, return to same character to turn in mission, log out, repeat with next alt.

However, on a regular event that probably lasts four weeks or runs twice a year for two weeks each, it's easily worth grinding on several toons, if there's four 400 and six 300 token costumes, it's way easier to get cycle ten characters and get 300-400 each than to get 3400 on one character.
    You missed what I said later, about time. I haven't got the time to cycle ten characters every day in pursuit of 300-400 credits each (so that each can purchase exactly one item). It is, as I said, a disincentive for me to even bother with events.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'll still play, because I don't play for the events. I just probably won't bother participating unless there's some one item I really want (like the Snowflake emblem, which I got for Cryogen).
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

You missed what I said later, about time. I haven't got the time to cycle ten characters every day in pursuit of 300-400 credits each (so that each can purchase exactly one item).
    Sure, but how is that changed by expiring currency? It's the same total time either way.
    edited December 2019
    You missed what I said later, about time. I haven't got the time to cycle ten characters every day in pursuit of 300-400 credits each (so that each can purchase exactly one item). It is, as I said, a disincentive for me to even bother with events.

It actually takes less time to get rewards if you use multiple characters, because of event daily quests which
    generally give you a good chunk of extra currency. So... yeah, what you're claiming takes more time, actually takes less time. Farming with just one character is the slowest method. Someone with less time but multiple toons should be using those toons.

Now sure, that's irrelevant if you're only trying to get 1 reward... but if you only want 1 thing then why is you not having enough time to farm a ton relevant? 1 thing doesn't require a large time investment.

That wasn't really interesting at all Jon.
    edited December 2019
    You missed what I said later, about time. I haven't got the time to cycle ten characters every day in pursuit of 300-400 credits each (so that each can purchase exactly one item).
    Sure, but how is that changed by expiring currency? It's the same total time either way.
    Okay, put it this way. This year, I have only a limited amount of time to play during the holiday season, most of which I've already used. Fortunately for me, Weapon Xmas still had over a hundred Winter Charm left over from last year, so it became possible for me to earn one reward this year. There are a few other things I'd be interested in, and of course they add new rewards every year (the Snowflake emblem, for instance, is new this year), but if I have to start from zero every year and try to get 300-400 Charms in the time I have for each item I might want, well, something's gotta give on that, and it's not time with my family.

Sorry my pointing out a fairly obvious flaw bores you so terribly, Spinny. Consider it payback for some of your... more eccentric obsessions in other threads.

Just curious how much time per day you have to devote to acquiring the winter event currency? The boxes drop exactly the same stuff each time they open, so once you get the pattern down you can easily go to the ones that just have the attacking toys. I find that in 20 minutes I can run 3 characters through the Misfit Toy mission. Usually that nets me around 25 charms/character, or 75/day or 525/week. So, for ca. 20 minutes per day you could get close to 1600 tokens in 3 weeks.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    Wait... The box spawns are fixed? Damn it! I could have been a lot more efficient... Now I'm going to have to look into finding a nice cluster of AT spawners...

Is the number of spawns also fixed?
    I haven't noticed a pattern to the number of toys spawned. I just know the 8 that spawn them in my favorite area. Once I do those 8 I hop to the next most empty zone and repeat. Does save me a lot of time.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    Event currencies not carrying over is only a factor if you had a bunch left over, which only happens if you keep grinding after you finish getting everything you care about from one edition of an event. Sure, grinding an extra 500 currency this year saves you the time to grind that currency next year, but it's not a net time saver, it's just an issue of when you spend the time. It does mean that when you've gotten everything you care about from a current version of an event you should stop, but people do that anyway.

That's not true.

I sometimes only log in for a little while during an event. I may grab 50 currency (just throwing a number out there) and be done with it.
    I may not log in any more during the event, or log in only briefly a time or three and log back out without earning any currency.

My hope was often to acquire some now and then maybe next year I would play more and get enough to buy something I thought was worth having.

Now I must collect however much currency during the event this year in order to buy anything.

If my schedule doesn't allow it? Too bad. The 50 I made this year will go away and I will have to get the full 100 or 200 or 400 or whatever next year.
    And I don't even have a consolation vendor with which to purchase something for my efforts, however large or small they may have been.

If they are still around next year to spend them then that's a win for Cryptic, isn't it? That that customer is still playing? That they are still logging in next year to play some more?

And if you consider that they might have people playing their other games, too, the throat they are cutting may be their own.
    Someone may not log in to D&D because they have to spend more time here. Someone may skip Champions because they want the D&D and Star Trek rewards more. And then there is the upcoming Magic game, and that may mean even more demands on limited time for limited rewards during a busy and too-often stressful time of the year for many.

How does it hurt to let someone carry the currency over?
    edited December 2019
    mordray001 wrote: »
    Wait... The box spawns are fixed? Damn it! I could have been a lot more efficient... Now I'm going to have to look into finding a nice cluster of AT spawners...

Is the number of spawns also fixed?

