test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lets build an RP SG

A little over a year ago I decided it was time to re-build my old City of Heroes SG (the United Sentinels of America) in CO. The USofA had existed in CO since the game launched, but most of the old players have gone and it had dwindled to a small inactive group.

Well, my re-build efforts were not very successful. It grew a bit a first, but has since returned to where it was before. But, I did learn a few things.

In response to another recent post Epelesker out it quite well when he said;

#13575397 Epelesker wrote:
It really takes a lot to organize a team and keep people interested, even if the group is small. And as mentioned earlier, people need to have aligning schedules in order to make it work, otherwise it's just a collective of representing bodies and naught more.

What he said is true. To get an SG running you first need a dedicated core group of leaders who are on similar enough schedules that they can get together and talk. I didn't have that.

My second problem is one of play style. I seems to me that there are two broad types of SG's;

1) RP SG's where the members engage in RP alot but rarely ever play the game content in team outings.

2) SG's that play alot of the content and team regularly, but have little or no RP.

Well, my play style falls in between those two extremes. I believe that an SG should have regularly scheduled team nights, where the members get together and run content, as well as scheduled RP nights. I seem to be in the minority in this view.

Anyway... I really DO want to build an RP SG that teams and plays together. But I can't do it alone. Been there, tried that... failed. :)

So... I'm interested in seeing if anyone else is interested in starting such a project. It would indeed be a group project, and dedicated core members who want to help build the SG (not just be members of it) are what we would need.

Anyone interested?

Comments

• Options
    brfabeirasbrfabeiras Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Well, I'm sure interested on RP, even with almost 0 experience on it. Like you said, aligning schedules is one of the key things to make it work.

I only play actively at weekends, but I can (try) to give you a hand. But first:

- I'm from Brazil, so we might need to align timezones too;
    - I'm not fluent in english. I doubt this will be a problem, but I feel it's something to keep in consideration;

That said, count me in if you want!
  • Options
    rfd123rfd123 Posts: 10 Arc User
    This thread is months old, but if you're still looking, I'm down.
  • Options
    > @saedor said:
    > A little over a year ago I decided it was time to re-build my old City of Heroes SG (the United Sentinels of America) in CO. The USofA had existed in CO since the game launched, but most of the old players have gone and it had dwindled to a small inactive group.
    >
    > Well, my re-build efforts were not very successful. It grew a bit a first, but has since returned to where it was before. But, I did learn a few things.
    >
    > In response to another recent post Epelesker out it quite well when he said;
    >
    > #13575397 Epelesker wrote:
    > It really takes a lot to organize a team and keep people interested, even if the group is small. And as mentioned earlier, people need to have aligning schedules in order to make it work, otherwise it's just a collective of representing bodies and naught more.
    >
    >
    >
    > What he said is true. To get an SG running you first need a dedicated core group of leaders who are on similar enough schedules that they can get together and talk. I didn't have that.
    >
    > My second problem is one of play style. I seems to me that there are two broad types of SG's;
    >
    > 1) RP SG's where the members engage in RP alot but rarely ever play the game content in team outings.
    >
    > 2) SG's that play alot of the content and team regularly, but have little or no RP.
    >
    > Well, my play style falls in between those two extremes. I believe that an SG should have regularly scheduled team nights, where the members get together and run content, as well as scheduled RP nights. I seem to be in the minority in this view.
    >
    > Anyway... I really DO want to build an RP SG that teams and plays together. But I can't do it alone. Been there, tried that... failed. :)
    >
    > So... I'm interested in seeing if anyone else is interested in starting such a project. It would indeed be a group project, and dedicated core members who want to help build the SG (not just be members of it) are what we would need.
    >
    > Anyone interested?

Well, i'm interested. How can I contact you to apply/join your SG?
    The One & Only;
    BabyDeeDee