test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sidekick ideas

markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
I was looking around Caprice and realized that not only are there a wide variety of hero-wannabe outfits, but some of them are pretty cool. I have no idea how much work would be required, but.... maybe the characters could be made into sidekicks?
ChampsWiki
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
My characters

Comments

• mastercontrol7mastercontrol7 Posts: 181 Arc User
    maybe a possible Support Sidekick?
    that would be nice or so, but never seen them use an existing character before. it would be nice they do that.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    You lost me at “I was looking around Caprice...”
    can i post my ideas for a sidekick here?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Sure, pics of the costume would be nice. :D There's something like 2-dozen to choose from. :p

Honestly I started out thinking it was a bad idea because the costumes in question are less cool than the costumes we see on lockbox sidekicks, but then I realized something.... that's LOCKBOX sidekicks. They show off the new lockbox costumes. For example, there's also Harley Davison... he uses a rather generic costume from a Cobra Lord NPC.

Honestly I think the main reason this is unlikely to happen right now is that it's too much work for too little reward.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Don "The Cameraman" Castle:
    tumblr_nateekg4cG1qkbpm3o1_540.jpg

daytoner-daniel-hahn-doode-final-ribbons.jpg?1449792813

BIO: Activist against Argent cruel and greedy nature,a long time ago one time he find a way to get inside Argent New Advance Tech HQ, find's they are working on a New Nanobot Bionic Enhancement, that allows the nano's to change and Enhance body part, however the change is permanent and can't be controlled unless a microchip is in-planted in the brain, that sometimes short circuit, that will lead to brain damage and memory loss, And Death, this is being seen by this as well recorded by Don Castle, but he later found out and captured, became the 5th subject to be Tested out of the 4 that had died, but this time, chip didn't malfunction, scientist Cheered, but Don soon came to realize he could utilize the Nanobot Bionic Enhancement to free himself from captivity, changes parts of his body to free himself and to escape, but soon to realize the parts of the body he change will never be the same again and will never look like himself again, he takes on a form of a camerahead robot, and made Videosite app know as WATCHER, he a man that records the truth and nonthing but the Truth,

ability: to control machines and construct metal parts of any kind, regeneration of organic or metal tissue,

Role: offensive support

Image used
    Cameraman
    BY
    psdeluxe
    DAYTONER / Daniel Hahn
    hmm... we actually have a camera face costume prop already. :p It's part of the Foxbattle Bot lineup. So it could use that. :D A tech based healer sidekick sounds like a nice idea.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    New idea, make the Blood Moon ToT monsters as sidekicks.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • cptmillenniumcptmillennium Posts: 449 Arc User
    What I'd really like is the ability to customize my own sidekick the way I can create my own nemesis, and have "Summon Sidekick" bring it out as a controllable pet through an ultimate power selection. I realize we're way past that level of development effort, but I can dream...
    What I'd really like is the ability to customize my own sidekick the way I can create my own nemesis, and have "Summon Sidekick" bring it out as a controllable pet through an ultimate power selection. I realize we're way past that level of development effort, but I can dream...
    Recostuming sidekicks is more likely than a sidekick you actually choose powers for.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • horripilantehorripilante Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Retool some of the Lemuria mobs to make:

ROBOT SHARK SIDEKICK
    A robot shark that fliesaround shooting lasers while also using bite attacks

SKELETON SHARK SIDEKICK
    Same idea, but it uses ebon/dark attacks and also bites

Also, Giant Hands as sidekicks.
    Around the size of the whole characters body, could count as one entity, or each hand as a separate entity

Stone Hands
    Giant stone hands that use Might and Earth attacks (specially that shockwave attack from the might powerset)

Robot Hands
    Huge Robot hands using Electric and Might attacks (specially that thunder handclap one), maybe some missiles too

Knight Hands
    Abnormaly large Knight hands usingCelestial and Might powers

Skeleton Hands/Claws
    Gargantuan skeleton hands using Feral swipes and casting dark magic

And some weird/odd ones

Floating Moai head
    A Large floating Moai head hovering over the ground, using sonic attacks and beams tha cause dimensional damage
    Only the mouth is slightly animated (open and closes)

moai-heads.jpg

Completely normal skeleton
    A normal skeleton using single blade attacks (with a bone skin), throwing bones etc.
    Just standing near enemies has a chance to apply fear
    When it moves it does clackity noises
    When it remains idle it makes xylophone noises

