test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Champions needs Ingame GM's/Devs

I think the game needs ingame Gm's/Devs, as the Zone Chat gets more and more toxic every day and a lot of people get harassed for the look or concept of their characters.
The main problem - in my opinion - is, that those Trolls know that there is not really any kind of monitoring/supervision of the Chats.
Also writing a report ticket is basically useless - you get a message from Cryptic if you want to add something - otherwise the report will be closed.
I have several friends that were bullied ingame all the time, there are groups who are literally specialized on doing that, choosing targets and harassing them afterwards.
I also know at least 4 players who stopped playing the game because of such Trolls/Bullies.
And to make it clear - I'm not some SJW, Snowflake or something like that, I just don't want to read racist, facist (talking about genocides, KZ's for Furries for example) or downward insulting stuff in chats, only because those people know that there will be no consequences.
Characters: Cybrax - DJ of SinAmatic Entertainment Radio - http://my.powerstream.live:8800/

Comments

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Zone chat is particularly awful atm.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    I'm so sick and disgusted with the Homophobic biggots and EDGY kids who wish death over communities in the zone chat lately
    Having it open to know the location of MC event bosses was a mistake​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    They seem to allow trolls to flourish in all areas of the game
  • fermifermi Posts: 117 Arc User
    How would this logistically work? There are a dozen zones, often with multiple instances. It seems like it would require either a huge crew or the acceptance that most stuff would be unmonitored anyway, yes? And where exactly is the line for enforcement? It's all well and fine to say 'no bad stuff' but an actual moderator - and the players - will need well-defined standards.

I'm not being a nay-sayer... it's just that the devil is often in the details.
    edited October 2019
    The line for enforcement will never really be up to the players, but rather PW/Cryptic themselves.

I would hope that hate speech and discriminatory language is inappropriate, as well as threatening or harassing another player.
    These are the basics that should be adhered to imo, and aren't being adhered to currently .

I get that they are open to interpretation, but that would be up to GMs and Cryptic/PW to come up with their definitions and how to enforce them.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Perhaps actually being in the game would be a start
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    fermi wrote: »
    How would this logistically work? There are a dozen zones, often with multiple instances. It seems like it would require either a huge crew or the acceptance that most stuff would be unmonitored anyway, yes?

While there are indeed multiple areas of the game with their own separate chat rooms, just monitoring the MC zone chat would address the vast majority of what is being complained about, as that is where it mostly happens since that is the area with the most players gathered.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mastercontrol7mastercontrol7 Posts: 181 Arc User
    fermi wrote: »
    How would this logistically work? There are a dozen zones, often with multiple instances. It seems like it would require either a huge crew or the acceptance that most stuff would be unmonitored anyway, yes? And where exactly is the line for enforcement? It's all well and fine to say 'no bad stuff' but an actual moderator - and the players - will need well-defined standards.

I'm not being a nay-sayer... it's just that the devil is often in the details.

that not really a problem if they will have to be anywhere all they need to be at is Millennium City zone, since that will be the most popular, and there are ways to keep track of zone and multiple locations, and if anything they can always make a tool/app to keep track of those things mentioned.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    2 of the more money making games don't have Zone monitoring/Troll hunting GMs. Why CO be any different.
    Since those people need to be paid for their job and ...you know....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    get free volunteers - i nominate VEXX​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    I vote a qualified PWI employee.
    I vote a qualified PWI employee.

:+1:

zrdRBy8.png
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Qualified mercenary available right here! *Raises hands to the heavens to receive bannhammer and bag of cash*
    edited October 2019
    Free volunteers won't receive bag of cash...
    Probably just a emote:
    giphy.gif
    Yeah, player volunteers, that won't end in disaster /s
  • navi's been around for years and it hasn't ended in disaster yet​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    navi's been around for years and it hasn't ended in disaster yet​​

Still waiting for him to start.

but he is an employee, not some player who volunteers.
  • People will say things for attentions and if you don't want to hear them the ignore button is one click away.
    There are other ways to troll @combatant#3505
  • I know there are other ways to troll. I have seen people troll cosmics but that doesn't happen that often. I just want to offer at least one option. @ealford1985

Technically it started with disaster, if you remember a certain something something
  • i started playing in mid-2012 for about 3 months and came back when they gave away that freeform slot...no, i don't remember a certain something something that probably took place at the game's launch​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    i started playing in mid-2012 for about 3 months and came back when they gave away that freeform slot...no, i don't remember a certain something something that probably took place at the game's launch​​

Navi didn't join at game launch tho

He's not a player, he's a PW employee.

zrdRBy8.png
  • loopy97#4034 loopy97 Posts: 2 Arc User
    May I remind you people. No one is trying to offend you. It's simply.. Satire. I screencap everything. I would advise ignoring them or growing thicker skin.
    timey97 wrote: »
    May I remind you people. No one is trying to offend you. It's simply.. Satire. I screencap everything. I would advise ignoring them or growing thicker skin.

crazy-laugh-gif.gif
    edited October 2019
    May I remind you people.

Here we go. Listen up "you people".
    No one is trying to offend you. It's simply.. Satire.

Netflix Series incoming.

I screencap everything.

"everything" . What a bizarre practice, I wonder why?

I would advise ignoring them or growing thicker skin.

Yeah, shut up and stop complaining you marginalised groups who these trolls target. "Muh Free Speech!"

zrdRBy8.png
    edited October 2019
    I've never seen that before. It's genius and very true of that mindset
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited October 2019
    "It's just a joke *********." - some guy in zone, probably.
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    May I remind you people. No one is trying to offend you. It's simply.. Satire.
    Quite the blanket statement there! Wait is this post satire? Is some kind of satire-ception ongoing? O_o

• fermifermi Posts: 117 Arc User
    I get harassed mostly in personal messages, and I can assure whomever got on my case that I am absolutely trying to offend you back. I think of it as chat PvP.