test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Night Hawk vehicles

After grinding through the Nighthawk event on several characters I hit my goal to even do it. Get one of each vehicle. In fact I got about 11 vehicles even on characters that already had a vehicle. It gave me something to work for and also vehicles for future alts. (I'd say I wanted some costume bits but I got lucky and most of the ones I wanted dropped for me at the end. That's discounting the dozens of "daring belts" I got)

But...um...other than fast (or rather slightly faster) travel are vehicles any good? I don't see much in-game use for them. I'm not bashing them I'm just asking if I'm missing something.

At any rate as I'm done grinding this event at least I don't have to hear the agonizing cutscene dialogue anymore. "Take the jets!"....

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    For me they are mostly a way to save points by not ranking up travel powers (beyond maybe R2). I.e. faster ways to get around maps. I have a couple tricked-out vehicles I use in the QWZ for characters that are either real squishy and/or do low damage.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    I've used them for travel power stand ins before... eventually I just stopped bothering. These days I have 1 vehicle that I even bother with anymore and that is purely for the Nighthawk mission as I hate it and got tired of feeling like I wasn't doing anything with the supplied jets...
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    I mostly use my vehicles to get around faster when doing certain Event missions. Like getting to takofanes faster, looking for treed cats, or hunting down foxbats.
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Vehicles are a byproduct of a time when Cryptic was strapped for cash and purposely dumbed down a mount system in order to sell it for better margins. Unfortunately a lot of end-game content left over from when vehicles were hot is still tailored specifically for them, like Lemurian Invasion, Sky Command, and the Nighthawk Event. Thankfully development has all but abandoned them.

In my opinion, you're better off passing on vehicles for everything but looks and theme.