test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fix night warrior, fix shadow strike, fix sneak.

colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User
Untie sneak and shadow strike from night warrior, make both powers require a power point. (currently they are entirely free / slapped on because the framework got rushed out.) Turn shadow strike into an ultimate, that damage wise scales with focus and tie night warrior to MA / claw powers. Currently it can be used with any power and that's not good for the balance of the game.

Thank you.

Comments

• chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Just wait until they Fighting Claws get their revamp. Until then, just bear with everyone using it.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • jellycupsowbugjellycupsowbug Posts: 358 Arc User
    Wouldn't that allow Sneak and Shadow Strike on builds with defensive or support passives? It seems like you should at least tie Sneak to Night Warrior, given that the premise of Night Warrior is stealth.

Also, Shadow Strike and the Night Hawk/Night Avenger powers were a mistake. I sort of like them, but they're terrible.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    PvP = nerf “Fix” everything that kills me
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    I am quite pleased with Night Warrior as it is. I just think that Sneak's perception visibility threshold should be much greater and think that Shadow Strike is fairly set where it is.
  • mastercontrol7mastercontrol7 Posts: 181 Arc User
    would it be better, to just ask for the passives to give out ability to see stealth, like Target computer and Way of the Warrior? with adv applied or something. instead of asking for something that will only benefit you?
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Untie sneak and shadow strike from night warrior, make both powers require a power point. (currently they are entirely free / slapped on because the framework got rushed out.) Turn shadow strike into an ultimate, that damage wise scales with focus and tie night warrior to MA / claw powers. Currently it can be used with any power and that's not good for the balance of the game.

Thank you.
    No thanks.

1. Shadow Strike: MA has enough ultimates and one is already literally a single target attack that scales with Focus. We don't need the redundancy of another. Ultimates that scale with only one type of form buff are pretty lame anyway because they limit build creativity. Hard pass on that one.
    2. Tying Night Warrior to Claws: Frankly, this is also pretty bad. WotW already covers MA's needs quite well, and that includes Claws. It'd have to be something better than NW in order to actually incentivize claw users to choose it over WotW, and that's basically power creep. NW is actually just fine as a general-purpose passive that covers power combinations that don't fit neatly into any of the others, even without Sneak/Shadow Strike.
    3. Sneak: This would be fine as its own power, however it probably shouldn't function as it does now. Rather, it should be something like this:
    • Has a cooldown of some kind that activates once you exit stealth
    • Cannot activate while in combat by default
    • AoE threat wipe advantage that increases its cooldown, but allows it to be usable in combat
    • It would need more abilities (a mix of melee and ranged) that gain bonus damage/effects when used from stealth. Or it should probably lose that effect entirely if using the threat wipe advantage.

(Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Make NW a Gadgeteering passive. All the powers it works with are over there already.

Get rid of Sneak. Make all the powers that interact with sneak's stealth currently get their bonuses when you attack while out of combat.

Get rid of Shadow Strike.

Make it no longer affect all damage; pick a few damage types that make sense. Slashing would probably be one, not sure about the others. Maybe crushing and piercing, I dunno.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User
    I replied to all of you, in a nice and polite manner.. Yet my posts seem to be mysteriously disappearing.
    Let's try again:
    would it be better, to just ask for the passives to give out ability to see stealth, like Target computer and Way of the Warrior? with adv applied or something. instead of asking for something that will only benefit you?

It would still take no skill to use shadow strike and it doesn't require any form of set up + deals a flat amount of damage (too easy to use). It's not being abused by everybody and their grandparents for no reason.
    speanoz wrote: »
    I am quite pleased with Night Warrior as it is. I just think that Sneak's perception visibility threshold should be much greater and think that Shadow Strike is fairly set where it is.

Not really, it requires no set up, other than tapping sneak and is an i win button power.
    Wouldn't that allow Sneak and Shadow Strike on builds with defensive or support passives? It seems like you should at least tie Sneak to Night Warrior, given that the premise of Night Warrior is stealth.

Also, Shadow Strike and the Night Hawk/Night Avenger powers were a mistake. I sort of like them, but they're terrible.

I mean untie as in,make it require a power point.
    edited October 2019
    aesica wrote: »
    No thanks.

