test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anybody know things about sharks?

spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
So here's the thing that spawned that question:
WNlj2ioceeaUMBh8X_DjV677W9kI_rO7jwrDp8P7Vj0.jpg?auto=webp&s=9abbbf319e66282f09527269d3da7c7c2e43a35f
So the question is, wouldn't that shark be suffocating in there? or would it be able to breathe since the space would quickly fill up with blood and it can pull oxygen out of it? I'm worried about shark-kun o3o

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    I'm sorry, Spinny, but unless Nightcrawler can get in there and bamf shark-kun back into some water pronto, poor thing's been sacrificed to his vengeance. Blood will support its swimming, and given Fred's physiology I imagine there's enough to hold the shark in swimming position for a time, but the chemical differences are too great - the shark's gills can't extract enough oxygen from hemoglobin.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2019
  • but since it's not real life, no sharks were harmed in the making of this comic strip​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Damn....Nightcrawler is fucked in the head

Well, I guess the guy did have it coming
  • fermifermi Posts: 117 Arc User
    Not only are there not shark-sized spaces inside a human body (even a fairly large human as we have here), but sharks usually rely on ripping and twisting off chunks of flesh. The teeth don't project out of the front of their mouths, so this shark has no real way to even take a bite out of someone he's inside. Large sharks like this one also usually need to keep swimming in order to breathe - they need a current of water going through their mouth and out their gills. So really it will probably just asphyxiate and die and not chew anything. Of course having random shark in your body is probably lethal anyway.

Reminds me of one of my favourite comic frames:

20060608.gif
    Yeah. He should have just bamf'd all that broken glass inside of him.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    I feel like Nightcrawler could have been doing this all this time...
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    I feel like Nightcrawler could have been doing this all this time...
    Yes, and Kitty could have been dragging people halfway into the ground and then letting go. They're both generally too nice for this sort of thing. (Apparently, however, Kurt was sufficiently provoked here. Let this be a lesson to you - there are few creatures more dangerous than a genuinely nice person who's been pushed too far...)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I'd question how Fred's stomach was actually big enough for Nightcrawler to fit, let alone that poor shark. Most people have internal organs and not an empty void....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Whenever I want scientifically accurate storytelling, comics are of course the first thing I turn to. ;)
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    edited October 2019
    Looks like Spawn is a fan of this maneuver too
    d4f4885f10255f890a36f34bce822ccc4504fb82_hq.jpg
    Not sure if this is the time I remember him saying "Let's play alien" before doing it
    I'd question how Fred's stomach was actually big enough for Nightcrawler to fit, let alone that poor shark. Most people have internal organs and not an empty void....

I mean, maybe he bamf'd a bunch of air ahead of himself to make a space for him and the shark? Depends how fine his control over the bamf process is. Though that alone should probably have done a lot of damage to the guy... like imagine a volume of air about the size of a beach ball just suddenly appearing inside your gut.
  • if you can form that much air inside someone's anatomy, you can save yourself a lot of energy by just forming a bubble of it in the bloodstream and letting the resulting embolism do your work for you​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I mean, maybe he bamf'd a bunch of air ahead of himself to make a space for him and the shark? Depends how fine his control over the bamf process is. Though that alone should probably have done a lot of damage to the guy... like imagine a volume of air about the size of a beach ball just suddenly appearing inside your gut.
    Yeah that could kill you outright... Not immediately, but if it stays there, eventually.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    if you can form that much air inside someone's anatomy, you can save yourself a lot of energy by just forming a bubble of it in the bloodstream and letting the resulting embolism do your work for you​​

Yeah that'd make a really exciting comic panel, the two of them just kinda hanging out then the fat guy falls over u3u
  • fermifermi Posts: 117 Arc User
    Or farting immensely...

For that matter, if Kurt can just open a portal and shove things through, what's stopping him from reaching in a pulling something OUT? "Look! I got your liver! Don't you need that?"
    fermi wrote: »
    Or farting immensely...

For that matter, if Kurt can just open a portal and shove things through, what's stopping him from reaching in a pulling something OUT? "Look! I got your liver! Don't you need that?"
    Kitty Pryde has killed people like that.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    That's Age of Apocalypse Kurt, he's much more of a badass edgy-boi than our regular Nightcrawler.... and the Blob did eat his wife.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    WideOptimisticAndeancat-size_restricted.gif
    They can be adorable, say hello to Vress, a SharkPup. :3
    tenor.gif
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."