The spawn is 1 to 3 toys, per player caught in the gift explosion. So you can group up with others to spawn up to 5~15 (5 players), and be done in 2 gifts. Problem is that each player needs to do enough damage for it to count, so you'll need people who know to not burst the toys to death instantly.

So two players seems to be the best number.

Anyway this is getting off-topic...
    edited December 2019
    Okay, put it this way. This year, I have only a limited amount of time to play during the holiday season, most of which I've already used. Fortunately for me, Weapon Xmas still had over a hundred Winter Charm left over from last year, so it became possible for me to earn one reward this year. There are a few other things I'd be interested in, and of course they add new rewards every year (the Snowflake emblem, for instance, is new this year), but if I have to start from zero every year and try to get 300-400 Charms in the time I have for each item I might want, well, something's gotta give on that, and it's not time with my family.

These changes aren't actually changing anything in regard to that. "I only have X amount of time to farm" was the case already. That hasn't been added. You're acting as if this change means you have to get everything that year, or you'll never have a chance to get it - that's just not true. If you have enough time one year to farm for 2 items, then you'll do that; then next year maybe you have more time, and you'll farm 4 items, some of which are the ones introduced in the previous year that you couldn't get then. That extra time you would have spent farming an event simply gets moved forward to a later year, assuming you already had everything you wanted.

The only thing you are losing with these changes is a reason to continue to farm an event past the point where you have all the rewards it has that you want, and by the sounds of it that wasn't something you had to lose anyway.
    Holiday Cracker loot tables aren't reflecting correct rarity.

(for one instance, Holiday Fluffy hair which is not unique purple anymore is still in the Purple Cracker)
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited December 2019

These changes aren't actually changing anything in regard to that. "I only have X amount of time to farm" was the case already. That hasn't been added. You're acting as if this change means you have to get everything that year, or you'll never have a chance to get it - that's just not true. If you have enough time one year to farm for 2 items, then you'll do that; then next year maybe you have more time, and you'll farm 4 items, some of which are the ones introduced in the previous year that you couldn't get then. That extra time you would have spent farming an event simply gets moved forward to a later year, assuming you already had everything you wanted.

The only thing you are losing with these changes is a reason to continue to farm an event past the point where you have all the rewards it has that you want, and by the sounds of it that wasn't something you had to lose anyway.

No. If a person can not farm 400 in a single year then they can not ever claim a 400+ token item.
    If a person can not farm 300 in a single year then they can not ever claim a 300+ token item.

You are assuming that everyone's floor is at least 400, if not the 750 or whatever for a vehicle.

It may not be.

Those 400 token costume pieces might be a two year project. A vehicle could even take 3 years for some people.

Now it's gone and what is the reward for Cryptic?

They had to spend dev time changing the reward tokens so that people couldn't save them up from year to year.
    Does that put money in their pockets?

If someone can only log in and play for a single day, running the two missions and earning whatever tokens they earn doing those, I would think that Cryptic should be happy to have them.

Now they are telling those folks not to bother. At least not unless they wanted something that those missions will give them enough tokens to get, and they won't let them get much. 20 tokens for each mission and maybe another 20 from drops if they are lucky.
    If you need 400 tokens you can get that in less than 10 minutes/day over less than 20 days. The dirty little secret is that farming boxes which you know are going to spawn toys is a far more efficient to get tokens than standing around waiting for a Clarence to start, especially if you are doing it the last week when lots of people are burned out on both Clarence and BH and it takes even longer to get those missions done.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Further comment. I logged in on Christmas Day and was dismayed to find the game almost completely empty, and no Clarence to fight.

Staggering the event out over weeks really doesn't make sense for this event, since the entire holiday themed fight now takes place AFTER the holiday is over.
    I guess.....XMas was saved?
    Further comment. I logged in on Christmas Day and was dismayed to find the game almost completely empty, and no Clarence to fight.

Staggering the event out over weeks really doesn't make sense for this event, since the entire holiday themed fight now takes place AFTER the holiday is over.

At the same time, Christmas is the time to spend with your family, both the devs and the players. If Clarence popped up during Christmas itself, you'd be fighting with people who go off traveling to meet their family for the season. Imagine missing out an event every single year because you have a family to talk to!

Not my case... but still...
    > @lunnylunny said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > At the same time, Christmas is the time to spend with your family, both the devs and the players. If Clarence popped up during Christmas itself, you'd be fighting with people who go off traveling to meet their family for the season. Imagine missing out an event every single year because you have a family to talk to!
    >
    > Not my case... but still...
    ———————————————

What?!?!

Games don’t shut down for holidays...if anything it’s more free time to play.

Just...no...
    > @lunnylunny said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > At the same time, Christmas is the time to spend with your family, both the devs and the players. If Clarence popped up during Christmas itself, you'd be fighting with people who go off traveling to meet their family for the season. Imagine missing out an event every single year because you have a family to talk to!
    >
    > Not my case... but still...
    ———————————————

What?!?!

Games don’t shut down for holidays...if anything it’s more free time to play.

Just...no...

I didn't say shut down, the event is still there, the game is still there.
This discussion has been closed.