test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20191113.2 - Tenebrous Archetype

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
edited November 2019 in PTS - The Archive
Lockbox
  • Added Power Weapon Transform, Weapon Dance Transform, Earthquake power unlock, Devour emote and Bouldero sidekick to the lockbox store.

Nighthawk
  • Added Mecha Dragonfly Wings and Shield 2 costumes to the event store.

Misc
  • Added Gravitar's Influence and Earth Power mods to the debugger store.
  • Added Inborn Tenacity and Hyperconvection Field Generator devices to the debugger store.
  • Added Mecha Claw and Armor Core costumes to the debugger store.

Powers
New Power: Earthquake
  • Earth Ultimate
  • Can be obtained from the Brutal Lockbox
  • Creates a Earthquake at a targeted location. Deals periodic crushing damage and knocks up targets. Heavily snares targets affected by Stagger and increases the effectiveness of Stone Shroud by a percentage while standing in it.
  • Advantage (1): Changes the Fissue power to pure fire damage and greatly increases the damage it deals while Earthquake is active.
  • Advantage (2): Removes travel powers.

New Power: Harbinger
  • Darkness Support Passive
  • Increases your healing by a small amount.
  • Increases your damage by a small amount
  • Absorbs incoming damage by a small amount.
  • Grants energy when struck by Dimensional attacks.
  • Whenever you use a Lifedrain ability, applies a stacking buff that increases the potency of the heal and damage of lifedrain abilities, as well as increasesing your damage resistance.

New Power: Fear Consumption
  • Darkness Support Toggle
  • Boosts healing, scales off of Recovery.
  • Triggers off of Mental States.

New Power: Dark Pact
  • Player Resurrection Power
  • Advantage (2): Increases radius of power.

Ebon Rift
  • New Advantage (2): Heals nearby players. Known Issue: This advantage is healing every tic, it should only heal once.

Summon Shadows
  • Added additional costumes.

Fractal Aegis
  • This power now scales with rank.
  • Added knock resistance effect.
  • Updated tooltip to clearly state what bonuses each enemy rank gives.
  • Fixed a bug where this power did not have sound.
  • Updated visuals.

Hyperconvection Field Generator Device
  • Updated tooltip.
  • Added Plasma Burn effect to this device.

Archetypes
Added Tenebrous as a new free archetype.

The Tenebrous
Sentry - Sentinel
Pre-Rec-Dex
  • 1 Shadow Bolt
  • 1 Shadow Blast
  • 6 Shadow Embrace
  • 8 Harbinger
  • 11 Lifedrain
  • 14 Fear Consumption
  • 17 Soul Vortex OR Ebon Rift
  • 21 Ebon Void
  • 25 Spirit Reverberation
  • 30 Grasping Shadows OR Summon Shadows
  • 35 Resurgence
  • 40 Dark Pact
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    I’m curious about these costume and emote, forum people, rally!
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    qKyjgmL.jpg
    RspYFMr.jpg
    And that nice of you giving away a free support AT.
    Thanks! That’s all awesome
  • Great, a new shield to wear but not use because there aren't any shield powers in CO..
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Bug(?):
    Earthquake
    Tooltip says it summons at your location. But instead the epicenter is on the Primary Target.

Also, kinda happy that it's not a jump stomp but since this cannot crit, I'll probably just ignore it like Meteor Blaze. But Thanks for the hardwork on it!
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    The new shadow skins
    6klLneg.jpg
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    It's nice to see a new AT which really uses the Life Drain effects. I also have a suggestion for it:
    Suggestion
    Could you give it a choice at level 25 between Spirit Reverberation and Dark Transfusion please?

Also the Patch notes from here mention the Tenebrous having Dex as a secondary super stat when in the PTS it has Pre-Rec-Ego, is this intended?
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    I guess we are NOT getting Another Revamp this year, just additions​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • With those Mecha Claws you can basically make a psychic vampire type if you change them to psionic or shadow. Also, Doctor Octopus is now possible.
  • meneshmenesh Posts: 54 Arc User
    Nice. Good to see Tenacity and HFC devices returning.
    New costume pieces looking good, though I wished the dragonfly wings wouldn't float in empty space like that and actually be connected to the back piece.
  • I liked the new abilities on the archetype. With my modifications, I know I can create a great character from it when it's available.
    edited November 2019
    I give you that, Earthquake is pretty good (and chaotic) fire and forget ultimate, I'm disappointed this wasn't an earth revamp
    IpPJWwt.gif​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    I guess we are NOT getting Another Revamp this year, just additions​​

told ya so u3u
    edited November 2019
    Ebon Rift
    New Advantage (2): Heals nearby players. Known Issue: This advantage is healing every tic, it should only heal once.
    It was also given a FIRE PATCH Adv which i never noticed, neat

