test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Champions Wiki

18910111214»

Comments

• ares101#4726 ares101 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I was checking out the Champions Wiki and I came across the Unarmed Combat page. Pretty much every power on the page opens up to this:

Tacoportation

Tier: Tier 5
    Description:
    Tacoportation gives the user the ability to teleport between any variety of mexican food within a thousand mile radius. Upon exiting, a delicious wave of hot sauce covers all enemies and nachos within a 100 foot radius.

Tap:
    +Teleport anywhere within a 50 mile radius.
    +Habanero wave 50 feet targeted on self.
    +confuse all enemies for 5 seconds.

Charge:
    +Teleport anywhere within a 1000 mile radius.
    +Ghost Chili wave 50 feet targeted on self.
    +confuse all enemies for 5 years.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    It's Placeholder Text​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • soundsriskysoundsrisky Posts: 58 Arc User
    yvonned wrote: »
    Personally, I would build the villain page as the main one for her, and a second page for Valarian Scarlet (Contact) with links between the the two. This way all the data for her two 'aspects' are complete and contained.

I mostly agree with this but will sit on it for now.

Was trying to figure out a design for a vendor NPC's store section, here's a rough idea.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    yvonned wrote: »
    Personally, I would build the villain page as the main one for her, and a second page for Valarian Scarlet (Contact) with links between the the two. This way all the data for her two 'aspects' are complete and contained.
    I mostly agree with this but will sit on it for now.

Was trying to figure out a design for a vendor NPC's store section, here's a rough idea.
    Looks good to me. :D Or as Violet would say: Excellent!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFn7aqwoxTo
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    I've made some final adjustments to the look of the vendor table and will probably move forward with it unless there are some critiques. If a vendor only has one tab I'd probably just turn off the expandable part of the table.

http://www.championswiki.com/index.php?title=Convention_Merchant
    yeah, it's a pretty versatile template.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • yvonnedyvonned Posts: 147 Arc User
    Now that they've removed the ability to renew a subscription, what changes do we need to make to the site?
    hmm... probably not much, there's not a lot of wiki space devoted to that.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    I have been getting information for the interesting NPCs that show up during the various Nemesis missions. However, two continue to elude me during Bunker Buster: Cursed Dragon and Deadly Shrike. If anyone spots them during their runs of Bunker Buster, I would like some information on them:
    • Their right-click get info screen
    • The power set they use
    • Image of their weapon, if they use one

I've lost count of how many times I've done Bunker Buster in the last month, but these two just refuse to show up for me. I've also done Google searches to no avail, so if anyone can get them to spawn and get their information it would be great.
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    added some new icons and made a cat page for transformations for someone to fill
    After 4 years i have finally finished the Wiki Icions on the main page.
  • pallierpallier Posts: 79 Arc User
    in another 4 years we might be able to actually have 1 more page added to the wiki
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
    edited August 2018
    http://www.championswiki.com/index.php?title=Category:Vehicles
    Is anyone planning to work on this? My plan:
    step1: update the main table to have the current list of vehicle types.

step2: create pages and sub tables for each vehicle type.

step3: fill in data and add images for any missing vehicles.

This might take a while as currently there are 19 vehicle types? Yeah the current table has 9, and 8 pages for types.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Apparently there is a flaw with your server because I had never experienced something similar to the server to disconnect there are server falls consecutively I do not know what the problem but the truth leaves much to be desired because if I wanted to become a paid player I would not pay for a game with such flaws please solve it

pallier wrote: »
    in another 4 years we might be able to actually have 1 more page added to the wiki
    pages are added all the time. I just completed the icons on the main page. the links that have new icons were there before. If you want more pages how about volunteering to help out. Wikis are made by the community.
    Apparently there is a flaw with your server because I had never experienced something similar to the server to disconnect there are server falls consecutively I do not know what the problem but the truth leaves much to be desired because if I wanted to become a paid player I would not pay for a game with such flaws please solve it
    the wiki is not owned by Cryptic. take your broken English complaint elsewhere
    wiki temp offline for maintenance.
  • lxndr#6519 lxndr Posts: 10 Arc User
    So I realize that this might be a fruitless thing, but...

I just started playing and I noticed that the wiki seems to be lacking things. Archetypes, for instance.

Apparently there are four? archetypes with the names:

The Blazing
    The Dragon Spirit
    The Psychokinetic
    and
    The Samurai
    I might have missed others?

each of which are not on the wiki archetype page, or have a page anywhere on the wiki. Certain archetypes on the wiki lack power pages (The Blade is a prime example, most of its powers above level 8 are "Tacoportation," which made me think the wiki had been vandalized, but nope, an edit history shows that's the original page).

Since I'm new, there might be more missing archetypes, and I'm missing things.

I was trying to find a textual list of all existing archetypes, but that seems to be unavailable from the game itself.

