test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will CO run at 2560x1440 resolution, Nvidia 2080ti?

I really like the game and STO. They both will not run on this PC. They ran fine on the last 3 or 4 I played CO and STO (been playing since they first came out), but those had the 10 series nvidia cards. Im afraid ARC is not keeping up with the new hardware/components coming out now a days. Was going to buy Subnautica and wont go near ARC games now.The only way to play on this machine is run in safe mode or manually adjusted but then looks so much worst then playing on laptop, uninstalling here and hate that because the junk left over in registry from these games. I know, search keywords arc, co, sto, back up before hand, but still a pain in the ****. If anyone has fix or if patch PLZ? Thanks much.

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    And hopefully ARC doesn't learn to operate by itself....
    You know, self awareness, Skynet and HAL 9000...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    Cryptic Studios, 2009: "By using a common engine, all of our games can benefit from new technologies and upgrades!"

Cryptic Studios, 2019: "The CO branch of the engine was locked years ago. Shoulda kept that potato you just replaced."
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    shreddoggshreddogg Posts: 23 Arc User
    Unreal, Thanks for answering my question. I will uninstall from this potato and use on the laptop potato when im on it. The thing is with this potato the newer games are like watching high def movie, so I cant play ARC games on it. there are others. SWTOR kicks ****. PS2, Red Dead 2, etc. etc. Modern Warfare. But thanks very much for answering the question. I will not expect ARC games to be brought up to todays hardware standards. TYVM.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    What the heck is this rant about? You don't get the full resolution your monitor can display therefore you're not gonna play the game?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    shreddogg wrote: »
    Unreal, Thanks for answering my question. I will uninstall from this potato and use on the laptop potato when im on it. The thing is with this potato the newer games are like watching high def movie, so I cant play ARC games on it. there are others. SWTOR kicks ****. PS2, Red Dead 2, etc. etc. Modern Warfare. But thanks very much for answering the question. I will not expect ARC games to be brought up to todays hardware standards. TYVM.

You should try this machine to play potato games.
    Multifunction-Vegetable-Cutter-Potato-Chips-Making-Machine-Price-Leek-Cutter-Machine.jpg
    What the heck is this rant about? You don't get the full resolution your monitor can display therefore you're not gonna play the game?

Can't wait 8K games.
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited December 2019

I believe he said he's going to install it on an even more potato laptop instead, and play it on that.

I don't get why he doesn't just play it in the lower resolution on the better PC but hey, he can do whatever wants with his CO o3o maybe he doesn't know how to lower his resolution.
  • Options
    daroschdarosch Posts: 5 Arc User
    Interesting. I run CO at 5760x1200 across 3 24" monitors and it works fine on 2 Nvidia 980's at pretty much max settings, minus a few.