The base power is still aweful with the Cooldown, NOT so neat

Why would you take this power on a healer, to heal ONLY 1 Tick of HP and then deal with the long CD of the power? Really counterproductive option

Right now in PTS it heals every 1 second, but I assume this is a BUG since the description doesnt state it​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    I'd like to sincerely thank the dev team for fixing Fractal Aegis. It was really disheartening to see its issues ignored for so long. It means a lot to see it finally get some attention. Much appreciated! c:

Also, very cool changes! Can't wait to see them go live.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Ebon Rift
    New Advantage (2): Heals nearby players. Known Issue: This advantage is healing every tic, it should only heal once.
    It was also given a FIRE PATCH Adv, neat

The base power is still aweful with the Colldown, NOT so neat

Why would you take this power on a healer, to heal ONLY 1 Tick of HP and then deal with the long CD of the power? Really counterproductive option

Right now in PTS it heals every 1 second, but I assume this is a BUG since the description doesnt state it​​

It's had that fire patch adv for months o3o

I also agree that it seems odd to have a heal like this on a power with a 16 second cooldown. If it's a really strong heal then it'll make sense, but from the numbers that Avi showed me in game just now it doesn't seem very powerful.
    edited November 2019
    "its issues ignored for so long" yeah since 2015, 4 Years
    At least now you can see the visuals since they got updated to not only appear on a split of a second
    CX99smk.gif

Not mentioned in the PTS notes
    Shadow Embrace was given a self healing ADV, Draining Shadow, that heals you for the amount of targets it hits
    Darkness Support Passive
    Increases your healing by a small amount.
    Increases your damage by a small amount
    Absorbs incoming damage by a small amount.
    Grants energy when struck by Dimensional attacks.
    Whenever you use a Lifedrain ability, applies a stacking buff that increases the potency of the heal and damage of lifedrain abilities, as well as increasesing your damage resistance.

BUG: The following powers which are Tagged as "Lifedrain", don't trigger Harbinger's Siphonic Aura
    • Ebon Rift + Endless Void ADV
    • Summon Shadows + Devouring Darkness ADV
    • Grasping Shadows + Consumption ADV

Ebon Void's innate effect, Shadow Embrace + Draining Shadow, Shadow Blast + Back to the Darkness ADV, Lifedrain, Life Essense, Devour Essence and Mind drain are the only powers that trigger Harbinger's Siphonic Aura

If I have missed any, please fill me in​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • avianos wrote: »
    "its issues ignored for so long" yeah since 2015, 4 Years
    At least now you can see the visuals since they got updated to not only appear on a split of a second
    CX99smk.gif

Shadow Embrace was given a self healing ADV, Draining Shadow, that heals you for the amount of targets it hits
    Darkness Support Passive
    Increases your healing by a small amount.
    Increases your damage by a small amount
    Absorbs incoming damage by a small amount.
    Grants energy when struck by Dimensional attacks.
    Whenever you use a Lifedrain ability, applies a stacking buff that increases the potency of the heal and damage of lifedrain abilities, as well as increasesing your damage resistance.

BUG: The following powers which are Tagged as "Lifedrain", don't trigger Harbinger's Siphonic Aura
    • Ebon Rift + Endless Void ADV
    • Summon Shadows + Devouring Darkness ADV
    • Grasping Shadows + Consumption ADV

Ebon Void's innate effect, Shadow Embrace + Draining Shadow, Shadow Blast + Back to the Darkness ADV, Lifedrain, Life Essense and Mind drains are the only powers that trigger Harbinger's Siphonic Aura

If I have missed any, please fill me in​​

Yeah, some life drain effects aren't covered yet. Devour Essence, Life Essence, etc. For a character to work as a health drainer you need to include the other powers to trigger Harbinger
    edited November 2019
    And now for an Aesthetic feedback
    Currently Dark Impact is using Redemption's (Celestial) angelic choir sound effect when you full charge the resurrection, that doesn't fit at all, It's obviously just a clone power
    The sound effect fits on Rise from the Ashes, but not in a Darkness power

Suggestion: Give Dark Impact the sound effect from Divine Renewal (Sorcery), the sound fits better for the Darkness theme and sounds more menacing that Redemption's angelic choir​​
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer

I think you missed the Darkness update a while back, that's been available for a bit.​​
    edited November 2019
    I think you missed the Darkness update a while back, that's been available for a bit.
    WELL THEN, I actually did, sorry for that
    I guess the Darkness update was so forgettable to me, I complety forgot
    Don't mind me, I'm in a Rush ¯\_(ツ)_/¯​​
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
    I guess the Darkness update was so forgettable to me, I complety forgot

