test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you enjoy Onslaught Villain Content?

Just sampling a bit for another topic I have in mind o3o In the meantime discuss what you like about OV, what you don't like and what you would like to see changed

Do you enjoy Onslaught Villain Content? 43 votes

Yes
9%
itsbrou#5396ealford1985markhawkmansubjust 4 votes
No
69%
draognjaazaniah1deadman20bringmeaslabcrusader3025nbkxspsychicsluglezard21gameonspinnytoparblaquesvajdaouro1988chaosdrgnz43jennymachxnoirejbdatuveeavianosmiorumvonqball 30 votes
Indifferent
20%
alt0angel0sknique554pantagruel01themightyzenithaesicapanthrax77vergilmaster123gentlegiantvexxtomthekaiju#8643 9 votes

Comments

• chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    No
    If there were more OV Becomes, it might have been fun. But it's just Grond and his girlfriends. Plus besides Lance Rain, the other two OV power unlocks are pretty bs. Nuclear Shockwave would have been great, but nope! Make it non-compatible with Might tree. Oh the irony~
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    No
    I'm not a fan of the OV builds/powers, the absurd timer and the general feel of it being just some half assed clones running around. If they were to create a system by which I could take temporary control of my nemesis with the ability to create a build for them and command their minions I'd likely enjoy myself as I make hell for the city setting up a system by which my hero will be able to take over... perhaps even letting us face our 'selves' in battle. It could be interesting... at least I'd think it'd be more interesting than the 'jump and stomp' mess we have now.

Edit: The only reason I've even looked at it is because I want to get my hands on some slicers... beyond those I don't see anything worth the misery and even then they are barely worth it.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    No
    Overly simple non-challenging fights? Check.
    Long travel times between action? Check.
    Limited build? Check.

Wait... was I making a list of why OV is boring, or why leveling up via missions is boring? They seem to be the same list.
  • ouro1988ouro1988 Posts: 1 Arc User
    No
    The point of the content was a psuedo pvp element as far as I understand it. As it is implimented however in my opinion it feels more like a chore than anything fun. I force myself to do this content in order to get some things from the OV store-- like the kickass Defender Gloves for my Tanks like Styx, or the Slicer gloves for my Dual Blade DPS.

I am not sure anything I could suggest would be a good change to this mechanic. I have been playing an OV and been berrated for killing people, I've been accused of 'cheating' or lying because I killed people that came to attack me for Guardian points. People suffer this content for the stuff and the smoothest way to get through it, at least for me, is to ask my friends with tongue in cheek if they wouldn't mind coming and dying for me.

At the same time people that have unlocked the Villains do use them to give people points in a commnuity goodness that people in this game often display. This is people working around poor content though, not enjoying it, at least as far as I can see.

If it were not for the useful things you can get from the store no-one would touch this content. The Guardian/Villain tokens would be as useless as Acclaim.
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 722 Arc User
    No
    I mean come on 10,000 just for a power and at trying to do the missions i think about once a day earning what 750 each time takes about 13 days to unlock. Which have to say is far more easy then trying to unlock a skin for a weapon under the Nemesis store. I really hate the locking of cosmetic stuff behind the currency walls, I mean i can see gear that has a definite effect on the game play balance. But again they put the same thing in lock boxes but at least that i can get easy enough without having to grind for it. Maybe if they had a way to trade in other things even questionite to get other currency, like onslaught, and such, you could make it be silver or gold that could be traded for these. Or should i dare say questionite so those of us who don't have the time or hate the grind can just spend money to get it. Probably not a popular opinion by most.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    No
    The devs figured out this hybrid PVP system was a dud almost from the get go when players learned that collusion was the easiest way to earn the currency; hence no development since it was released. Some of the best gear in the game is tied to something with almost no challenge to it. Too bad we don't have enough devs to turn it into a cosmic level gcr/scr PVE kind of content based in MC.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Indifferent
    I like the fact that you can work toward it independently of the same GCR/SCR grind required by basically everything else meaningful, but the content itself is pretty boring and poorly done. Whether it remains as is, or gets moved to something else, I really don't care, and attempting to change/overhaul/revamp it is a waste of (limited) developer resources when there's other things that need a lot more attention.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    No
    Where to Begin
    • Day 1 was loaded with BUGS and exploitables
    • Westside became Newcomers' slaughter grounds
    • Grindefest
    • Psedo-PVP, as worse as CO's PVP! Made worse with OSV villains having major advantage
    • Incredible Exploitable to Grief open world events OSV
    • If you get disconnected your character gets penalized with Genetic Exhaustion
      but players in fight who can Drag out their Devices from their Tooltip near death to Deny Tokens

