test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What proposed framework should I do next?

speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
edited November 2019 in Champions Online Discussion
Hi guys! :)

I had a ton of fun working on a proposed Vegetation framework thanks to input on my framework suggestion thread. While I'd love to get to every idea in there in due time, for now I have lined up three more sets that I and/or others may be interested in.

Those three are, as follows:
Sword and Shield (5 votes - 1st place)
This sword wielding framework fits the European swordsman archetype more than it does a martial artist. As such, it would be placed in a new category -- one plucked straight from the Champions pen-&-paper game itself -- called Weaponmaster. The set would involve a plethora of offensive sword powers and defensive shield powers to complement the brave knight trope.
Alien Physiology (4 votes - 2nd place)
This one's a bit different. I imagine this framework entailing bodily-weapons of a semi-organic nature, such as gun-arms and wrist-blades. It would feel right at home for a proper Roin'esh character! Additionally, I imagine a suite of adaptive armor toggles that will further augment the framework's playstyle.
Advanced Munitions (1 vote - 3rd place)
This one's precisely what it sounds like. No hidden meanings here. Not every gun need be ballistic or use such primitive forms! A veritable armory of laser rifles, plasma guns, and gauss cannons would allow you to fight 21st century villains with 23rd century weapons and gadgets!

Please do let me know which idea you like most. Or, if you like neither, go ahead and say so! As always, I thoroughly read through and enjoy your feedback, Champions! :3
Post edited by speanoz on

What proposed framework should I do next? 14 votes

Sword and Shield (Weaponmaster)
42%
themightyzenithblazer2001phazeunnoirejbspeanozjebidiahbeetus#4643 6 votes
Alien Physiology (Brick)
42%
spinnytoparblaquemarkhawkmanblumoon8lun4cy#3055nyghtshroude#9048 6 votes
Advanced Munitions (Technology)
14%
andondarkmorecowardlion#6863 2 votes

Comments

• andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    Advanced Munitions (Technology)
    Advanced Tech if it has some single pistol attacks. (With a low tech advantage making the damage piercing) (Mini magnetic rail pistols shooting flichettes.
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    Advanced Tech if it has some single pistol attacks. (With a low tech advantage making the damage piercing) (Mini magnetic rail pistols shooting flichettes.
    Hmm... that could be an interesting mechanic. Some sort of "sidegrade" for different damage types.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Alien Physiology (Brick)
    Terrifying alien metamorph? yes plz.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Terrifying alien metamorph? yes plz.
    I have some big plans for that one. Adaptive armor and having all your essential equipment... y'know... in you.... sounds real fun! :p

It seems like the classical sword and shield knight might catch up, though!
    Sword and Shield and Alien Physiology have been tied for a few days now. If they remain tied by the end of October, I guess I'll have to flip a coin or cast the tie-breaking vote. :o
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    Alien Physiology (Brick)
    ALIEN!! It'd be super neat to see a genetic/ET alternative to the "supernatural" powers

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Alien Physiology (Brick)
    If they stay tied, go with Sword and Shield since that'd probably be the simpler one. Give you more time to brainstorm weird Alien stuff.
    spinnytop wrote: »
    If they stay tied, go with Sword and Shield since that'd probably be the simpler one. Give you more time to brainstorm weird Alien stuff.
    I was thinking about doing just that, heh. I've already got both frameworks fairly planned-out in my head, just need to execute them.

They were both 3-3 yesterday and now they're both 4-4! :p
    edited November 2019
    Okay, folks! Time's up!

Sword and Shield has taken the lead after I cast the tiebreaker.
    Alien Physiology will be completed secondly, at some point after.
    Advanced Munitions will round out the list and likely "release" at some point in December.

Thank you all for participating and providing me invaluable insight. :)
    Post edited by speanoz on