CheapFeistyIndianspinyloach-max-1mb.gif​​
    edited November 2019
    OH MY DARKNESS onion-61.gif
    New Power: Earthquake
    Earth Ultimate
    Advantage (1): Changes the Fissue power to pure fire damage and greatly increases the damage it deals while Earthquake is active.
    BUG: Earthquake's Molten Core ADV doesn't always work, Fissure's damage can stays the same while keeping the Dual-damage type and no fire damage increase

Tested it with rank 3 Fissure, with both Earthform and Nightwarrior it case the passive had something to do with it
    bn2wKT9.png

I only managed to get the ADV to work successfully once so far
    1jaL0CH.png
    ​​
    edited November 2019
    Added Power Weapon Transform, Weapon Dance Transform,
    They are pretty neat, really loving the MA Blade Runes 👀
    xmAHoYq.gif
    eqX73FP.gif​​
  • avianos wrote: »
    Added Power Weapon Transform, Weapon Dance Transform,
    They are pretty neat, really loving the MA Blade Runes 👀
    xmAHoYq.gif
    eqX73FP.gif​​

Almost He-Man vibes..... we are the power now.
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    I'm loving all of these changes and additions! I must have the new Mecha Dragonfly wings!! One nitpick is the Inborn Tenacity device description mismatch. Part of the description says the 5% damage resistance is for Physical damage only and the other doesn't specify a damage type which seems to suggest it's a universal 5% damage resistance. I'm guessing it's the former.
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    I did some quick testing about other powers/advantages that should trigger Siphoning Aura from Harbinger. Here's what I've found:
    -Devour Essence works fine
    -Life Essence works too
    -Shade Storm with Void Feast works too
    -Thrash works too (works only when healing you using the power on a target with any number of Bleeds or Deep Wound, if your target doesn't have any of these debuffs Siphoning Aura wont trigger.

But...
    Bug
    Bite's Consumption Heal Over Time
    Doesn't trigger Harbinger's Siphoning Aura when rupturing bleeds.

Bug
    Grasping Shadows' Consumption Advantage
    When this power is enhanced with this effect the heal provided doesn't trigger Siphoning Aura.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
    Finally got a chance to hop on and test the new stuff. Love the new stuff, but I have a couple thoughts on Earthquake.

Firstly, I was a bit surprised that the fire advantage on the new ult changes the damage type, but doesn't make it look any different. I expected some sick lava eruption action like fissure.
    Suggestion: Please consider adding fire/lava effects to the Earthquake Molten Core Advantage, something akin to Fissure.

Secondly, and this is more general. Given the new Earth energy unlock and now the new ult having stagger synergy, it looks like stagger is going to remain a mainstay of the Earth set. While we wait for a full earth rework, would it be possible to get some adjustments to stagger to make it easier to stack and maintain? It seems egregiously difficult at times compared to other sets. Even just extending the time on it to 15 seconds to match some other stackable debuffs would help tremendously. That, or adding some sort of refresh in there. Anything in the near future would be nice to hold us over until a full-on rework.

Otherwise, great new stuff. Love to see it! c:
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Hello my fellow nerds from nerdforumland! Can one of you confirm whether Earthquake properly renders when using it against Cosmic enemies or if it's animation is disabled like all other earth powers? Sincerely, Little girl.​​
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    I thionk you all are missing that "Brutal Lockbox" is coming which means more costumes and such, wonder what is going to be in it. Already going to have a earth brute tank thing of rock, and an earth quake ultimate so wonder
    Heard it’s a barbarian set
  • atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    Heard it’s a barbarian set
    unknown.png
    You mean this?

@atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    AHHHHH!! Love the new support passive (and other additional changes)! It should work with Mind Drain, yes?

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
    blumoon8 wrote: »
    AHHHHH!! Love the new support passive (and other additional changes)! It should work with Mind Drain, yes?

If you have read my report, yes it does, so does with life essence​​
    Whoever you have held at gunpoint to make these absolutely amazing costume pieces needs a raise like yesterday.

Seriously though, the costume work on just about everything lately has been absolutely phenomenal. Full stop. :P
    edited November 2019
    Well the costume set is in PTS now, and since it's obviously all going live

Really loving the fact that the chest piece has attachement so you can combine the upper part with the belts!
    This is a exactly what i wanted for a new characteronion-51.gif​​
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    blumoon8 wrote: »

If you have read my report, yes it does, so does with life essence​​

Thank you for the verification!

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
This discussion has been closed.