So I get punished with 1 Hour penalty because at least once per day the game will get disconected! But people who were exploiting the device-drag didn't ಠ_ಠ
    • The Powers behind the Vendor's Paywall and the recent revamps that made them even less desireble with the absurb CD timers

I find it quite funny that the vendor stats in his FAQ states that if you unslot the device you get punished with the Debuff, however this hasn't been working since the launch of this update

I HATE this update
    The only Redeemable thing which came out from the Onslaugh update are the OSV secondediers (EXCEPT of Gloves of Saviour but hey +55 Presense for healers :grimace: )
    And THANKS GOD Devs let us PVE-farm this event by just defeating Until Defenders without the need to engage combat against other players! It takes 1 and a Half mod for full Secondaries i'm a patient man and I got all my FFs OSV secondaries

Call me a madman but I have all OSV powers and costumes unlocked.
    Was it worth it? No
    Especially after my favorite power, Lance Rain, got a 20 sec CD. Still great AOE Damage power, but the CD-Charging time ratio is BS especially on team-content where your allies will kill your main target before you even charge the darn thing... while rely on having 5 stacks of Ego Leech and PRAY the power will Critical HIT!
    Nuclear wave got 30 secs CD with barely any synergy with the might powerframe

TL;DR
    https://youtu.be/H1XCF5xOkxk​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    No
    Hush! Quiet! They might be listening.
    avianos wrote: »
    I find it quite funny that the vendor stats in his FAQ states that if you unslot the device you get punished with the Debuff, however this hasn't been working since the launch of this update
    /quote]
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Indifferent
    I'll give them credit for trying something original. It's a neat idea with a lot of potential, but it's clearly something the devs lost passion for and decided it wasn't worth supporting anymore.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Indifferent
    The occasional OV fight can be fun, but not in the volume required actually get any rewards, and in any case it (quite predictably) turned into either exploits or kill trading.
  • alt0angel0skalt0angel0sk Posts: 137 Arc User
    Indifferent
    yes and no, but i do agree with what most people say about OVs
  • subjustsubjust Posts: 48 Arc User
    Yes
    best content ever. make more
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 970 Arc User
    No
    • badly implemented
    • buggy (disconnect and debuff)
    • the community is not on a state for such a feature
    • pvp part sucks
    • only good rewards are the gear and maybe the costumes (outside of the 2 out of 3 kind of useful powers)
    • exploitable with extra accounts (skips the grind)
    • not so many villains
    • troll bait for events and OMs
    ​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
    No
    I hope everyone realizes that both "Yes" and "Indifferent" are votes to not change OV content o3o
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Yes
    When I first started doing OV stuff, I was shocked at the 10K price tag. Honestly, except for one thing, you could take a zero off everything. That one thing being VT drops from kills.

The idea of buying a random bit of either OV stuff or other rep stuff for Q isn't bad. The price would have to be steep though.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • miorummiorum Posts: 42 Arc User
    No
    I want to like OV. I really do. I can see the thought-process behind OV, it being an active push towards a new Player versus Player style that does not rely on specific powers and devices to win (on at least one side).
    From my perspective, Supervillain Onslaught:
    • Introduced asymmetrical PVP: 'Supervillain' versus 'Heroes'.
    • Is a player-centered 'Rampage', with one of three iconic villains (and their powersets).
    • Allows both 'Supervillain' and 'Heroes' to accrue 'PVP Currency' (which isn't Acclaim) for a variety of prizes.

But as Onslaught exists currently, it's not "Let's defeat the Supervillain!"/"Haha, I am a Villain and will terrorize the City!" and far more often a scenario in which Zone sees a "Passive OV in RenCen diving in x minutes" message, while Heroes grab the quest, run back and then wail on a statue for a few minutes a couple yards away from Defender.

I lack any ideas on how to make it more engaging, more exciting, more fun for both sides involved (perhaps even more so for the Supervillains themselves..who are already dodging turrets and a dwindling timer).

PS. (What's rather unfortunate is that the Onslaught Store needs an almost absurd amount of currency from both sides - one being far easier to obtain - making it a grind rather than fun for me. I also find it annoying that the current 'best' Secondary Offense items in the game are behind a PVP Wall. I accept that these are a personal problem.)
    In-game, I'm The_Kef -- ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "That's really it for Champs."
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Indifferent
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I hope everyone realizes that both "Yes" and "Indifferent" are votes to not change OV content o3o
    Since indifferent generally means they don't care, I think it's pretty safe to say they're fine with that. Personally, I think there's more important things for the team to focus on with their limited resources.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    edited December 2019
    No
    aesica wrote: »
    I think there's more important things for the team to focus on with their limited resources.