1. Shadow Strike: MA has enough ultimates and one is already literally a single target attack that scales with Focus. We don't need the redundancy of another. Ultimates that scale with only one type of form buff are pretty lame anyway because they limit build creativity. Hard pass on that one.
    2. Tying Night Warrior to Claws: Frankly, this is also pretty bad. WotW already covers MA's needs quite well, and that includes Claws. It'd have to be something better than NW in order to actually incentivize claw users to choose it over WotW, and that's basically power creep. NW is actually just fine as a general-purpose passive that covers power combinations that don't fit neatly into any of the others, even without Sneak/Shadow Strike.
    3. Sneak: This would be fine as its own power, however it probably shouldn't function as it does now. Rather, it should be something like this:

You realize, NW is supposed to be a passive for fighting claws, right? Currently it can be used on ranged characters and that's not really healthy for the balance of the game because ranged characters already have a huge advantage over melee characters. Regarding shadow strike, it doesn't require any form of set up and just deals a flat amount of damage. If it was an ultimate and scaled with focus, this would not be an issue. A longer cooldown would also be great, since it's usable a bit too frequently.
    You realize, NW is supposed to be a passive for fighting claws, right?

What it is "supposed to be" is subjective, and can change at a moment's notice. Nothing about "night" or "warrior" or the combination strikes me as particularly directed towards claw-type weapons.
    Let's try again:

It would still take no skill to use shadow strike and it doesn't require any form of set up + deals a flat amount of damage (too easy to use). It's not being abused by everybody and their grandparents for no reason.

1. you avoid the question there
    2. this whole game don't take no skill, it a 2009-08 of a game that got alot of exploit's that the devs themselves wish they can fix...
    3. what i mention would had fix your problem like by 80%, instead of it being more of a problem for everyone else
    4. SS isn't really a problem if you got a High con build, it a norm for PVP on this game now days, you know, and know how to block, also invest in alot of Active defense helps.
    5. stealth isn't a problem lot of PVPers used MSA, so you will need intel and that reveals stealth/hidden targets, unless threat wipe is used, so ether you doing something wrong, or just trolling.

edited October 2019
    > @colonelwing said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > You realize, NW is supposed to be a passive for fighting claws, right? Currently it can be used on ranged characters and that's not really healthy for the balance of the game because ranged characters already have a huge advantage over melee characters. Regarding shadow strike, it doesn't require any form of set up and just deals a flat amount of damage. If it was an ultimate and scaled with focus, this would not be an issue. A longer cooldown would also be great, since it's usable a bit too frequently.

That very false info on range vs melee, especially for a glass cannon concept, melee do more damage then range, for you to say that, show you don't know how this game works.

also like spinny said nightwarrior don't have anything to do with claw, in fact nightwarrior is a ref to the bats and the fact he use stealth, nightwarrior only for melee? with that kinda thinking why not just get rid of Freeform then? If that the case.

Better yet, might want to consider playing a different game, that truly more skill based and, not soo cheesy? :/
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Night Warrior/Sneak/Shadow Strike is a bit problematic from a balance perspective, but it's mostly exploited by melee builds; you see the occasional ranged night warrior build because night warrior is pretty good all by itself, but you can't use shadow strike without being in melee range, and shadow strike does gain the +25% benefit from melee dps role, those most other buffs do not affect it much.

A coherent revamp would probably split it into two powers:
    Night Warrior: offensive passive. Grants persistent minor stealth bonus (similar to shadow form).
    Sneak: toggle, grants stealth. Ends if you take damage. If you attack, grants a damage bonus and ends (there are several ways this could be done mechanically).
    Let say this get this out and over with, hopefully, 1 if the untie stealth and shadow strike from nightwarrior, it would NOT! make it more fair for PVP or better for PVE, because tanks and healer will be able to use it, CCing a target is like the best way to Shadow strike, and a healer Crowed control can be hard to breakout,regardless how you broke out the first time, tank as anyone should know will have a fun time knowing they don't have to have 2 passives now, like, Hey! if you fail, all have to worry about is tanking a Few couple of shots, then wait for your turn again, also you can combine both! yay Freeform!

