test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 11/07/2019

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited November 2019 in Release Notes
Bloodmoon
  • Bloodmoon is over! The vendor will stick around for 1 week.

Powers
  • Orbital Cannon's and Hacked Orbital Cannon's damage and Plasma Burn application should both be working now.

Questionite
  • Added various mods to the Questionite store.

Misc
  • Fixed Mummy head texture.
​​

Comments

• atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    No mention of the new boxart piece and banner for the Steam version of CO?
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    Am wondering who those extra heroes are and where's Nighthawk and Kinetik.

I would like to see the game icon itself and one of its previews to be changed to this as well. Perhaps give this CO forum a new backdrop as well. It's really time to ditch the Eidolon look as it's already what, 3 years old now and we don't even have an Eidolon to advertise anymore.
    unknown.png
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Maybe the heroes are us.
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 969 Arc User
    Ok first and foremost, why adding these mods to the questionite store
    second, why adding these mods to the q store
    and third. why adding these specific mods into the actual q store​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    Questionite
    • Added various mods to the Questionite store.
    Oh Ok?
    You are really trying to make those Threat-Reduction mods popular
    BdmdHjg.png​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    so about 470k Q for a rank 7. Thats not bad actually. What else were you going to spend it on?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    There's unMarvelswitched Kinetik and Nighthawk is wearing his "Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist" suit of armor.
    :#
    And non updated suit Defender....

CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tfab10tfab10 Posts: 38 Arc User
    No mention of the new boxart piece and banner for the Steam version of CO?
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    Am wondering who those extra heroes are and where's Nighthawk and Kinetik.

I would like to see the game icon itself and one of its previews to be changed to this as well. Perhaps give this CO forum a new backdrop as well. It's really time to ditch the Eidolon look as it's already what, 3 years old now and we don't even have an Eidolon to advertise anymore.
    unknown.png

I noticed the defender in this shot is the original concept art defender, not defender 2015 or the Classic Defender with the metallic stomach plating.
    Eidolon got fixed, one of the sliver linings of 2020. Now if we live through 2021 can we get a foundry?
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    naciiito wrote: »
    Ok first and foremost, why adding these mods to the questionite store
    second, why adding these mods to the q store
    and third. why adding these specific mods into the actual q store

I think that the most hilarious part is that I didn't even had to log in to know that they probably added the threat mods to the store.

It's almost as if when you have a streak of bad decision making you sorta become predictable o3o​​
    edited November 2019
    lezard21 wrote: »
    I think that the most hilarious part is that I didn't even had to log in to know that they probably added the threat mods to the store.

It's almost as if when you have a streak of bad decision making you sorta become predictable o3o
    Why is this a bad decision exactly? I'm NOT opposing you, just trying to think how this affects negative to the game

Nobody gives a damn for the Threat-reduction mods? (I certainly don't, not even with the stat boosts)
    Is it because most of those mods are from specific events and alerts-open mission of the game, and now people will farm those events- even less? lowering their content popularity even more?​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Personally, I'll never have a use for the threat reduction mods, but it will be nice to be able to get the threat increase mods outside the events. I find it dreary trying to farm enough for a r6 of any of those. Can't imagine going after enough for a r7+. I wonder if they will add the generic confront mods to the Q store? Maybe they'll add some other stuff to events to make up for making it easier to get the mods now?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I would note that they also added the threat-increasing mods, which I suspect people will buy.
    Yeah the Powerframe focused Threat-increase mods are the best deal out of this addition​​
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Can i still buy 'alloween tokens with Drifter ding-a-lings?
    I forgot to buy the SkullShoulderrrs!!!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »

It's almost as if when you have a streak of bad decision making you sorta become predictable o3o​​

You did a boner o3o
    spinnytop wrote: »
    You did a boner o3o

hngyq8eplgg01.jpg​​
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    373fpu.jpg

The plus side about these mods is the +threat ones. The others are garbage. At least I won't have to farm Gravitar to get Brute Force anymore
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    Current patch seems to have a gigantic memory leak. I keep randomly spiking to 6-20 *million* packets (from a normal range of 100s to 1000s) as measured by /netgraph. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with what i'm doing at the time. That's a spike with a 3-4 (standard) order of magnitude increase for absolutely no discernible reason. (it's a 10-12 computer science order of magnitude spike, measured from the highest 'normal' packet flow). Even running in lowest graphics with half-resolution background turned on doesn't do anything about the problem.

Needless to say, getting 10 million packets randomly dumped on me causes the server connection to choke, and i get dced. I've had Harmon runs that went fine and Harmon runs where i dced 3x. (Which, given the last fight is a lockout, is pretty much unplayable.) And random dcs have been persistent since the last patch, but very rare and rarely occurring multiple times before that. I can only conclude the last patch is the culprit.

Meanwhile, my internet connection is otherwise great. I've got solid connection to my wifi (which has worked fine for years on the game), and no other evidence of connection suffering (including great ping times to google, no problems playing youtube videos or streaming music, and no other evidence of connection difficulties). In short, only my connection to cryptic's server is suffering.