That's going on the buzz phrase list o3o
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    No
    While the OV system was a neat idea, it was never really finished, and the implementation is godawful. Good thing that there aren't more a-holes around, or no open missions could ever get done in M City.
    edited December 2019
    No
    I know a specific Scumbag who was exploting OV to constantly grief Clarence and kill all the players for tokens

He got Banned! Serve him right​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    No
    I know a specific Scumbag who was exploting OV to constantly grief Clarence and kill all the players for tokens

He got Banned! Serve him right​​

While I'm glad he got banned... he's actually just using the OV system as designed. Which shows you how little thought was put into said design.

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Yes
    ^ Vonq said it best here...I get why people are upset with that, but I don’t know the ban is justified
    Yes
    Plus...I voted yes because polls don’t matter
    No

Dammit, cause of you they're gonna double the OV system!
    No
    Out of curiosity, how would you vote in a "Do polls matter?" poll? XD

Yes
    Touché
    No
    vonqball wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, how would you vote in a "Do polls matter?" poll? XD

Pretty sure we've had one of those here before.
    No
    While I'm glad he got banned... he's actually just using the OV system as designed. Which shows you how little thought was put into said design.
    ^ Vonq said it best here...I get why people are upset with that, but I don’t know the ban is justified

Griefing is against the game rules, he had malicious intentions and he was enjoying it and abused an oversight to reward himself while ruining the Open Mission

He deserved everything about this Ban and I hope he rot in hell​​
    Yes
    Look up the word Villain
    No

Griefing is against the game rules, he had malicious intentions and he was enjoying it and abused an oversight to reward himself while ruining the Open Mission

He deserved everything about this Ban and I hope he rot in hell​​

Can we really call intentionally being hit by ambient damage an oversight at this point? People have been doing it since day one of the OV release. If the devs choose to knowingly leave broken toys around, then they are largely to blame.

edited December 2019
    No
    Look up the word Villain

Now tell me you're not using the presence of a word in the title of the content to justify breaking the TOS and griefing...
    Can we really call intentionally being hit by ambient damage an oversight at this point? People have been doing it since day one of the OV release. If the devs choose to knowingly leave broken toys around, then they are largely to blame.

Well no, because it has been explicitely stated that this is griefing, and has been enforced thusly. Anyone who gets busted for it only has themselves to blame, just like someone driving the wrong way down a one way road - I mean, cars can go in that direction on that road, so how is it my fault I did that? If you can do it, it's not breaking the rules!
    edited December 2019
    Yes
    Devs gave players a loaded weapon and said go have fun....why should you be surprised if people get shot.

Day 1 OV was a bad idea because people were unwillingly in the crossfire.

I don’t agree with going to events to get kills....but I don’t agree he is violating the TOS because it’s what the OV are for, to kill players.

But my point with the word...if you are going to say someone is malice in their actions, don’t give the player malice content.

Hell...we have whiny players who feel sexually objectified during dev ran CCs because they looked at their cartoon butt. Should the dev be banned now?
    No
    Well no, because it has been explicitely stated that this is griefing, and has been enforced thusly. Anyone who gets busted for it only has themselves to blame, just like someone driving the wrong way down a one way road - I mean, cars can go in that direction on that road, so how is it my fault I did that? If you can do it, it's not breaking the rules!

Where is it explicitly stated? I get that the dingy back alleys of the forum are your natural habitat, but I don't remember seeing these rules posted anywhere. You can't drive a car without a license, and you can't get a license without being tested on the rules. Maybe I'm missing it, but the onslaught guy isn't telling me anything about responsible use of the device.

No
    Devs gave players a loaded weapon and said go have fun....why should you be surprised if people get shot.

Because shooting people is against the law, so why should you be surprised when you get put in jail?
    Where is it explicitly stated? I get that the dingy back alleys of the forum are your natural habitat, but I don't remember seeing these rules posted anywhere. You can't drive a car without a license, and you can't get a license without being tested on the rules. Maybe I'm missing it, but the onslaught guy isn't telling me anything about responsible use of the device.

Pretty sure the TOS make it clear that griefing is against the rules. Not sure what your hatred of the forums...that you post on... has to do with that lol
    edited December 2019
    Yes
    Well lucky for us, we come back to life...so no one dies.

