test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gatling Gun

I can't seem to find cosmetics for the Gatling Gun power.

Can I get some names to search for?

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    There aren't any...
    Except the one with the teddybear from the Harajuku Twins pack.
    And the Imaginary Minigun from Foxbatcon.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    We need some great new anime-inspired gatling gun models.
    Storm.Trooper.%28Rose%29.full.2045296.jpg
    Kirisame.Marisa.full.1135566.jpg
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    No, Spinny, we really don't.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • areeeareee Posts: 817 Arc User
    Well poop.
    jonsills wrote: »

Yes jon, we really, really do.
  • jellycupsowbugjellycupsowbug Posts: 358 Arc User
    The z store has a weapon skin pack with the Gatling Gun model that is used by Viper mobs.
    Still waitin' for the Qulaar minigun skin, yo.
    :#
  • Still hoping for a gatling gun skin of a guitar case for our mariachi homage.
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    We need some great new anime-inspired gatling gun models.
    Storm.Trooper.%28Rose%29.full.2045296.jpg
    Kirisame.Marisa.full.1135566.jpg

Gotta agree with this. The skins we have are very wimpy looking. I want stupid, oversized, murder machine guns. Not the boxed shaped squirt guns we have.
    I know how to get some legs under this idea..... Catling Gun skin
    QkK0pa8f_5SMRiXAteW86pY6a-wuD_pb_F7E3gTvApc.jpg?auto=webp&s=fc36f8bb597a4e159a0e824cda895de154db85d5
    your move Kaizerin uwu
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Or Roin'esh. That one would look like it's growing out of your arm and fire lumps of black goo.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • mastercontrol7mastercontrol7 Posts: 181 Arc User
    it also needs a buff but that just me.
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User

Sorry, going to have to agree with Spinny on this one. We really, really do need more minigun skins, including anime inspired ones.
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    These are the ones I have access to. No idea where to get them. Maybe others will remember.

Modern Conventional Minigun 2
    QcumgFt.jpg?2
    Harajuku
    Red2aPx.jpg?1
    Imaginary Minigun
    T9NTQ39.jpg?1
    Modern Conventional Minigun 1
    4IwVh0o.jpg?1
    Modern Conventional Minigun 3
    iZ0I2Jc.jpg?1
    Modern Conventional Minigun 4
    YlEcdg0.jpg?1
    TCB Gravitational Interference Generator
    7Aot1Jo.jpg?1

• alt0angel0skalt0angel0sk Posts: 137 Arc User
    needs more bigger miniguns !!!
    edited October 2019
    Harajuku is from the Harajuku Twins sidekick pack. May be in AH.
    Imaginary Minigun is from Foxbat event store.
    TCB Gravitational Interference Generator is in Z-store ranged weapons pack.
    Rest are default models.
    Qularr minigun Power Replacer.
    QularrMinigun.jpg
    No skin unlock.... YO DEVS!

• vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    ^ Oooh.. that is pretty! So you can use the replacer, but it doesn't unlock a skin?! That sucks!

Someone sent me this unlock.. but I wasn't playing much, so I gave it away. Damn these rare moments of generous spirit that afflict me! >:O
    I know how to get some legs under this idea..... Catling Gun skin
    QkK0pa8f_5SMRiXAteW86pY6a-wuD_pb_F7E3gTvApc.jpg?auto=webp&s=fc36f8bb597a4e159a0e824cda895de154db85d5
    your move Kaizerin uwu

This gives me Flash backs of Postal 2
    Or Roin'esh. That one would look like it's growing out of your arm and fire lumps of black goo.

Any weapons that look like they're growing out of our arms is a plus in my book.
    edited October 2019
    [Deleted double post]
    Post edited by dialamx on
  • gameongameon Posts: 55 Arc User

YES! WE DO!

Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!
    Especially the gatling cat-gun! <3
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    There are two minigun power replacers (the qularr, mentioned above, and the VF-7 'Torchie' Flamethrower), but neither one has a costume unlock.
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    There are two minigun power replacers (the qularr, mentioned above, and the VF-7 'Torchie' Flamethrower), but neither one has a costume unlock.
    I was going to say something about the Ghostbuster gun, but I checked and found that it's a Submachine Gun replacer instead.
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    The flamethrower skin selection is even more bizarre... you can use the flamethrower, or a few GG skins... but not all. You can't even use the z-store tech GG skin, which is the only one that actually looks like a flamethrower.
    Ooooh! Guitar Case Gatling Gun!
    I WANTS!
    edited November 2019
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    mexicoFlames.jpeg

• First of all they should make that power actually deal some meaningful damage...
    "In a horror story, there are only victims and monsters, and the trick is not to end up as either." A.Wake
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    mexicoFlames.jpeg

YES!
    ALL OF IT!
    <3:3<3
    First of all they should make that power actually deal some meaningful damage...

I mean, it's pretty good at shredding groups from long range already.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    It might be good to make it one hit per tic instead of 4, as the 4 hits doesn't do anything but make it worse against invulnerability-type defenses (which are rare) and produce floating number spam.
  • spinnytop wrote: »
    First of all they should make that power actually deal some meaningful damage...

Not really, it's dps is atrocious and area of effect is tiny.
    "In a horror story, there are only victims and monsters, and the trick is not to end up as either." A.Wake
    edited November 2019

It's fairly standard damage and area for 100 range aoes, not counting PA. Not sure what you're hoping for out of that class of power.

It's fairly standard damage and area for 100 range aoes, not counting PA. Not sure what you're hoping for out of that class of power.

I expect their weighing of 100 range/aoe powers to change. They are simply not worth using at all with such severe nerfs to their dps based on facts of them being 100 range/aoe. Thats why we never see anyone use gattling gun anywhere, ever.

I expect their weighing of 100 range/aoe powers to change. They are simply not worth using at all with such severe nerfs to their dps based on facts of them being 100 range/aoe. Thats why we never see anyone use gattling gun anywhere, ever.

I see other people using it at cosmics dude.

May be some archetypes that don't have much choice anyway, sure. Freeforms? The only reason they may use it is to screw up and be useless on purpose for entire cosmic group of people around them by failing dps checks.

May be some archetypes that don't have much choice anyway, sure. Freeforms? The only reason they may use it is to screw up and be useless on purpose for entire cosmic group of people around them by failing dps checks.

You're nuts.

You're nuts.

Always thought the same way about you, hah.

You're nuts.

well, Gatling is not the best in choice for FF, At least not anymore, unless for Theme of course, But for an AT it a very good choice, better than using shotgun for sure.

Gatling gun is only kinda good as tool then DPS in some cases, yes it is good but not good enough, assault rifle can pretty much outperform Gatling gun due to the fact it has a higher damage output and can be mobile while Gatling is a Static placement attack power with a half of the second delay of activation, that SHOULD be outperforming assault rifle even more for those Costs like doing 2k+ for two times of damages per half a second, but it Don't, it only REAL pro is long-range debuffing and extra, and the fact that how defender glove is made now, it's completely incompatible with Gatling gun and would be suicide to use as a tank or other, in some cases, and that reason alone is why I no longer use it anymore, unless I'm completely bored out of my mind. or AT again Course.

PS. Gatling doesn't work well with any of the OV offense gear so I can Only see Small reason why only a Few would want use it unless AT users since again Gatling gun is better than a shotgun.

that not a very fair statement, or really true you can beat a Dino DPS check with Gatling gun just as MOST range maintain attacks, However! you will only be covering your own check UNLESS you have something extra backing it up I.E devices.

Don't let the numbers full you say if you able to do 415 you doing that 4 times per ever half a second, then time that by 9. you will see you be doing enough to cover your own check with only using merc gear with rank5-6 mods with Ego&Dex

this is posted due to avoid build discrimination. [ Since this is almost a semi-common myth]
    well, Gatling is not the best in choice for FF, At least not anymore, unless for Theme of course, But for an AT it a very good choice, better than using shotgun for sure.

