test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Regarding Monthly Subscription

Ok, I have now played the game quite a bit and 2 character slots and 10 auctions slots are not enough. I also want to try out the freeform. This is why I want to go for a monthly subscription. The problem is, whenever I submit the code to gain access to my account I have no opportunity to add any monthly subsription. I only have this:

''Manage Subscriptions
You have no active subscriptions.''

Account Guard also have no options to add anything. So, how exactly do I commit to a monthly subsription here? Perhaps I am just blind...

Answers

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    There are no Monthly subscription anymore.
    If you didn't have active sub going when Things Changed. You're out of luck.
    It's either go for Life or Premium Pack.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    You are NOT blind. CO has just not fixed their user interface to manage the new reality. They likely never will, which is strange, because the entire idea of getting rid of monthly subscriptions is they "thought" they would make more money using LTS or Premium Packs. If they are not directing players to those options, they are shooting themselves in the foot financially.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • flyingfinn wrote: »
    There are no Monthly subscription anymore.
    If you didn't have active sub going when Things Changed. You're out of luck.
    It's either go for Life or Premium Pack.

Ohh... So, the only option is to spend 300 Euro then.
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    You are NOT blind. CO has just not fixed their user interface to manage the new reality. They likely never will, which is strange, because the entire idea of getting rid of monthly subscriptions is they "thought" they would make more money using LTS or Premium Packs. If they are not directing players to those options, they are shooting themselves in the foot financially.

I would really like to go for a monthly subscription. 300 Euro seems a bit over the top though.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Then get the Premium Pack.
    And check the Bonus tab in C-store, if you got the freebie...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kaamos81kaamos81 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Now this is a real shame. After long break wanted to play again CO and found out, that i cant use my freeforms anymore, cause there isnt monthly subs anymore. Or unless i pay 27€/slot or 249€ for lifetime and thats not gonna happen. Seems that some employee of the year had a great idea, how to fail big time. 23 freeforms that i cant play. Why the hell did they remove monthly subs, stupid idea. No more CO then. :(

• Ohh... So, the only option is to spend 300 Euro then.

250*, unless you've the same problem I had few weeks back when LTS dropped in price
  • liquinliquin Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Ho-lee shite... I have 10 free forms that are locked away behind $30 EACH... wow.. this is the most idiotic idea ever.

Unless they just wanted to guarantee I never play again. this is a sure fire way.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Cryptic decided that since you are a random, only plays now-and-then player you are too expensive to maintain in a subscription system. They decided they are willing to lose players like you by cutting the subscription service because in the long run they make more money in other ways.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    > @liquin said:
    > Ho-lee shite... I have 10 free forms that are locked away behind $30 EACH... wow.. this is the most idiotic idea ever.
    >
    > Unless they just wanted to guarantee I never play again. this is a sure fire way.
    ———————————————————
    ———————————————————

Were you even playing? Your last 2013 comment made it seem like you stopped playing anyways.