test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Free Archetypes/Characters Locked Out

I have been a gold member for a few years. I come to play Champions off and on with an automatic subscription renewal but recently my payment information expired and now all of my characters are locked out. I understand this happened because a payment lapsed and I lost my gold membership.

A lot of my characters were free archetypes and they are also locked out now. This is probably due to them having costumes that were provided through the gold membership, but now I can't log onto them. Even if this is accurate and it is due to them using costumes I no longer own, I wouldn't know which costume sets to buy so that I can play these characters. I purchased some costumes and other zen store purchases as recently as yesterday.

Is there anyway I can unlock my free to play archetypes?

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    You have to convert gold characters to silver characters even if they're the same archetype, at which point you'll be limited to archetypes you actually have unlocked. You won't be locked out due to bad costume files, at worst you'll be genericed, and there should be a pack that is cost 0 if you were ever subscribed that gives them back (premium pack I think).
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Characters locked cause of costumes? Never heard that one before. Now I might be imagining things but I seem to remember that there's a thing where a toon is flagged as a sub character even if it's an AT, and the way to fix that is to retrain them, which is free? I dunno, I'm sure someone will be along shortly to clear that up. There should be a way to fix the issue with the free AT toons that's free, pretty sure of that at least.
  • subjustsubjust Posts: 48 Arc User
    You have to convert gold characters to silver characters even if they're the same archetype, at which point you'll be limited to archetypes you actually have unlocked. You won't be locked out due to bad costume files, at worst you'll be genericed, and there should be a pack that is cost 0 if you were ever subscribed that gives them back (premium pack I think).

This solved it! I just had to convert from gold to silver and pick the same archetype. Thank you for the quick reply!

• kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    pantagruel01 speaks true. You'll need to convert the characters. You can either convert to any AT you have unlocked or if you have an unused Freeform slot you can convert to a Freeform (which will claim that Freeform slot and open up a regular AT slot in it's place).​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!