test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20190924.31 - Bloodmoon Week 3

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited October 2019 in PTS - The Archive
Bloodmoon
  • Updated Vanguard's costume and moveset to better match his character. He now uses various Might based attacks (these do differ from the attacks Johnny Hercules uses).
  • Archer's Memory has been moved to Vigil as a potential drop.
  • Added Scorching Storm device as a potential drop from Firefight. This device deals fire damage and creates a flashfire pit.
  • Added Deadly Drop Attack device as a potential drop from Tiger. This device is a short ranged lunge that knocks down targets and causes bleed.
  • Added Blast Wave device as a potential drop from Vanguard. This device knocks your foes far away and stuns them.
  • Added Blade Dance device as a potential drop from Amazing Grace. This device deals damage in a area around you, shields you and heals nearby allies when you deal damage with it.
  • The new devices will not be featured in the store this year.
  • The new devices are not replacing existing drops from the Undead Heroes, some heroes will just have 2 potential device drops.
  • Added Eldritch and Tattered Bat costumes to the event store.
  • Added Floating Book Aura to the event store.
  • Updated the look of Takofanes.
  • Known Issue: Vanguard's Action Figure is still using its old look. A new one will be added next week to represent his new look.

Misc
  • Fixed a typo with the Thorns Shield device.
  • Optimized the fx for Supernatural Possession.

Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I'm surprised Deadly Drop Attack is a Fighting Claws lunge. Guess this means Fighting Claws is being worked on. Probably.
    Couldn't Blast Wave be a Ground Pound like Energy Wave's? Thunderclap is pretty meh.

Actually, imma stop giving suggestions since this will come out after maintenance anyway.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    ZnmAARI.jpg
    I'm amazed Scorching Storm can instantly apply Pyre Patch right away. If you're using the Blade Dance device, you're pretty much lock into the animation until the animation is over. No amount of Block Canceling or movement will get you out of the animation.
  • canadatrekker#7468 canadatrekker Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    [*] Updated Vanguard's costume and moveset to better match his character. He now uses various Might based attacks (these do differ from the attacks Johnny Hercules uses).

Thank you.

Thundrax
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    Couldn't Blast Wave be a Ground Pound like Energy Wave's? Thunderclap is pretty meh.

That would be better as a suggestion for a new device for something else. It's not likely that we'd radically change the appearance and functionality of a device once introduced to PTS.
  • hallsofwallshallsofwalls Posts: 77 Arc User
    Bug
    Blade Dance device.
    Despite its description stating that it only heals other allies, Blade Dance also heals the user when dealing damage.

r7sBMcI.jpg
  • shortbus#4297 shortbus Posts: 100 Arc User
    Love the new look for Vanguard :)

Btw: are Destroids still supposed to around the rencen and Mega destroids around the CHQ? It looks like left over from the anniversary. Then again, I wouldn't put anything past Dr Destroyer.
  • littlemissmarshlittlemissmarsh Posts: 12 Arc User
    small suggestion? perhaps we could have the cape from the tattered bat belt as a tail/rear accessory by any chance?

call me kat | she/they/nyan | nonbinary / catgirlgender

I cwose my eyes and seize it! UwU
    I cwench my fist and beat it! OwO
    I wight my towch and buwn it! ☆w☆
    I am the beast I wowship! ΦwΦ

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Floating Book Aura is pretty awesome​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • MINDFLAYER!
  • Kaiserin, who is Fightfight?
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    small suggestion? perhaps we could have the cape from the tattered bat belt as a tail/rear accessory by any chance?

I love this idea! Make it so!

Suggestion: Please consider creating a separate tail entry for the Tattered Bat Belt costume piece.

Kaiserin, who is Fightfight?
    The ultimate and final form of all fighting! :o
    Post edited by speanoz on
  • duratokgorehowlduratokgorehowl Posts: 52 Arc User
    The Eldritch Cthulhu head needs some skin texture options.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User

That would be better as a suggestion for a new device for something else. It's not likely that we'd radically change the appearance and functionality of a device once introduced to PTS.

Hi, former resident asshat here. Since apparently according to this when something comes up in PTS it's already at the "2 late going live now" stage, maybe throw up a brainstorming thread? Something like a place where the devs can post "hey guys we are thinking on creating a power for the Archery tree that will behave like this and that, what would you imagine such a power should look like using the already existing resources?"

I'm saying this cause this is the 4th power/device/TP that reuses the Thunderclap animation when for some of them there are far better options readily available to reskin and throw a fancy FX on top.​​
    edited October 2019
    He aren't wrong, since PTS became pretty much less than 10 hours before going LIVE release preview 🙄​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Sounds like something to make over in the suggestions section... "Animations and stuff for the devs to keep in mind when making powers" or what not.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    Not even really sure why this stuff is even being put on PTS since its not going to be changed. What's there to "test" then? "test" implies that something might be changed.
    avianos wrote: »
    He aren't wrong, since PTS became pretty much less than 10 hours before going LIVE release preview 🙄​​

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited October 2019
    BUG: [Floating Book Aura] suffers from the same Bug other floating drone elements suffer, the object sometimes will distance itself from the user to a ridiculous amount of distance​​
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Basically what I came here to suggest. I know it's already live, so chances are slim, but I wanted to beg anyway. Kais0r pls~

Also:
    The new devices will not be featured in the store this year.
    XZ1HROg.png
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    aesica wrote: »
    Also:
    XZ1HROg.png

No. You don't get to use the tokens you saved up last year to get them u3u
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    You just need to farm more for the farming you did farm because we don’t want you to not farm too much during farming seasoning because you farm too much farm during farming
  • Will there be anything new this week? Or is Blood Moon over?
    edited October 2019
    Will there be anything new this week? Or is Blood Moon over?
    Wait until Thursday, they post the new stuff 10 hours before going life instead at the start of the week

You thought they would post 4-5 days before the update? NAH we don't do this anymore, just rush it on PTS and then LIVE​​
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    aesica wrote: »
    Also:
    XZ1HROg.png

No. You don't get to use the tokens you saved up last year to get them u3u

Is that why they did this? Why not go the much simpler route of changing the currency altogether with no way to convert the old one? That seemed to work out just fine in the past.​​
This discussion has been closed.