Gatling gun is only kinda good as tool then DPS in some cases, yes it is good but not good enough, assault rifle can pretty much outperform Gatling gun due to the fact it has a higher damage output and can be mobile while Gatling is a Static placement attack power with a half of the second delay of activation, that SHOULD be outperforming assault rifle even more for those Costs like doing 2k+ for two times of damages per half a second, but it Don't, it only REAL pro is long-range debuffing and extra, and the fact that how defender glove is made now, it's completely incompatible with Gatling gun and would be suicide to use as a tank or other, in some cases, and that reason alone is why I no longer use it anymore, unless I'm completely bored out of my mind. or AT again Course.

PS. Gatling doesn't work well with any of the OV offense gear so I can Only see Small reason why only a Few would want use it unless AT users since again Gatling gun is better than a shotgun.

Assault rifle with the AoE advantage only hits 3 targets, while Gatling Gun hits 5, so yeah no... gatling gun > assault rifle. Assault Rifle is more versatile, but when it comes to sheer power Gatling Gun wins it.
  • fallendevil17386fallendevil17386 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Yeah gatling gun may have average damage but it doesn't mean it's useless. My main FF munition theme character use the gatling gun,not as main damage dealer but as a support for my Assault Rifle. My toon is really dependant to furious (for the crit chance and bit of healing). Gatling gun and it's advantages Listen To Reason can be a refresher for the furious stacks, with that I can use the furious as long as I want,if I'm not messing it up lol. And for AOE,why you use gatling gun? You can use bullet hail or smg burst. It may has a medium range (50ft) but it has 75 degree cone,5 targets and wall of bullets as advantages for more survivability,r2 and wall of bullet should be fine for you. :)
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    It is true, gatling gun's dps is pretty useless. I would never take it based on the batshit stupid cost, versus the pitiful dmg that it does. But imo assault rifle's dps is also terrible, and it's not worth using.
    [NbK]XStorm
    edited December 2019
    nbkxs wrote: »
    It is true, gatling gun's dps is pretty useless. I would never take it based on the batshit stupid cost, versus the pitiful dmg that it does. But imo assault rifle's dps is also terrible, and it's not worth using.

Yeah. 99% of Munitions is a joke compared to other powers and such, but it the price one person must pay if they wanted different skin attacks, But! to get the best out of Attack you have to lose that luxury when picking a better attack power. IG: TK-Lance, Defile, and Force Cascades, etc, that's just Sad really...

sorry for the Late reply.
  • pallierpallier Posts: 78 Arc User
    nbkxs wrote: »

Yeah. 99% of Munitions is a joke compared to other powers and such, but it the price one person must pay if they wanted different skin attacks, But! to get the best out of Attack you have to lose that luxury when picking a better attack power. IG: TK-Lance, Defile, and Force Cascades, etc, that's just Sad really...

sorry for the Late reply.

well munitions is one of the free set of powers available to new players. you can't expect the free stuff to be the most powerful stuff. they save that for the locked archetypes so they can make money. I would like to see some new boosting powers tho in the power pool for freeform so that the free power sets do get buffed to do as much as the paid. that way people that buy a freeform slot or that subscribe lifetime can choose the stuff that is free powers and still boost the damage up.

Oh Atari how I miss you!
    pallier wrote: »
    well munitions is one of the free set of powers available to new players. you can't expect the free stuff to be the most powerful stuff. they save that for the locked archetypes so they can make money.

Hooray! New conspiracy theories! I'll get my tinfoil hat launcher!
  • jarfarujarfaru Posts: 91 Arc User
    I can't remember what it was but a long time ago i got a weapons pack with swords and guns. I have alot of skins for all of them. If anyone remembers this pack list it here. This was years ago. I kind of want to say it had something to do with the penthouse flat.
    jarfaru wrote: »
    I can't remember what it was but a long time ago i got a weapons pack with swords and guns. I have alot of skins for all of them. If anyone remembers this pack list it here. This was years ago. I kind of want to say it had something to do with the penthouse flat.

Was it the uh... Ranged Weapons Pack?
    It included range and melee weapons in one pack.
    did this pack come out of the store, or somewhere else?
    Sorry i can't remember if it did or not. I do know that it let you put the weapons on display in the pent house loft that they were selling at the time which i bought.