test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2 New Builds: Nambus Voidwalker & Tribal Warrior

circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
edited October 2019 in Builds and Roles
Hi All

So, looking to change my Nano Gauntlets Build to something more fitting for the OC, that used the build and thanks to playing D2 for a good few weeks, it's given me some good ideas on what type of build-set I'll like to go for.

So this build will be focused around Pistol Muni & Telekinesis/Telepathy powers, the main framework will be Pistol Muni, but the rest of the kit will be Darkness, I've done a basic build, so far. Keep in mind, the build is just a template.

Looking at some of the powers, it might seem that they might go quite well together, as IIRC, Ego Surge can boost Cirt Damage. The main for this build will be DPS, and what ever in the background, so I don't die a horrible death

(https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=33&n=&d=10000000000000000080008903850CFE036403G303FK09GE058U05000000000000FO058D0000010000000010000000000&e=)

I'll like to try to mix some Grenades in the build as well, if they can fit.

The next build is aimed around useing Bows/Infernal and Darkness. Like the other build, the main framework will be useing Bows, but the rest of the kit will be a mix of Infernal and Darkness. If possible I'll mix some of the Gas/Lighting/Sonic and Exploding Arrows. (what ever is better)

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=33&n=&d=1000000000000000006000610364056805O205LE0e62036D0500000000000000006500000000010000000010000000000&e=

Not sure the building aim for thos, as its been some time last I used Bows, but DPS/Tanking is ideal.

Psi.

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Ego Surge w/ NM was nerfed quite a while ago. Anyways, I'm a bit confused by the 1st build request, as you said it's pistol Muni w/ TK/TP, but then you also mentioned Darkness? Not really sure if that's a typo or not, as just Pistol Muni w/ some Mentalist powers is well enough, but also trying to add Darkness and some grenades is gonna make the build pretty clustered.

For the 2nd build, I may just make it a normal ranged dps build. If you wanted a hybrid-dps that more survivable, then you'd want a defensive passive in the Hybrid role. For now, I'll just make it a dps build w/ NW, since its a versatile dps passive:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Ranged Damage)
    v3.41:33

Super Stats
    Level 6: Intelligence (Primary)
    Level 10: Endurance (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Glacier (Dex: 8, Con: 10, Int: 10, End: 10)
    Level 6: Investigator (Int: 5, End: 5)
    Level 9: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 15: Negotiator (Int: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Strafe
    Level 1: Straight Shot (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Concentration
    Level 8: Night Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Shadow Embrace (Rank 2, Draining Shadows)
    Level 14: Will-o'-the-Wisp (Guide, Ghost Fire)
    Level 17: Conjuring
    Level 20: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Defile (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Torrent of Arrows (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Ebon Void (Rank 2)
    Level 35:
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 32/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Intelligence: Preparation (2/2)
    Intelligence: Enlightened (3/3)
    Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (3/3)
    Intelligence: Expertise (2/2)
    Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
    Avenger: Round 'em Up (3/3)
    Avenger: Relentless Assault (2/3)
    Avenger: Preemptive Strike (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Intelligence Mastery (1/1)

The last 2 power slots can be w/e ya want.

For both single-target and AoE scenarios, you'llw ant to use Wisp when available to debuff and to proc and roll Conjuring. For single-target dps, you can alternate between Straight Shot and Defile. SEmbrace can be the main AoE, though Torrent (or Storm) of Arrows can be used from long-range for another AoE option (and to have more powers from Archery). Gears mostly for Int, w/ some Con and End (and/or Dex).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    [quote="flowcyto;c-12837036 Snip[/quote]

Yeah, I was going to go with Psi and Pistols, but I think Void/Darkness will fit that role better, so it was a mistake yes, I'll get into that build in a bit tho.

As for this one, I think I'll play it a bit differently, rather then mixing other trees, I've gone for more of a flow of useing Arrows & Tools, this time around.

Super Stats

Talents
    Level 15: Negotiator (Int: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Quarry (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Hunter's Instinct
    Level 8: Snap Shot (Rank 2, Finish Him)
    Level 11: Parry (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Sonic Arrow (Rank 2, Deadly Dissonance)
    Level 17: Focused Shot (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Gas Pellets/Gas Arrow?
    Level 23:
    Level 26:
    Level 29: Venomous Breath/Will-o'-the-Wisp?
    Level 32:
    Level 35:
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 24/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
    Avenger: Round 'em Up (3/3)
    Avenger: Relentless Assault (2/3)
    Avenger: Preemptive Strike (3/3)

Devices

I've gone for the normal Archery powers, but I'm also trying something new, that I mentioned before, of not having the standard Bolt/Blast/Beam effect. Not sure if it will work well here, But rather having Straight Shot, I've stuck with Snap-shot and left Focused Shot for my main high burst damage "Blast/Beam"

I'm unsure if Gas Arrow/Pellets are any better or worse then the other, but I will pick the best one. For thame wise, I have stuck to one Infernal power, due to the Toon behind it, is a Raptor (I image that raptors will be able to spit Poison), but I'm debating if Will-o-Wisp is stronger then Breath.

