test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Limited Time Tenacious Key Pack!

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2019 in Super News Network
Launching tomorrow, 12/2, at 10 am PT and lasting exactly 24 hours in the Zen Store.
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11306983-the-tenacious-key-pack!​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Red alert! Raise shields!

...I'm just here for the comments, but there aren't any yet? How disappointing.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    aesica wrote: »
    Red alert! Raise shields!

...I'm just here for the comments, but there aren't any yet? How disappointing.
    It's been buried by the other thread of vitriol and hate...
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    e7a.jpg​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    Ok, I love this game. I've been playing since the closed betas, got a LTS, and I buy zen every now and then for the lockboxes, and to help support the game. I don't like "Doomsayers" and I've always tried to be positive, and speak highly of the game. But this is going too far in my book. This is now the third "Limited Time" offer that has popped up in the past 10 days (not even a full two weeks since the first). This kind of stuff will do nothing but hurt the current player base, and turn potential new players away. I can't keep staying positive about this game, if the new business model is gonna be quick cash grabs on limited time items.
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    Please just stop with limited time packs.
  • gemini2099gemini2099 Posts: 118 Arc User
    I think this is fine since it is during the holiday season. Looking forward to this!
    Gemini - Lvl 4x - Soldier
    Omicron - Lvl 4x - Mind
    Emerald Myst - Lvl 2x - Claws/Fighting Hybrid
    Epsilon - Lvl 2x - Blade
    Asterius - Lvl 1x - Electric/Void Hybrid

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Just glad that I have this on all my characters from the secret code of long agoness.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    At least they didn't Discontinued that Free Inborn Tenacity Device for owners of the original Gamebox of CO, and then calling it with a news report "Good News Champions, It was a BUG and not a feature and we deleted it immediately" :grimace:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    I personally don't mind the limited time packs in moderation. However, what concerns me is the rapid churn out of these packs. This seems far more reasonable at least than the *cough* $120 Questionite legacy travel powers.

That said, I would still like some clarification on what these packs will mean for the future of the game, and more specifically are they going to be a permanent fixture of the game, or simply something for the holidays.

Any explanation is better than none, please.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Huh what? I completely missed this because I was playing a different game. Oh well.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    L0L! One i got, is like a decade old...
    And like after nine years, it gave free Aura!!
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Do the devs ever give clarifications on this sort of thing?
    panthrax77 wrote: »
    That said, I would still like some clarification on what these packs will mean for the future of the game, and more specifically are they going to be a permanent fixture of the game, or simply something for the holidays.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

You will not get an explanation, it's something they don't really do.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    One can hope :c
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    One can hope :c
    you're expecting a level of planning that probably doesn't exist.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    Well, this would be a nice device to have. But, I'm not gonna be supporting this "limited time" direction we are heading. Honestly, this dialing-up of the shameless cash grabbery is giving me the old foreboding visions of imminent doom... and is making me not want to spend cash on the game in general.
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    You people are amazing.

The Developers are offering things that had limited time-frames to achieve and/or were challenging to aquire even when they were still available; thus allowing new players or those that didn't meet requirements at the time to still get them.

And you COMPLAIN that the new offer is only for a limited time and/or takes resources that are challenging to acquire.

The new time-frames and requirements are a fair way for the developers to mirror the original conditions that the items were available. Offering a second bite at the apple is the truly considerate thing that is being done here, and instead of being gracious for the opportunity, you complain that it was made too difficult for your tastes.
    Well, they could also have just given them away for free. There is a whole range of possibilities of what they could have done. Think about it from the perspective of a new player who isn't sitting on millions of Q acquired over years of play. If that person wanted all 4 of those travel powers (since who knows if they will ever be available again) they would have had to pay over $200 because there's no way they could earn 12,000,000 Q in one day. Not what I'd call a reasonable challenge.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • retehi#8400 retehi Posts: 32 Arc User
    n8mcd wrote: »
    You people are amazing.

The Developers are offering things that had limited time-frames to achieve and/or were challenging to aquire even when they were still available; thus allowing new players or those that didn't meet requirements at the time to still get them.

And you COMPLAIN that the new offer is only for a limited time and/or takes resources that are challenging to acquire.

The new time-frames and requirements are a fair way for the developers to mirror the original conditions that the items were available. Offering a second bite at the apple is the truly considerate thing that is being done here, and instead of being gracious for the opportunity, you complain that it was made too difficult for your tastes.

You're the perfect customer. Question nothing, everything's good.

How do those boots taste?
    edited December 2019
    Ah yes, because criticizing and being against horrible Anti-Consumer Predatory practices is "whining"

You call 2,000,000 Q for LEGACY Travel Powers which became unobtainable in 2012 and brought back for a Time limit of 3 Days a CHALLENGE?
    I call it an unreasonable Cash Grab, especially with the ridicilous amount of ZEN needed to buy all of it, and that's what they wanted to do, make people buy Q with Zen
    Cryptic and PWE are not your friends, they don't need White Knights
    e9f.png​​
    avianos wrote: »
    Ah yes, because criticizing and being against horrible Anti-Consumer Predatory practices is "whining"
    It's whining to demand Cryptic give you it for free. Inborn Tenacity was never free. It was a limited edition item that is stupid expensive in RW $$$ to get nowadays.
    You call 2,000,000 Q for LEGACY Travel Powers which became unobtainable in 2012 and brought back for a Time limit of 3 Days a CHALLENGE?
    I call it an unreasonable Cash Grab, especially with the ridicilous amount of ZEN needed to buy all of it, and that's what they wanted to do, make people buy Q with Zen
    So give me a number of zen that you think is reasonable. But acting like you think it should be free is absurd.
    Cryptic and PWE are not your friends, they don't need White Knights
    Calling me or anyone else a "white knight" is tantamount to accusing us of lying about our motives. I actually think these promotions were good ideas. I even bought one of the 2M Q power unlocks.

