test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20190924.28 - Bloodmoon week 2

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
Bloodmoon
  • Added Syringe and Dark Cowl costumes to the event store.
  • Added Thorns Shield device to the event store.
  • Added Delirious and Infection mods to the event store.

Comments

• Options
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Added Thorns Shield device to the event store.

is this going to be a PRIMUS spark shield for melee attacks? if so, i hope it reflects more damage than spark shield does, because that reflects both melee AND ranged attacks​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    The description on the Thorn Shield is worded odd. Might want to check it.

15% of the damage you is dealt back to the attacker as Toxic damage.

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Hrr... multiple hitback devices seem problematic, primus spark shield is already pretty much a must-have for tanking. Maybe limit to only one device in that class (or make it a defensive core).
  • Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    odzONHS.jpg
    The limit has already been set. The Hit-Me device that was slotted last will have their effect working while the previous device is disable. The mods are just Threat/No Threat mods, but with Toxic. It might be handy for those DE tanks.
    Post edited by qawsada on
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
    Hrr... multiple hitback devices seem problematic, primus spark shield is already pretty much a must-have for tanking. Maybe limit to only one device in that class (or make it a defensive core).

They don't stack, it's one or the other.
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Kinda surprised the Thorn Shield isn't Piercing/Slashing. Cuz you know...Thorns?

And yay...more dmg-specific mods...
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Actually, this (Thorn Shield) is something I would like! Although it isn't a shovel... or a witch hat that could be used with someone that has hair (even the hairs from the ol' time where you'd have to change the costume tab to 'Headgear' clip with it. Yep, the hairs made to work with hats clip with the witch hat)... but it'll do!
    Post edited by lunnylunny on
  • Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Bloodmoon
    • Added Thorns Shield device to the event store.

What would be the difference between using Thorns Shield vs Primus Spark Shield? I thought most villains had flat defense ratings for all damage types?

*Just thought about debuffs and I supposed an enemy with a specific damage debuff would take more damage from one device or the other.

**The new costume pieces look awesome too btw!
    Post edited by spookyspectre on
  • Options
    panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Didn't read properly and thought thorn shield was a costume and got excited for my druid character, but this is cool too!

Also those syringe gloves are 100% going to be mine.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    What would be the difference between using Thorns Shield vs Primus Spark Shield? I thought most villains had flat defense ratings for all damage types?

Well, if it's toxic damage, that means it works with debilitating poison. Other than that, the only difference is what you pay with to get the device.
This discussion has been closed.