test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gatling gun advantages Listen To Reason bugged only in MI and MI cosmics

Hey all. I'm going to report a strange bug happens after the last patch,I was in MI doing cosmics,I use gatling gun (with the Listen To Reason advantages) to maintain/refresh the Furious stacks (3 full stacks from rocket and it's advantages Red Hot Fury, and also from Lock N Load ability),I always keep an eye to the furious 12 seconds counter,but I noticed somehing strange happens, It never refreshed,the counter continues to zero.I tapped the gatling gun and even fully maintained the gatling gun and still the bug happened,the furious can't be refreshed.

Later that day I was doing Kiga and it's normal,doing MD in MC it's normal,trying to hit grond in the desert it's normal,doing alerts it's normal and killed some mobs in VB it's also normal too. I can refresh the Furious. So I conclude that the bug is only happens in MI. It's so strange that the Bloodmoon patch gave this weird bug.For a meantime I avoid MI and the cosmics, because the bug gives me a major blow to my damage output,much much lower than before the bug.That also gives me major blow to my SCR,Qnites and GCR flow because I don't do the MI cosmics.I hope the devs can fix this.Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    What was possibly happening is that you were at max range and gatling wasn't actually hitting your target. Cylinder attacks have this quirk where at near max range on large creatures, you can attack as if you were in range ( because you technically are ) but the attack doesn't hit. It wouldn't happen on Kiga since you would be standing much closer. My guess is that gatling needs to actually hit something to proc Listen To reason.
  • Options
    fallendevil17386fallendevil17386 Posts: 9 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    What was possibly happening is that you were at max range and gatling wasn't actually hitting your target. Cylinder attacks have this quirk where at near max range on large creatures, you can attack as if you were in range ( because you technically are ) but the attack doesn't hit. It wouldn't happen on Kiga since you would be standing much closer. My guess is that gatling needs to actually hit something to proc Listen To reason.

Nope I've tried all the MI cosmics in all range for testing purpose, melee range,mid range (50 feet) and full range (90-95 feet),it's all the same,Furious can't be refreshed.And also, as I said before I also tried the fully maintained gatling gun,all hit the target as gatling gun is kinda a hit scan,and still the furious didn't refreshed. I also tried in in MD cosmic as I can move freely in all ranges (from melee to long range),it's all normal,I can refresh the Furious with just a tap or fully maintained gatling gun. So,I think it's not about how I use it,it is a truly a bug.
  • Options
    edited October 2019

Nope,I tried all MI Cosmics in all ranges for testing purpose,melee range,mid range (50ft),Long range (90-95ft),It's all the same I can't refreshed the furious stacks.And as I said earlier I've tried the fully maintained gatling gun too,it hits the target as gatling gun is kinda a hit scan ability,all the same,still can't refresh the furious stacks. I also tried MD cosmics as I can move freely in all range (melee,mid and long range) and with whole lot more of people than MI cosmics,It's all normal,I can refresh the furious stacks with just a tap or a fully maintained gatling gun.So I'm sure It's not about how I use it,It's a bug.
  • Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    Cosmics have had issues in the past with buffs, debuffs and forms not consistently proccing. I think it's been a resource issue. I recently noticed at Kiga some of my attacks aren't always proccing and my form stacks will drop to zero. With longer lasting buffs, you may have more opportunities to proc and refresh if they aren't proccing consistently. With shorter duration buffs it may be more noticeable. The Devs have made a lot of changes to optimize and reduce the issue but I don't think it's completely gone away.
  • Options
    Cosmics have had issues in the past with buffs, debuffs and forms not consistently proccing. I think it's been a resource issue. I recently noticed at Kiga some of my attacks aren't always proccing and my form stacks will drop to zero. With longer lasting buffs, you may have more opportunities to proc and refresh if they aren't proccing consistently. With shorter duration buffs it may be more noticeable. The Devs have made a lot of changes to optimize and reduce the issue but I don't think it's completely gone away.

Resource issue? You mean server issue? Hmmm,what strange is it never happened before the last patch.And It only happens in MI lol.If this is a server/resource issue,i hope the devs can optimized it more :)
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Cosmics do have issues with hits not registering, which can result in your stacks dropping off, but it's not hugely common with the current zone limits.
  • Options
    Cosmics do have issues with hits not registering, which can result in your stacks dropping off, but it's not hugely common with the current zone limits.

Yeah I can understand if I use other ability such as melee charged ability or other ability,but we're talking about gatling gun here,a maintained munition power and it hits 4 times damages every 0.5 second,so 1 hit every 0.125 second. And I tried fully maintained the gatling gun (that's around 3-4 seconds,it's should completely stop the countdown of the furious,and I tried to do it more than 1 cycle). So i don't think hit registry is the problem here. What confused me is it never happened before the last patch and It only happens in 1 map,MI. :s
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Have you tried it away from ape and dino, but also on MI?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Mega-Terak is a pretty good test dummy.
  • Options
    Mega-Terak is a pretty good test dummy.

The bug is constantly happen in both cosmics,and for other mobs around MI it's a random occurrence. I haven't tried it on Mega Terak though,as I don't know where's the spot lol
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Just did Ape with my munitions toon. Gatling Gun didn't fail to refresh Furious or Armor Piercing a single time during the entire fight. I'm thinking you must have run into the resource issue. Either that or you retconned out of Listen To Reason and forgot.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Just did Ape with my munitions toon. Gatling Gun didn't fail to refresh Furious or Armor Piercing a single time during the entire fight. I'm thinking you must have run into the resource issue. Either that or you retconned out of Listen To Reason and forgot.

Yeah,I've done ape too after the newest patch,only once though. It seems normal now.But I still need to do few more of it to make sure it's fully normal.And also I'm going to do some dino too,right now I haven't done any. Resource issue? Idk about that.But retcon? Nope I have checked in the PH I still have it. Actually I'm planning to do retcon with the same build I have now if the bug still exists.

I'll give the update after I do more cosmics in MI. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Update:

I've done 4 Dinos and 4 Apes so far. All of the dino still have the bugs,3 bugged from the start of the battle (with 1 of the run is back to normal when I got disconnected and return to the game),1 run is normal when the battle started but then in the middle of battle it bugged again, when the dino have 2/3 HP and the baby appeared.

As for the Ape,2 of them are normal,2 of them are bugged in the middle of the battle.

Idk what happened here,is it the server or is it coding bugs.I hope the devs can resolve the issues.Thanks :)