Obviously you disagree. But insinuating that I'm being dishonest about whether I like it?
    669.jpg
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited December 2019
    It's whining to demand Cryptic give you it for free. Inborn Tenacity was never free. It was a limited edition item that is stupid expensive in RW $$$ to get nowadays.

NOBODY, LITERALLY NOBODY here or in the Q TP thread is asking for Free Items, and I NEVER asked anyone in forums neither ingame for Free Inborn Tenacity
    and Nobody is saying those things should be Free neither, the absurd price on Limited time items is the problem
    I love how your first assumption is that People who Disagree with this Business Practice = Want Free stuff HERP DERP
    :grimace:
    So give me a number of zen that you think is reasonable. But acting like you think it should be free is absurd.
    WOW! Once again, you Jump into the Assumption I Disagree with this Business Practice = I want Free stuff HERP DERP OOGA BOOGA I'm a Freeloader give me Free stuff Cryptic :|
    The Q prices for the TPs were Absurb so that must means I want it to be 0 and Free right? Logic

Please Revalue and reexamine what the real issue here is and why so many have expressed negative feedback, because it aren't because of that

I want those Legacy Travel Powers to be Permanent for the game's store in a fair price
    You know what a good price is, NOT Freaking 2.000.000 Questionite! for contest which they intentionally removed from the game in 2012

Even HALF the price would be better, but keep them permanent ingame because Q-market needs a resource sink (since Q store is worthless)
    Calling me or anyone else a "white knight" is tantamount to accusing us of lying about our motives. I actually think these promotions were good ideas. I even bought one of the 2M Q power unlocks.
    Congratulations! You made a terrible financial decision

EA would like to know your Location​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • Why can't the powers be 250,000 Questionite like normal? At least that's an achievable amount

These cash grabs to me are concerning - once in a while is fine but this is starting to be worrisome
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    Wonderful... once again a game does something questionable and the respective community just turns on each other in response...
  • mordray001 wrote: »
    Wonderful... once again a game does something questionable and the respective community just turns on each other in response...

While they run the game, we are the customer. I recommend we start to remember that the buying power is in our hands
    mordray001 wrote: »
    Classic case of "how dare you disagree with me!" Then instead of actually talking about it reasonably people throw around baseless accusations.
    -drivel-
    So give me a number of zen that you think is reasonable.
    -drivel-
    -drivel-
    I want those Legacy Travel Powers to be Permanent for the game's store in a fair price
    -drivel-
    Even HALF the price would be better, but keep them permanent ingame because Q-market needs a resource sink (since Q store is worthless)
    So give me a number instead of useless drivel.
    I actually think these promotions were good ideas. I even bought one of the 2M Q power unlocks.
    Congratulations! You made a terrible financial decision
    -drivel-
    Really? I spent a stack of Q I wasn't using for anything to get an item I didn't have. How is that a bad "financial decision"?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Classic case of "how dare you disagree with me!" Then instead of actually talking about it reasonably people throw around baseless accusations.
    Just like you threw around the baseless accusation "You act like it should be FREE!" :grimace:​​
    Just like you threw around the baseless accusation "You act like it should be FREE!" :grimace:​​
    Still waiting for you to tell me what you think a FAIR price is. Which is kinda the point here. People post entire pages of diatribe about how the price is an outrage, but never say what they think a fair price is.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited December 2019
    ...I already did and you highlighted it yourself by [REDIRECTED] Quote

Half Price - Permanent Q store Travel Powers content! BAM! Now players have a Goal Point to actually farm Q

As for the Zen Store Key packs, I don't care because I only focused on the Q Legacy powers here which was a Cash Grab​​
    ...I already did and you highlighted it yourself by [REDIRECTED] Quote

Half Price - Permanent Q store Travel Powers content! BAM! Now players have a Goal Point to actually farm Q
    Really? was that the intent behind that? You didn't say you actually thought that was a fair price. It came across as "less unfair".
    As for the Zen Store Key packs, I don't care because I only focused on the Q Legacy powers here which was a Cash Grab​​
    And this is the part where I tell you where to stick your drivel. Calling it a "Cash Grab" makes you look like you expect it to be free. Also... ranting about the Q powers in this thread is off-topic.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    I doubt 'new' players were even concerned about buying the legacy TPs, nor the new devices. Most new players are too busy saving up for the costume pack they want to make their dream character, the premium pack to upgrade their gaming experience, or for those interested in custom builds a FF slot, or for those with a few toons already a hideout for the shared bank to transfer account-binds.

A cost of 2 million Q for anybody having played for a year or two isn't that hard to achieve in game. It would take 80 Q-crates with the worst rewards, or 40-50 keys worth of zen (depending on exchange rates), or a few months of having exhibited the maturity of of saving up various resources for a rainy day.

As for the Inborn Tenacity pack, the actual cost isn't that steep, the only challenge is picking which character(s) you want to get one for.

If you can't manage to keep some G, Zen, and/or Q in your wallet, don't be angry at the developers who have made these things available, when there was no obligation or demand for them to do so. It had just always been assumed by almost everybody that they were gone forever, out of reach entirely. They did us all a favor to put them back within reach, even if only momentarily and at a price.

*On an unrelated note: the body-glow aura effect of Mystic Flight (r3) seem to be much brighter than it was before the TP sale. I know there was some TP aura corrections, and I am curious if that increased glow effect was a correction, or an unintended adjustment. If the latter, I find the extra intensity a bit distracting and wouldn't complain if it got dialed back to where it started.*