Old Wizard
    An old classic wizard.
    Flying aorund on a carpet or cloud.
    Uses a wand(like the ones from Demon members), casting elemental attacks, sometimes summons furniture that crushes enemies (can we get recycled furniture assets from NW? )
    Could say stuff like:
    "Its magic, i dont have to explain it"
    "Science is for wimps"

wizard.jpg

Old Witch
    A classic looking witch
    Flying on the Halloween Broom back-piece with the hoverboard animation
    Cast hexxes , and summon black cats and bats that explode doing dark damage

witch.jpg

Ninjas
    Plain and simple ninjas (maybe 2 or 3)
    Use dual blades and claws, throw shurikens and smoke bombs, maybe some MA moves.

Levitating Psychic Octopus
    What it sounds like
    An octopus swimming across the air using telepathy & telekinesis powers

octodude.jpg

Last two cause we have too much cats

Cat-Astrophe
    A Stone Cat (maybe like a sphinx)
    (larger than the player, at least maybe the size of the mechanon spider creature)
    Uses magical and earth powers besides those "cat attacks"

Cat-Atomic (its a pun on catatonic, laugh now)
    Either a Robot or Irradiate-like cat
    Larger than the player.
    Uses some Radioactive powers and beams (if robot, maybe some micromunitions too)
  • horripilantehorripilante Posts: 323 Arc User
    Gnomes
    In groups of 2 or 3, male and female
    Height below the characters knee-line
    They could use Earth attacks and some healing magic
    Basic-Gnome.jpg
    gnome-couple.jpg
    modern-gnomes.jpg

Dwarves
    Similar to Gnomes, but less magical, and more melee, also have a chance to increase your resource drop while active
    dwarf.jpg

Maybe some Skeleton gnomes, Gnome Bones
    Tiny skeletons for the edgy Necromancers and dark wizards
    Gnome-bones.jpg

Also something like this Small Land Drones-Robots
    small-robot-guard.jpg

Their movements can be sen in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCCsWDjTInA
  • lowery150lowery150 Posts: 11 Arc User
    TBH I feel like Cryptic dropped the ball on sidekicks. Sidekicks should be just as customizable as your Nemesis.

Like the sidekick devices are great and all, but could we have a "custom sidekick" device that you can purchase to summon a character you created? It could be accessed from a database like the Nemesis database, positioned outside or by Champions HQ. You customize their appearance and (to a limited extent) their powers/role. When you purchase the "Sidekick: custom" device, you are able to call them just like you would Indy Kid or whoever, but it's your own sidekick.

That way you no longer have to wish there was "this" sidekick or "that" sidekick, and Cryptic can stop putting resources into adding sidekicks, delegate that responsibility to the player.
    Well, they're coded as summon pets with fixed stats. NW more or less does it that way.

Star Trek Online though? Well Bridge Officers have a massive array of customization options. Heck there are lock box items for adding new Boff powers.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • lowery150lowery150 Posts: 11 Arc User
    > @markhawkman said:
    > Well, they're coded as summon pets with fixed stats. NW more or less does it that way.
    >
    > Star Trek Online though? Well Bridge Officers have a massive array of customization options. Heck there are lock box items for adding new Boff powers.

Saying "this is the way it's coded" should not deter any suggestions.

People moaned about CoH not having customizable powers for years, they just kept saying "you can't because of the way it's coded"

Then Champions was released and within months CoH had customizable powers.
    lowery150 wrote: »
    > @markhawkman said:
    > Well, they're coded as summon pets with fixed stats. NW more or less does it that way.
    >
    > Star Trek Online though? Well Bridge Officers have a massive array of customization options. Heck there are lock box items for adding new Boff powers.

Saying "this is the way it's coded" should not deter any suggestions.

People moaned about CoH not having customizable powers for years, they just kept saying "you can't because of the way it's coded"

Then Champions was released and within months CoH had customizable powers.
    Yeah but having to re-do the system would require giant masses of work. Sure, it COULD happen, but something smaller scale would be quicker for the devs to do and more likely to actually get made.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters