test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Limited Time Travel Powers in the Questionite Store!

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
From now until 12:00 am Monday the Questionite Store has the following travel powers available!
  • Aethyric Incantation
  • Storm Ride
  • R.A.D. Sphere
  • Overseer Flight

The following Travel Devices are also available:
  • Aethyric Incantation
  • Storm Ride
  • R.A.D. Sphere

These items can be traded unless bound. Devices bind to character while the travel powers are account unlocks.​​

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    Heh! And such a bargain at only 2,000,000 Questionite each!!!! I guess the devs are desperate to reduce those big stacks of Q some folks are sitting on.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Well it was too good to be true
    2,000,000 Q and Limited Time availability? Thanks but No Thanks​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    > @avianos said:
    > Well it was too good to be true
    > 2,000,000 Q and Limited Time availability? Thanks but No Thanks​​

I absolutely agree. Surely this is some kind of "extra 0" error since other powers go for 250,000.

Please... Just STOP with limited time offers.
    Post edited by speanoz on
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    6 million? Lol, is this a joke? >.>
    [NbK]XStorm
  • gemini2099gemini2099 Posts: 118 Arc User
    This sounds interesting. Thanks CO team!
    Gemini - Lvl 4x - Soldier
    Omicron - Lvl 4x - Mind
    Emerald Myst - Lvl 2x - Claws/Fighting Hybrid
    Epsilon - Lvl 2x - Blade
    Asterius - Lvl 1x - Electric/Void Hybrid

edited November 2019
    Yes, very interesting, I do enjoy UNOBTAINABLE CONTENT which (2012 ) ON ALERT UPDATE REMOVED ages ago, brought back for overpriced limited time BS shenanigans for 2 MILLION Q each, instead of staying as permanent content :grimace::grimace::grimace:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • sergeantmahoff1sergeantmahoff1 Posts: 137 Arc User
    Ya'll mad wildin' for this one. Why don't you get the stats to see how many people bought these, I'm curious :joy:
  • retehi#8400 retehi Posts: 32 Arc User
    Is this a Thanksgiving prank?
  • solhusetsolhuset Posts: 40 Arc User
    If CO was a bigger game then every pundit in the world would be slagging this off.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    Presumably they hope that some people will buy zen to exchange for Q, thus pumping some more money into the game and depleting big stocks of Q.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • areeeareee Posts: 817 Arc User
    So 12000 Zen and 4000 Zen. 120$ and 40$.

*hits kaiserin with a ruler* Bad Dev! No cookie for you.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Yeah, I'm not going to partake in this. The Overseer Flight is 6 million questionites, which is about roughly 120 dollars in real life. Not only that but this also being a limited time isn't my cup of tea. I'm willing to pay a little here and there, but this is ridiculous.
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 970 Arc User
    I encourage all of you to not buy any of these
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • mutantmaidsmutantmaids Posts: 118 Arc User
    naciiito wrote: »
    I encourage all of you to not buy any of these

you don't need to encourage us to do that, considering most of us aren't willing to shell out the equivalent of 120 bucks for one whole travel power which is just a "basic" version of a power you can pick up for a fraction of the price.

this is honestly the most out-of-touch-with-reality thing i've seen in the game, by an extremely wide margin. even the initial removal of subs wasn't this bafflingly poorly-thought-out
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    CO is a limited time offer
  • atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Fucking absolutely not.
    spongebob.jpg
    avianos wrote: »
    Yes, very interesting, I do enjoy UNOBTAINABLE CONTENT which (2012 ) ON ALERT UPDATE REMOVED ages ago, brought back for overpriced limited time BS shenanigans for 2 MILLION Q each, instead of staying as permanent content :grimace::grimace::grimace:​​
    Imagine this for a moment... Power Replacers come back. Every one of them. On the drifter store. 500 Salvage each. For a single weekend.
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
    Imagine this for a moment... Power Replacers come back. Every one of them. On the drifter store. 500 Salvage each. For a single weekend.

I expect this to happen eventually, Drifter store is gonna be next in Limited Time Offers, maybe not with Power Replacers but something else... something worse​​
    avianos wrote: »

I expect this to happen eventually, Drifter store is gonna be next in Limited Time Offers, maybe not with Power Replacers but something else... something worse​​

YoU mEaN lIkE tHiS?!
    08.jpg
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png

"Don't call me lizard!"
    edited November 2019
    And then the forums would become Nuclear since a lot of players have been waiting for them 1 and a half year

Reminder that IT'S OK To criticise and be against Anti-Consumer Practices as a player and a Consumer of a MMORPG live service

Really disappointed the Crafted TPs returned like this, Especially how huge part of the Crafting System they were (which ON ALERT killed and gave us the boring Fuse system while removing all rewards)
    I saw on PTS they were tagged as purchasable from Q store... but not like this
    source.gif​​
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    soresolidkodiakbear-size_restricted.gif?w=500&h=281
    giphy.gif

CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    TP_Comparisons.png
    I dunno about you guys, but with maybe an exception to Storm Rider, the TPs we already have look superior in all ways. (These are all on rank 3 BTW)
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png

"Don't call me lizard!"
    I legit wanted Storm Rider because Electro Flight's visuals are pitiful and a downgrade (something which was pointed out in 2012 by other members)

At least I own the R.A.D Sphere as Legacy Travel Power, even if I don't have the Device anymore (deleted with the character who crafted it)​​
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    I strongly support a hard Q Sink. Zen is dead because there's too much Q but very little Zen.

I don't support crap doodoo limited time items that look like feces to be said Q sink.

Make it the Weapons Out devices.

Heck, make it the Personal Magnifiers devices.