So since no murder, no law was broken.
    Indifferent
    Can we really call intentionally being hit by ambient damage an oversight at this point?
    The Onslaught system was basically Gentleman Crush's last chance to break stuff in CO, and he happily did so. He apparently did not want to make it work in a non-exploitable way.
    Yes
    Hearsay? Or did he come out with that bit?
    Indifferent
    Hearsay? Or did he come out with that bit?
    Evidence based on behavior. Gentleman Crush was one of those coders who is very energetic and leaves a whole bunch of land mines behind for later developers.
    No
    Pretty sure the TOS make it clear that griefing is against the rules. Not sure what your hatred of the forums...that you post on... has to do with that lol
    Uhmm.. I don't hate the forums at all. Like you say, I post ideas and get lots of great info here. I'm just saying that not everyone is a creature of the forums like we are.

You said that it was explicitly stated that this behavior was griefing. My question is not "is griefing against tos?" it is "where is this behavior explicitly called griefing?" It doesn't seem to be anywhere obvious.

My point is this... if you fill a playground with half-painted chunks of jagged metal and call them toys, you probably should take some blame when one kid cuts another kid.

No
    Uhmm.. I don't hate the forums at all. Like you say, I post ideas and get lots of great info here. I'm just saying that not everyone is a creature of the forums like we are.

You said that it was explicitly stated that this behavior was griefing. My question is not "is griefing against tos?" it is "where is this behavior explicitly called griefing?" It doesn't seem to be anywhere obvious.

My point is this... if you fill a playground with half-painted chunks of jagged metal and call them toys, you probably should take some blame when one kid cuts another kid.

Just gonna point out, the kid who stabbed another kid is going to be punished. Soooooooooooo, you agree the griefer should be punished. Good talk!
    Yes
    Yeah, that’s not what would happen...

But clearly this is the point where you stop having an actual conversation and start your your passive trolling ways.

Fun while it lasted.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    No
    Everything, this is the BIGGEST discouragement to making new characters. Knowing that I'll have to do this again to get the eq that I need to make that character acceptable. Knowing that I'll have to rip my own guts out to endure the soul-ripping torture that this crap is. I rather cut my eyeballs out with acid-laced razor-blades than to ever, have to do this again. I haven't made a new character in over a year because of it.
    [NbK]XStorm
    No
    I hear you! Tomorrow morning I will finish the 15,000th point on another tank character. Like nails on a chalkboard. Fortunately I've got a system worked out where most of the time I am just reading the news so it is not quite as tedious as it could be.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Indifferent
    I mostly solve it by not doing Onslaught; while I do have a number of characters with a full set, new characters don't get it, or at most get a primary offense.
    edited December 2019
    No
    Yeah, that’s not what would happen...

what world do you live in where children don't get punished for stabbing each other??? I've heard some real whoppers but that one's going in top five.
    No
    [
    Just gonna point out, the kid who stabbed another kid is going to be punished. Soooooooooooo, you agree the griefer should be punished. Good talk!
    Yes! But also clean up the damn playground!

edited December 2019
    No
    [
    Yes! But also clean up the damn playground!

Obviously they should do something about the exploit, and they clearly agree since they've done things to make it harder to successfully use it. Like I dunno why you're arguing that, everyone agrees with you already - like find me the person who says "no leave the exploits that stuff is hot!".

The thing people might disagree with you is if you try to say that it's fine for people to do it because the devs can't successfully completely remove the exploit. I don't give even the slightest crap what percentage of the blame you want to arbitrarily assign to which group, someone knowingly using an exploit to grief is a griefer and they are at fault for their actions, no percentages needed.
    Yes
    > @spinnytop said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > what world do you live in where children don't get punished for stabbing each other??? I've heard some real whoppers but that one's going in top five.
    ———————————————-

How many stabbed kids before someone goes “hmm....maybe it’s this razor sharp play ground and not the kids fault”

Maybe....just maybe it’s the people who built the death trap? You think? Hmm?

One can only imagine what your other top 4 are it that concept is so beyond you.
    Yes
    > @spinnytop said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Obviously they should do something about the exploit, and they clearly agree since they've done things to make it harder to successfully use it. Like I dunno why you're arguing that, everyone agrees with you already - like find me the person who says "no leave the exploits that stuff is hot!".
    >
    > The thing people might disagree with you is if you try to say that it's fine for people to do it because the devs can't successfully completely remove the exploit. I don't give even the slightest crap what percentage of the blame you want to arbitrarily assign to which group, someone knowingly using an exploit to grief is a griefer and they are at fault for their actions, no percentages needed.
    —————————————————
    Not an exploit.

It’s poor design and because of that people unwillingly join content they didn’t mean to join.

What they need is an actual notification, like PvP that says “Do you wish to participate in OV?”

Then that solves everything. But no way shape or form should someone with an OV be banned for using the content provided.

Hell...they could make an OV cancellation dome around OM Events that instantly kills any OV...but Devs have abandoned OV.