As for the rest of the powers, I'm not quit sure, an Heal will be great and perhaps other powers such as the Serum or an bigger AoE res/Heal.

Thinking Endorphin Rush will be quit fitting for this thame and even call to battle, given a Tribal type.

(P,S: Yes, I think Im gonna stick with Endorphin Rush & Call To Battle, damm they feel badass)
    Psi.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I'm not sure what you're really referring to w/ the 'standard Bolt/Blast/Beam effect'. As far as 'standard', for dps there are some core powers you'd want to pick up to make a build functional (passive, toggle/form, EU, AoE, single-target attack(s), heals/defenses, etc).

Anyways, Focused Shot isn't practical outside of openers (at least when solo and/or when you have aggro) since taking any damage interrupts it. It's a pretty low dps power anyways, w/ its only decent property being its 120ft range. Also, the Wisp can't really replace Venom Breath, since they have very different properties. You take the Wisp for its debuffing/buffing power, and Venom Breath for a spammable AoE (that can also help CC w/ its stun adv).

I may keep both Wisp and Venom Breath - the former more for practicality in that it can proc Conjuring from 100ft, which is great for Archery's long range, and the latter for a 50ft spammable AoE/CC (and also for the theme). I guess I'll also add in ERush and Call to Battle for you, if you like them well enough:

Super Stats

Talents
    Level 15: Coordinated (Dex: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 18: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Straight Shot (Rank 2, Split the Arrow)
    Level 6: Quarry (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Concentration
    Level 11: Conjuring
    Level 14: Will-o'-the-Wisp (Guide)
    Level 17: Endorphin Rush (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Venomous Breath (Rank 2, Paralytic Bile)
    Level 23: Snap Shot (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Gas Arrow (Rank 2, Noxious Fumes)
    Level 32: Call To Battle (Rank 2, Work Up)
    Level 35: Parry (Rank 2)
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (3/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (2/3)

For single-target dps, Straight Shot can debuff for 3-5x Snap Shot follow-ups, while you use the Wisp and Gas Arrow when they're available (Wisp helps roll Conjuring). Snap Shot can't proc Concentration when enemies are too close to you (since it's instant cast), so half-charging Straight Shot can help proc Conc in those cases. For AoE, you can use the Wisp and Venom Breath mainly (though Gas Arrow can also be thrown in). Gears mostly for Int, w/ some Con and End or Dex.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    Looks good

What I mean by the "w/ the 'standard Bolt/Blast/Beam effect'. As far as 'standard', for dps there are some core powers you'd want to pick up to make a build functional (passive, toggle/form, EU, AoE, single-target attack(s), heals/defenses, etc)."

Is that most of my builds have an EB/Blast and 3rd power and I recall in a another topic that, cutting down on having "Blast" powers will save up alot of space in certain builds, thus why I ditched the Straight Shot, as its classed as a "Blast"

(Yea.. outside of leveling, perhaps, that's not a very efficient play style. The energy builder (again, not the "EU", which is the Energy Unlock, or Conjuring here) is very low dps, as are blasts in most cases. You'll want to minimize use of the former and often just skip over the latter if there's better options (some blast builds can still do okay if built properly, say if you want to keep one for theme- but I'd make those the exception instead of the rule). Hopefully you can do all that w/o having any major energy issues at max level (and Int handles most energy issues pretty easily, for this build at least)

It's quite Interesting that Focused Shot is small DPS, as you'll think its like the "Sniper" power from the Muti-Tree, but I guess not...

Psi.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Hm, you may want to either use the quote tag in the future instead ([ quote] and [ /quote], w/o the spaces), as that was a bit confusing to read.

Yea, as I said before, most blasts are weak enough to be excluded in full dps builds, though you can still do fine w/ them in general, depending on your goals. In this case, charging Straight Shot gives you a cheap way to proc Conc if something is too close (since Snap Shot is instant and thus can't proc Conc if something is too close to you), and quick taps of it will put up a debuff that boosts your follow-up Snap Shots. So, there's some merit to keeping that blast here.