test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Price of Freeform slot

I have not played in ages, and was an old lifetime sub. I came back and realized I must have cancelled my sub at one point. The price for just one freeform slot is just a blatant rip off. I am interested in playing again, but without a freeform slot it seems more or less pointless. I would love to get back into this game again, but the price is just too high ;(
I would even start paying a monthly sub if it gave me access to freeform slots, the lifetime sub option is also just far too high. I miss playing this game.

Comments

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Well, what you are really thinking about is how much you intend to play the game going forward and how much that is worth to you. You see that 3 slots go for $60, which was 4 months of the old subscription cost. If you only plan on using 3 characters and you are thinking of playing for at least 4 months, then you break even. If you are only thinking of playing a few days for a week and then leaving again, then it is not such a good deal.

Some players are famous for farming Questionite, exchanging it for Zen and then buying FF slots for free. You could do that on free archetypes. It will take a while, but it comes down to how cheap you are and how much time you want to invest in farming.

There are times, like around the approaching holidays, when FF slots and Zen both go on sale. You could keep checking in for such deals. Maybe the combo of the 2 types of sale will bring the price to within your budget.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    volkarma77volkarma77 Posts: 2 Arc User
    My budget is not the issue, its just annoying to have to pay for something agn. I am still kicking myself for ending my life sub a few years back. However, I think I will just wait for the xmas period to see if there will be any reductions. I wont be playing this game a lot, but it will be nice just to dip in for short visits.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    It sounds like you didn't actually have a life sub, but a reoccurring monthly subscription? If you actually had a Life Time Subscription (list value $300) you would be able to log on right now and play all your characters.

For people who had a ton of characters Cryptic's removal of the monthly subscription was a real kick in the teeth. They made it worse by promising people that if they continued paying their monthly subs they could keep them going forever. But that was a lie because they did not create a mechanism that would deal with expiration dates of credit cards and when those cards used to make the payments expired those players lost their promised continuing subscriptions. Truly reprehensible.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    tempestorm76tempestorm76 Posts: 90 Arc User
    I don't think you know what Lifetime means...

• Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User

Maybe he is that prisoner with a lifetime sentence that died and came back to life and is now appealing to get out of jail.

Well jokes on him cause his LTS has also been revoked!​​
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    How do you cancel a lifetime sub??
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    tempestorm76tempestorm76 Posts: 90 Arc User
    Well, simple answer... you don't.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    You...have....to....die....first...

Or delete the game from your computer and wipe your @name, email account and password from your memory.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »

Maybe he is that prisoner with a lifetime sentence that died and came back to life and is now appealing to get out of jail.

Well jokes on him cause his LTS has also been revoked!​​

lol
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    jakeesanjakeesan Posts: 32 Arc User
    I hope the disgusting devs know that I was going to buy a lifetime sub this year but will no longer be doing so. I forgot about this vile disgusting business decision they made in this game to screw all of us who spent 1000s of dollars in the past on character slots, costumes, etc only to be sh*t on by the greedy chinese devs. I stayed subbed all this time, playing from time to time. My card expires in 2021. I think im just going to unsub. and never look back at this despicable waste of potential. Besides, I can go play city of heroes now again. An absolutely superior game in almost every way except for having multiple class' skills used at once (you can use 2).

Enjoy not getting my money, though. Toodles