test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Knock Up Immune Damage Increase?

jaysankjaysank Posts: 45 Arc User
I seem to remember a post listing all of the % damage increases various powers get from hitting a knock immune target. I can't seem to find it, and I'm not really sure how to test it out myself. Does anyone know those percents, or how to test this?

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Unless it's listed in tooltips or you have access to source code, there's no way to know for sure, though Kaizerin has posted numbers in the past so you might be able to find them. You can estimate by using a parser and comparing tooltip values to actual (pre-mitigation) values, but it will be a hassle because most powers have significant random variance.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    My niece used to think she was immune to getting knocked up, but a couple years back she finally managed the trick and now she's growing kid #3.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Unless it's listed in tooltips or you have access to source code, there's no way to know for sure, though Kaizerin has posted numbers in the past so you might be able to find them. You can estimate by using a parser and comparing tooltip values to actual (pre-mitigation) values, but it will be a hassle because most powers have significant random variance.
    Yea, if you're interested in parsing a specific power for this, I'd advise just taking R3 CoAP and not taking a form/toggle, to help reduce variance in the parse. Not having crit/Dex gear and being at the base 2% crit to reduce crit variance is also helpful, though you may still want to put on utility gear that has cost discount on it.

If you want a rough estimate and don't need to be too precise, then you can just disable the toggle/from, use the power a few times on the Regen dummy, ignore any hits that crit, and compare the base dmg values in parenthesis in the combat log vs. the dmg values you see in the tooltip and come up w/ a rough average.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    My niece used to think she was immune to getting knocked up, but a couple years back she finally managed the trick and now she's growing kid #3.

u3u where the heck is the upvote button...
  • jaysankjaysank Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    flowcyto wrote: »
    compare the base dmg values in parenthesis in the combat log vs. the dmg values you see in the tooltip and come up w/ a rough average.

I should have thought of that. By comparing the tooltip to the actual numbers (and hopefully not being influenced by other effects) I should be able to get a rough estimate. I was thinking that I had to find two otherwise identical dummies where one was knock immune and the other wasn't. Now I know that I was just not thinking. Thanks everyone.