I'm brand new to the game, so I don't have the right information to add to the wiki. Otherwise I'd be more than happy to step up and help.
    The only place I know of the game displays the list of ATs is on the character creation and retcon screens. Part of why making the wiki is work is that we need to compile lists and stuff. And then stuff gets revamped and we need to redo it.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Yes, I know the wiki needs work. I just didn't know where to go to report missing Archetypes, or broken pages? If I wasn't new, and actually had the information, I'd just add the stuff. But there's no way to create an account.
    lxndr#6519 wrote: »
    Yes, I know the wiki needs work. I just didn't know where to go to report missing Archetypes, or broken pages? If I wasn't new, and actually had the information, I'd just add the stuff. But there's no way to create an account.

there's a message on the front page who to message to join.
    edited September 2018
    The Blazing
    The Dragon Spirit
    The Psychokinetic
    and
    The Samurai

I definitely DID miss one:

the wiki doesn't have The Gunslinger.

so that's five missing.
    Post edited by lxndr#6519 on
    The Blazing
    The Dragon Spirit
    The Psychokinetic
    and
    The Samurai

I definitely DID miss one:

the wiki doesn't have The Gunslinger.

so that's five missing.

message @Razama in game to join wiki crew
    edited September 2018
    jasinblaze wrote: »

message @Razama in game to join wiki crew

Message sent. No way to see if it was received or not. Not sure if @Razama is active or not.
    At this point, I'm almost convinced that @Razama is not active anymore, and there is no way to join the wiki crew through @Razama.
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Well, I am not part of the wiki team but I like to contribute when I have time. For example today I decided to give an update to the Archetypes page: http://www.championswiki.com/index.php?title=Archetypes and added a small amount of information as well created pages for new ATs added since the Fire review of December of 2017.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
    At this point, I'm almost convinced that @Razama is not active anymore, and there is no way to join the wiki crew through @Razama.

send @jasinblazing a message in game, I will want an email to send a wiki invite to. Razama still plays but hasnt been on lately i think
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Not 100% sure that this should be on the wiki, but it is:

"WHY THE **** DID YOU MAKE THIS SO HARD TO FORMAT THIS FIELD DOESN'T EVEN DO ANYTHING"

http://www.championswiki.com/index.php?title=Shadow_Blast
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

"WHY THE **** DID YOU MAKE THIS SO HARD TO FORMAT THIS FIELD DOESN'T EVEN DO ANYTHING"

thanks for letting us know, when i checked it was gone however
    Looks like calling it out worked ;)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

Well I found headers like this all over the Darkness powers pages so I corrected it as well added some of changes made to Darkness over the last 3 Nightmare Invasions and I added Shade Storm, Shadow Eruption and Soul Vortex. Also modified the Void AT power progression.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I've updated the EMOTES page for the Wiki.

Please message me on these forums if any more emotes need to be added, also there are some which I'm unsure of their origin, if you've got that information, please also share this.

Alternatively, if you have the access to edit the wiki, add them in.

edited November 2018
    Phew, I am happy to tell everybody that I have good news. After looking for a new hobby I updated the following powersets pages with their respective powers using a new power description template and a power footer template:
    -Energy Projector:
    1.Electricity: 100% done
    2.Fire: 100% done
    3.Force: 100% done
    4.Ice:100% done
    5.Wind: 100%

-Technology:
    1.Archery:100% done
    2.Gadgeteering: 100% done
    3.Laser Sword: 100% done
    4.Munitions: 100% done
    5.Power Armor: 100% done

-Martial Arts:
    Shared Martial Arts powers:100% done

I also added the updated/added: Energy Storm,Fractal Aegis, Gravity Driver, Meteor Blaze, Whirlpool, Implosion Engine, Fire all Weapons, Mechanical Monstrosity, Meltdown and Showdown. The Martial Arts ultimates are what I am currently working right now.

https://imgur.com/a/HL9kU6m
    hellooo EVERYONE!
    Hello... what's up?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • sgtken60sgtken60 Posts: 252 Arc User
    > @"bienzterz#5723" said:
    > hellooo EVERYONE!

Hiyas :) :)
    Can someone make an icon for the Energy Projector category please?
  • hatutzeraze1hatutzeraze1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Ha. Been playing 9 years with over 50 current toons (must have deleted a couple dozen over the years), and still only 2 level 40s.

I just have no interest in endgame.
    wiki has been payed for for another year
    jasinblaze wrote: »
    wiki has been payed for for another year

Thanks a lot for this.
  • eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    http://www.championswiki.com/index.php?title=Category:Vehicles
    Is anyone planning to work on this? My plan:
    step1: update the main table to have the current list of vehicle types.

step2: create pages and sub tables for each vehicle type.

step3: fill in data and add images for any missing vehicles.

This might take a while as currently there are 19 vehicle types? Yeah the current table has 9, and 8 pages for types.

Is that one vehicle type "Exorcet"? I can't get in the game right now to confirm, but I thought it was "Exocet", no r.
    Yeah the correct spelling should be Exocet.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    So is the Wiki dead now? It was working last month.

:(

Apparently it is. This was noticed on the 13th https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1215241/championswiki-com-goneIt seems that no one has heard from the owner, or at least not passed on any news here.

It's just sad that it's gone. I wish it had been something housed at PWE somewhere. Even ifi ti wasn't being updated, it would at least still be here.
    JwLmWoa.png