And don't make it limited.​​
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Limited time items.... the latest lowest common denominator "idea" from Cryptic :/
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • lamina781lamina781 Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    This little few days crap has screwed up the flight animation on my rank 1 storm rider ctp by changing it to the crappy 1leg lifted flight. Please fix it to back what is was and the reason I made and kept it for so long.
    Post edited by lamina781 on
  • sergeantmahoff1sergeantmahoff1 Posts: 137 Arc User
    I can't wait for all these negative comments to be completely ignored. Whew lad.

Just because you can't make the Z store into a rotating shop doesn't mean people are going to just think this is a great idea. Nobody likes rotating stores in other games, and you're already doing the 'pay for convenience, because we already scuffed a system so you'd suffer if you didn't' bit with mods. These business choices aren't going to get anywhere. Stuff like this is considered incredibly scummy.

For example; no one who started from 0 will be able to get any of these. Heck, you wouldn't be able to get these from farming for the weekend unless you literally no lifed the game on several alts. You can only get 16k a day per character. So lets say someone's dumb enough to try and get them all starting from 0. 16k a day would mean within 3 days 48,000 questionite would be made per character. So to reach 6,000,000 questionite in 3 days, one would need to get 48,000 questionite on one hundred and twenty-five characters.

Even if anyone had the mental fortitude to do the same thing over and over again for that long, correct me if I'm wrong (because I can't remember) but isn't the current character limit below 100? In otherwords, starting from zero (and I'm guessing up to about 5,000,000) its virtually impossible to get them all.

So on one hand, you're excluding people who don't throw money at you because they're just low on questionite at the wrong time, and on the other hand, you're excluding people who don't throw money at you and can't. you may as well just throw these on the zen store for Christ's sake. Or just don't do it at all since literally no one is going to be getting these.

Other games not only make these kinds of items tradeable, they also give a lot, and I mean A LOT more time to earn these things. They also usually don't try to make them pay real money for them.

Good will isn't a hard concept to understand. Right now, there isn't any at all.
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    @kaiserin#0958

So, we're just gonna' go along with this, then?

The public outcry seems pretty clear. It's not as deafening as the usual Cryptic/PWE silence is, though.

Surely this was an "extra zero added" error. Surely.... There's no way this was intentional, right? :/

What happened to the time when travel powers with simple aesthetic variations were given freely to those with the original travel power?
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    This is worryingly predatory pricing. Limited time offer for a price that is one-third the price of the ACTUAL GAME in its most expensive form. Please, Kaiserin, can you address why this is being done? This feels very dirty, in the form of exclusive content for what are old cosmetics that were once available for free.

Please explain the need for these and allow for some clarity among the community.
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    Hey um, love you guys and all but... what exactly were you thinking with this?

Limited time offer would've already put a lot of people off, but also this price is beyond ridiculous. 250k Questionite would've already been plenty enough for some people to possibly consider picking these, which are pretty much the same travel powers that already are in there for 250k Q.

It would be nice to also remove the requirement to own Stoic Flight/Scorching Slide in the first place to get the 500 Drifter salvage device of those. Why would anyone waste 500 drifter salvage to get a Bind on Equip device for a travel power they already own?

Take care.
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Eesh. I fully support ways to bring the Questionite Exchange back down, but... these are priced high enough to stop more than a couple people from even thinking of picking these up. 500-750k, maaaybe.

It's a shame, I actually would like RAD Sphere since it's a more subtle visual than the Hamster Roll, but... yeah.
  • breaditebreadite Posts: 18 Arc User
    "Some people bought the 10 dollar key pack that was a limited time so clearly they'll pay 12 times the amount for a single travel power."
  • dragonfist8dragonfist8 Posts: 82 Arc User
    Sometimes, I like to run around in rencen and play "the ground is lava". I jump around and avoid touching the ground at all, because you know....it's lava and lava kind of hurts a bit. I figured I'd just bring that up, because reasons

• siphak#6884 siphak Posts: 5 Arc User
    8fUm3fK.jpg
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    2znmx8.jpg
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    "I hear you guys love limited time offers"

Here's another starting tomorrow...

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11306983-the-tenacious-key-pack!
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    Oh nice... I can... wait a second... I already have that as an account unlock... guess I could grab a few and sell them... gods that feels so wrong.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    mordray001 wrote: »
    Oh nice... I can... wait a second... I already have that as an account unlock... guess I could grab a few and sell them... gods that feels so wrong.
    How does one get that as an account unlock? :o
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    It was part of the Best Buy preorder.

• mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    aesica wrote: »
    mordray001 wrote: »
    How does one get that as an account unlock? :o
    Not sure where my brother found it but he got me a preorder box for a present one year... had to go through the support system to get it set on the account. Now all of my characters can get one via the bonus tab.
    "I hear you guys love limited time offers"

Here's another starting tomorrow...

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11306983-the-tenacious-key-pack!

Bruh Sound Effect #2
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png

"Don't call me lizard!"
  • whatdakrakwhatdakrak Posts: 47 Arc User
    Dear Devs,
    Please start proof reading your copy pasting before sending them out to the world.
    The Tenacious Key Pack news post has a link to the STO forums and the tool tip for Fear Consumption states "You can gain a stack of Daunting once every 4 seconds."
    These are just the latest examples of simple mistakes made when you rush through things without giving it a second pass to check for accuracy.
    Thanks for all the work you do,
    -random guy on the internet
    whatdakrak wrote: »
    Dear Devs,
    Please start proof reading your copy pasting before sending them out to the world.

It becomes much more understandable when you see the guy who posts the majority of these recent News updates works on STO itself, not CO. And it's only one guy and happens to make a lot of typos. He's become much of a meme on the CO Discord because of that.
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png

"Don't call me lizard!"
  • 6 million? Limited time? No.