What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The General Guide to Costuming

2»

Comments

• Options
    gansetseggansetseg Posts: 48 Arc User
    Funny how a single temper tantrum can ruin something for everyone.
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Frankly I'm surprised this thread's still stickied about 6 months later.

I was thinking of rehosting this up on Steam at some point, but the information in it was kind of outdated. Also the one computer I had the backup text of the guide on got reformatted because of tech issues lol, so even if I wanted to put the guide up, I'd basically need to rewrite the whole thing.

Big chunks of it were pretty opinionated anyways, and frankly with the direction that the game is going with how much more blatant the money grabs are getting with temporary sales, the less I'm regretting the decision to pull this. They're still not doing a good job. I started spending more income on this game expecting it to improve in quality or gain more substantial updates, and instead the result has been a year of disappointment, including the strange UX design decision that lead to this guide being removed in the first place.

So I don't really care if you're mad at me for removing it. Honestly that just shows that you're taking player contributions for granted; really I'm just some random guy on the internet that decided to type up an entire thesis on visual design in a costume creator, for absolutely no profit or reason other than, at some point, I liked CO's tailor. The fact people are saying I 'ruined' everything by removing the guide just speaks volumes to how much I was able to positively influence the game at one point, and that's really quite humbling.

Regardless, there's nothing stopping someone else that's more talented than me, as well as more dedicated to the game in its current state, from contributing to the game. As it is now, I'm not the one to do it.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Take care of youself Bluhman, don't let others try to Guilt Trip you

d17.gif​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    And to think you never even had to do that. All you had to do was wait a bit o3o
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    If we all just waited and said nothing about that nonsense there's a good chance we would still be waiting.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods