test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 11/21/2019

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
Nighthawk
For the next 2 weeks the Nighthawk event will be running!
  • Added Mecha Dragonfly Wings to the event store.

Lockbox
Starting Friday at 10am PST the Brutal Lockbox will be available!
The following new items can be found in the lockbox:

Bouldero Sidekick
An Earth themed sidekick. Is sturdier than most sidekicks and has an innate taunt to his attacks.

Power Weapon Costume Transformation
Draws out a Heavy Weapon or Single Blade Weapon. Can be customized in the tailor.

Weapon Dance Costume Transformation
Draws out a Heavy Weapon or Single Blade Weapon. Can be customized in the tailor.

Devour Emote
Yum!

Earthquake Power Unlock
Summons an Earthquake at a targeted location that causes foes to lose their footing and can boost other Earth powers.

Brutal Costume Box
  • Brutal Hair 1
  • Brutal Hair 2
  • Brutal Hair 3
  • Brutal Gemstone
  • Brutal Beard 1
  • Brutal Beard 2
  • Brutal Chest Wrap
  • Brutal Chest Belts
  • Brutal Bone Shoulders
  • Brutal Fur Shoulders
  • Brutal Spiked Bracers
  • Brutal Bone Bracers
  • Brutal Armored Belt
  • Brutal Fur Belt
  • Brutal Skull Accessory
  • Brutal Leather Armor
  • Brutal Bone Leg Armor
  • Brutal Fur Guards
  • Brutal Sandals

ZEN Store
Starting Friday at 10am PST two new Key Packs will be available!

Hyper Core Key Pack 1800 ZEN
  • 20x Keys
  • Core Armor Costume
  • Hyperconvection Field Generator Device
  • 25x Gravitar’s Influence mods. Boosts Force damage.
  • 3x Triumphant Recovery
  • 10x Healing Device Plus
  • 10x Energy Surge Plus

Mecha Claw Key Pack 900 ZEN
Available for 24 Hours
  • 10x Keys
  • Mecha Claw Costume

Powers
New Power: Earthquake
  • Earth Ultimate
  • Can be obtained from the Brutal Lockbox
  • Creates a Earthquake at a targeted location. Deals periodic crushing damage and knocks up targets. Heavily snares targets affected by Stagger and increases the effectiveness of Stone Shroud by a percentage while standing in it.
  • Advantage (1): Changes the Fissue power to pure fire damage and greatly increases the damage it deals while Earthquake is active.
  • Advantage (2): Removes travel powers.

New Power: Harbinger
  • Darkness Support Passive
  • Increases your healing by a small amount.
  • Increases your damage by a small amount
  • Absorbs incoming damage by a small amount.
  • Grants energy when struck by Dimensional attacks.
  • Whenever you use a Life Drain ability, applies a stacking buff that increases the potency of the heal and damage of Life Drain abilities, as well as increasing your damage resistance.

New Power: Fear Consumption
  • Darkness Support Toggle
  • Boosts healing, scales off of Recovery.
  • Triggers off of Mental States.

New Power: Dark Pact
  • Player Resurrection Power
  • Advantage (2): Increases radius of power.

Ebon Rift
  • New Advantage (2): Heals nearby players on initial impact.

Summon Shadows
  • Added additional costumes.

Fractal Aegis
  • This power now scales with rank.
  • Added knock resistance effect.
  • Updated tooltip to clearly state what bonuses each enemy rank gives.
  • Fixed a bug where this power did not have sound.
  • Updated visuals.

Compassion
  • Updated tooltip.

Archetypes
Added The Tenebrous as a new free archetype.

The Tenebrous
Sentry - Sentinel
Presence-Recovery-Dexterity
  • 1 Shadow Bolt
  • 1 Shadow Blast
  • 6 Shadow Embrace
  • 8 Harbinger
  • 11 Lifedrain
  • 14 Fear Consumption
  • 17 Soul Vortex OR Ebon Rift
  • 21 Ebon Void
  • 25 Spirit Reverberation
  • 30 Grasping Shadows OR Summon Shadows
  • 35 Resurgence
  • 40 Dark Pact
​​

Comments

• nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Why is the box delayed? oO
    [NbK]XStorm
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    373fpu.jpg

I'm guessing the lockbox will be delayed for last minute changes.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    Weird that the lockbox is not hold back for Christmas period
    The theme didn't stop them before​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I think they're aiming for the Black Friday market, but that doesn't answer why it's delayed for today. Oh well. Shame too, the stuff in there is really worth shelling out cash for.

Actually a little concerned about that second key pack. I wouldn't mind it if it wasn't only available for 24 hours. That's pretty limited. The
    20 key packs are nice because the goodies usually go on sale pretty cheap in the AH, but with only 24 hours availability, that could really dampen the supply.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    All will be revealed in time.​​

Wonder if it's a collab with Neverwinter...
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    373fpu.jpg

I'm guessing the lockbox will be delayed for last minute changes.

I recently noticed that the PGMs are in both in the Backlogged Items category, and Upcoming Items category u3u
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    Gotta say I don't see the point to this: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11306813-mecha-claw-keypack!

"Having trouble grasping things, Champions? Feeling like you just don't have enough hands? The Mecha Claw Keypack has you covered. Starting tomorrow, November 22 at 10am PST and running for 24 hours in the Zen Store, The Mecha Claw Keypack grants you the arms you need for all of your science experiments and arachnid crushing, and also contains ten Keys to help you get hands on more items! Look for it tomorrow in the Zen Store!"

Having a key pack only available for 24 hours, with barely any notice, is going to really PO players who only log in for limited amounts of time (like maybe just the weekend). Why go out of your way to potentially offend part of the player base?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    24 hours timeframe?...
    Like WTF....
    Good thing, you can buy the Claw from AH...?.. And i bet the price will be.....BRUTAL!!!
    :#
    Maybe next Keypack Costume Piece will have a tinybit chance to drop....
    :#:#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    I'm half expecting it to be a 1% drop chance for a random costume based on the time you bought the keypack...
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    0K3O1S8.png
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Gotta say I don't see the point to this: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11306813-mecha-claw-keypack!

"Having trouble grasping things, Champions? Feeling like you just don't have enough hands? The Mecha Claw Keypack has you covered. Starting tomorrow, November 22 at 10am PST and running for 24 hours in the Zen Store, The Mecha Claw Keypack grants you the arms you need for all of your science experiments and arachnid crushing, and also contains ten Keys to help you get hands on more items! Look for it tomorrow in the Zen Store!"

Having a key pack only available for 24 hours, with barely any notice, is going to really PO players who only log in for limited amounts of time (like maybe just the weekend). Why go out of your way to potentially offend part of the player base?

C-C-CASH GRAB
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    Like a few others have presented already, I am greatly concerned with the precedence this "limited time key pack" offer establishes.
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User

*squint*

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 149 Arc User
    blumoon8 wrote: »

*squint*

My friend who went to the test server said that the Defender Training Program thing is up there, or something, so my prediction is that the Mecha Claw part will be part of the reward for doing the 1-40 sprint in a week, but they're offering a one-day chance to get it and skip the grind, heh.

On the other hand though, feels way too soon for another Defender Week.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Nighthawk
    Lockbox
    ZEN Store
    Powers
    Archetypes
    ​​

Kind of odd you went with different colors for these texts.
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I recently noticed that the PGMs are in both in the Backlogged Items category, and Upcoming Items category u3u
    They have been like that for months now​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    qawsada wrote: »
    Nighthawk
    Lockbox
    ZEN Store
    Powers
    Archetypes
    ​​

Kind of odd you went with different colors for these texts.

I went to Spiral to see if there was anything added. Nothing seems out of the ordinary, but those colors are similar to the carnivals booths there. And was there always a Carney at the Blue Fun Booth?
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    It's Cazulon, no question about that now. Activating him is another story, though. I've tried everything, and had no success.
    [NbK]XStorm
    edited November 2019
    avianos wrote: »
    They have been like that for months now​​

Yes but I only noticed it recently ^_^
  • nyghtshroude#9048 nyghtshroude Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    speanoz wrote: »
    Like a few others have presented already, I am greatly concerned with the precedence this "limited time key pack" offer establishes.
    The juice isn't worth the squeeze. 1800 Zen (almost enough for a level 30 power up pack, most vehicles, or a Loyal Sidekick) for what essentially is more tokens for the slot machine. 20 keys will eat up fast. 900 Zen for 10 keys and one costume piece seems like a deal. 100 Zen normally for a key and this adds in a costume piece. I mean if you have plenty of money to throw at the game, go for it.

For casual players the game is becoming far too expensive for what we are given. And before you come at me, I have played and supported the game for years. I've bought Zen many times. You're better off getting the resource upgrade from the Premium Pack and buying the pieces and powers you want from the Auction House.

We're the consumer. We can direct the flow of the game. If it was my game I would sit down with the players and breakdown how things work and give them basic price estimate for labor on their requests. From there, we would all decide what direction to take.
  • flyingfinn wrote: »
    24 hours timeframe?...
    Like WTF....
    Good thing, you can buy the Claw from AH...?.. And i bet the price will be.....BRUTAL!!!

Giving players the chance to earn costume pieces will make them play the game and give less wealthy players a chance to get the new stuff. I don't mind grinding 300 tokens for a costume piece.
  • All will be revealed in time.​​

Wonder if it's a collab with Neverwinter...

Calling it now, there's going to be a Warlock class. Called "The Heretic", it's a red coloured Satanic themed magic archetype.
    Yes but I only noticed it recently ^_^
    . . . well played vQTD03D.png​​
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    kaiserin wrote:
    Brutal Costume Box​​

I mean zero offense (the set was obviously well-made and looks great), but I just feel like I’ve seen this before and it’s the same stuff over and over. Bulky, ill-fitting, unflattering pieces layered over one another. And the themes - while I believe there’s a place for everything in CO, as we’re a quite diverse bunch, it’s just (IMO) a questionable aesthetic on repeat without much sense or direction. I mean, we’re still short of relatively basic pieces that are common to the genre, but we have Fruit Bat hair and Krampus Returns to Magic Mountain. The exact same-shaped Foot Accessories, bracers and wacky hairstyles. And it goes on and on…

With superheroes at their most popular and other MMOs around, I really do think it’s time to go back to basics. MOAR Tights (and Tights & Skin, Masks, Gloves, Capes, Footwear, hairstyles, emblems…); 90’s, Bronze, Silver, Golden Age, Modern – there’s still so much to explore. New patterns for old meshes, wider material dissemination, a new spin on launch & early hairstyles… got a great chest piece w/ a round design – let’s see it in a V-shape, or another variation. All that good (in comparison, perhaps more regular or traditional) superhero stuff.

Again, this isn’t a dig at the Brutal costume set or the Devs – in fact, I think you guys are killing it lately. But while I try to keep feedback positive and sort of pick my battles (and to no avail, too, looking at Telekinesis and TK Maelstrom’s FX changes semi-recently), the truth is I’ve not been excited about a costume set in ages and feel a bit alienated as a player. And that kinda sucks. /rant
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    24 hours timeframe?...
    Like WTF....

Giving players the chance to earn costume pieces will make them play the game and give less wealthy players a chance to get the new stuff. I don't mind grinding 300 tokens for a costume piece.

Whaaa???
    Of course if everyone took this approach there would be nothing in the AH.
    For casual players the game is becoming far too expensive for what we are given. And before you come at me, I have played and supported the game for years. I've bought Zen many times. You're better off getting the resource upgrade from the Premium Pack and buying the pieces and powers you want from the Auction House.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • championsrperchampionsrper Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    So while I absolutely love the Weapon Dance Transformations, right now they use whatever weapon skin your current outfit is using, not the weapon skin of whatever outfit you're changing to, and this seems wrong to me. When you change outfits, you change weapon skins as well, so why am I stuck using my old weapon skin when I'm changing into the new one? If you're using the same skin its fine, but if you're not it just doesn't work at all.

Being a mime, I use the imaginary weapon skins a lot of the time, and I'd love to swap into my Foxbat costume by doing a dance while wielding my Foxbat Trout, but instead I'm swinging around absolutely nothing. Then if I wanted to change to my knight outfit, instead of pulling out my magical excalibur-esque Broadsword to summon the powers of He-Man, NOPE, now its time to dance and pose in my knight armor with a fish.

Can we fix this?
    edited November 2019
    Just don't buy it. Problem solved.
    I spent money on waffles instead.
    So while I absolutely love the Weapon Dance Transformations, right now they use whatever weapon skin your current outfit is using, not the weapon skin of whatever outfit you're changing to, and this seems wrong to me. When you change outfits, you change weapon skins as well, so why am I stuck using my old weapon skin when I'm changing into the new one? If you're using the same skin its fine, but if you're not it just doesn't work at all.

Being a mime, I use the imaginary weapon skins a lot of the time, and I'd love to swap into my Foxbat costume by doing a dance while wielding my Foxbat Trout, but instead I'm swinging around absolutely nothing. Then if I wanted to change to my knight outfit, instead of pulling out my magical excalibur-esque Broadsword to summon the powers of He-Man, NOPE, now its time to dance and pose in my knight armor with a fish.

Can we fix this?

They can't.
    Which is why it's not so usefull.

You made the right choice!
    TFW I bought Mecha Claw Costume from AH for only 33 Gs
    729.gif​​
    My friend who went to the test server said that the Defender Training Program thing is up there, or something, so my prediction is that the Mecha Claw part will be part of the reward for doing the 1-40 sprint in a week, but they're offering a one-day chance to get it and skip the grind, heh.

On the other hand though, feels way too soon for another Defender Week.
    There is NO Defender Training Program event in PTS​​
  • leuchadegoutiereleuchadegoutiere Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Bug
    Monster Island, Echinochos shores
    For some reason, Earthquake is sometime unable to be used on Warrior and Megadrille in Monster island. Neither you can on Ape. I guess it can happen on other ennemies and different places too. I think it's related to terrain collision ?

Link : Look at the power tray, slot 3
    @Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    TFW I bought Mecha Claw Costume from AH for only 33 Gs​​
    I hate you right now... 800g... minimal last I checked... all because I couldn't log in... gotta love the FU these limited time specials are. They rank right up there with the dev costume contests being run only during times when I'm usually otherwise detained.

The issue is that I want to feel like spending money on CO is worth it.

But limited time offers and lootboxes push me away from that.
    Since I want to keep playing CO investing money in it is the best choice for me. It's far and away my cheapest form of entertainment on a cost/time valuation. Much cheaper than my streaming costs.
    JwLmWoa.png

The issue is that I want to feel like spending money on CO is worth it.

But limited time offers and lootboxes push me away from that.

That.... seems like an odd statement to make. Can you elaborate on what you mean when you say you want it to feel like it's worth spending money? Do you mean as in, you want to feel like the money you spent has an effect on the game's development, or you want to feel like you got something of value, or...?
    edited November 2019
    y777yvs5ynm0.png​​

wait a second... why did Kaiserin's armpits have stink clouds on them?
    edited November 2019
    wait a second... why did Kaiserin's armpits have stink clouds on them?
    CONTEXT IS IMPORTANT, They are Clouds VFX since its parody of the Pokemon gigantamax (the latest pokemon Gimmick which they will SCRAP on the next entry as always)
    ed6.png

Fun Facts: Those clouds are parts of each Giga Pokemon's 3D models
    ALSO THEY EXPLODE

997.gif​​
    why pikachu got the stink brain?
    Years of not evolving into Raichu does that​​