test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

proving the nighthawk innocant mission

guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Missions and Content
First off, for the most part, I really love this mission. There are a couple of fun fights against the mysterious nighthawk imposters, there's a bit of the old Easter egg hunt for goons that drop clues, and the best part are the new crime scenes were you get to do some super sleuthing. I'd love to see more content like that.

As to the final mission, again it has great potential, flying around in a jet is fun . . . but with all the goons and the lasers it's really hard to target things. Do we really need to add roof top healers into the mix? The biggest problem is that it's impossible to target the healers sometimes because stone simply sets his jet down on top of the roofs and before you know it he's fully healed. Please give stone more hp and get rid of the healers, or simply give him a fixed flight path that he follows so we have a chance to remove the healers before he can get there.
Post edited by guyhumual on

Comments

• kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Somebody on Zone made the suggestion of binding a key to "target ACI Engineer". It works like a charm. I also recommend binding another key to target Franklin Stone after you take out the engineer so you can get right back to blasting him.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    kallethen wrote: »
    Somebody on Zone made the suggestion of binding a key to "target ACI Engineer". It works like a charm. I also recommend binding another key to target Franklin Stone after you take out the engineer so you can get right back to blasting him.
    Good idea, I'll use that if I run the mission again, but it's sad when missions are harder then necessary because of targeting or other gameplay issues. You shouldn't need key binds to complete a mission IMO.

I still mainly like this mission though. I just wish it wasn't so difficult at the end.
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Actually, the engineers always spawn at the exactly same place, so is a matter of remember where they spawn and blast them to kingdom come :B

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • guyhumual wrote: »
    First off, for the most part, I really love this mission. There are a couple of fun fights against the mysterious nighthawk imposters, there's a bit of the old Easter egg hunt for goons that drop clues, and the best part are the new crime scenes were you get to do some super sleuthing. I'd love to see more content like that.

As to the final mission, again it has great potential, flying around in a jet is fun . . . but with all the goons and the lasers it's really hard to target things. Do we really need to add roof top healers into the mix? The biggest problem is that it's impossible to target the healers sometimes because stone simply sets his jet down on top of the roofs and before you know it he's fully healed. Please give stone more hp and get rid of the healers, or simply give him a fixed flight path that he follows so we have a chance to remove the healers before he can get there.

Actually its not that hard to blast Stone to bits if your on a team that knows what to do. That's touch and go as you are randomly placed in a team for the mission. I understand what you are saying because at first I found the healers frustrating. But lately I've ended up on teams where this is what happens...
    • When Stones jet first appears back off while attacking to a relatively safe distance but not out of range. Keep moving because if you don't the laser drones will spawn right on you. Eventually Stone will move to the next location.
    • One or two players, usually without a jet head to the location and kill the healer before Stone arrives (or they kill the healer before he can really heal Stone much)
    • Keep moving so the lasers can't target you.

I was on two teams where this happened yesterday and we killed the jet just as he got to the second location. The cut scene lasted longer than the battle. (it helped that one or two players had their own fully equipped vehicles). As long as someone kills the healer as soon as Stone announces he's retreating its doable. I've even sacrificed myself by suiciding onto the roof to kill him. (Because personally I suck at targeting him and the other mooks fast enough to survive.) There's no big penalty for dying so it was worth it.
    Ah, you do realize my post was made 7 years ago, and the game has changed a lot since then right? This event was originally added to the game to sell vehicles to the player base. There has been significant power creep since then, mrk 1 vehicles for example, and acquiring personal vehicles that you can mod has become much easier. I do still kind of like this event but my main concerns with the Franklin Stone fight at the end now is the unskippable cut scene rather than the actual dog fight.
  • I didn't look at the date as the event is going on right now, so I thought it was recent. I agree about the cutscene.
    I didn't look at the date as the event is going on right now, so I thought it was recent. I agree about the cutscene.

No worries, my OP was made back when this event first went live. As I've said, my opinions have changed a little bit