ALSO NOTE: to my analysis you can not increase it damage by Via Forms regardless what they are, unless something special applied, like being melee passive form that give out a over amount of 20k, it works better in melee still! yay! so there really no reason to make it works for only melee. :)

[in layman terms]: the damage stay the same no matter what unless you are complete Melee build.

Would it be a better case for them to just remove it completely? [NO!]
    because that will just lead to them thinking it okay to just Remove powers because some peoples don't like them.

"we remove this [Power] because a group of people say it was overperforming or not balanced"
    "we heard some people ingame saying this [Power] is "OP" we removed it for balance reasons"
    "this [Power] was removed because it was overperforming"

Heck i wouldn't be surprised at them remove a [Power] it because it was underperforming. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

im to say is: if you give them an inch they'll may take a mile...

if yall want a fix for this, here a small idea.... Make shadow strike 1 to 5 Feet instead of it being 10 ft it a Slit Throat Type of attack anyway, and we have to bear in mind of those Drag lag of range this game love to give out

otherwise any other fix for this power\passive would be a waste of time. that could had been on something that way more important. :/
    Let say this get this out and over with, hopefully, 1 if the untie stealth and shadow strike from nightwarrior, it would NOT! make it more fair for PVP or better for PVE
    The point of separating it is that it shouldn't be built into a passive. That doesn't mean additional balancing might not be needed.
    because that will just lead to them thinking it okay to just Remove powers because some peoples don't like them.

"we remove this [Power] because a group of people say it was overperforming or not balanced"
    "we heard some people ingame saying this [Power] is "OP" we removed it for balance reasons"

Heck i wouldn't be surprised at them remove a [Power] it because it was underperforming. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

None of this lines up with reality in any way whatsoever. They've never made any change to the game for any of these reasons, and it's unlikely they ever will.

If they decide to remove Shadow Strike or any other power, it'll be because they determined that it's better for the makeup of the game, not because any given player or group of players said they should.
    That messes with the Night Avenger AT pretty hard. It's a paid AT, too. People are going to feel cheated when their major thematic powers are removed in a forced retcon, and they have to choose which other powers they have to give up to get them back. Then there is also the power tiers and progression. Which powers will get removed entirely in order to shoehorn Sneak and Shadow Strike back in?
    edited October 2019
    Let say this get this out and over with, hopefully, 1 if the untie stealth and shadow strike from nightwarrior, it would NOT! make it more fair for PVP or better for PVE
    The point of separating it is that it shouldn't be built into a passive. That doesn't mean additional balancing might not be needed.

see that the problem... if it do get separated it going to be more of a headache for what reason? it going to be more problematic for people mostly in the PVP for what reason? because it shouldn't be built into a passive? is that really a bad thing? basically you saying, we don't need power that give out more then one, like no more C4 type powers, and powers with ability to change Other powers, with thinking like that it no wonder why we don't have anything interesting or unique in this game if that is the case here.

the balance in this game as of Now is to be compare to a car on a rock.
    ZpI1l1S.jpg

That messes with the Night Avenger AT pretty hard. It's a paid AT, too. People are going to feel cheated when their major thematic powers are removed in a forced retcon, and they have to choose which other powers they have to give up to get them back. Then there is also the power tiers and progression. Which powers will get removed entirely in order to shoehorn Sneak and Shadow Strike back in?

Changing the power progression of an AT when its powers see a major update isn't unusual at all, often losing access to some powers and gaining access to new ones. The Night Avenger will see changes just like any other AT has, so I don't see why you're portraying this as some sort of disastrous outcome.
    with thinking like that it no wonder why we don't have anything interesting or unique in this game if that is the case here.

What's so interesting about Night Warrior? It increases your damage, gives you an attack, and gives you a self-buff that makes other attacks do more damage. Yawn. There are much more interesting things than that in the game.
    Easy to say when you don't have to do any of the work, or take any of the abuse when it upsets players.
    edited October 2019
    spinnytop wrote: »
    with thinking like that it no wonder why we don't have anything interesting or unique in this game if that is the case here.

What's so interesting about Night Warrior? It increases your damage, gives you an attack, and gives you a self-buff that makes other attacks do more damage. Yawn. There are much more interesting things than that in the game.

well...
    1. it give you ability to play as a commando, it give you ability to one shot or severely damaged a target, it's a passive of opportunity can you name one or so that like that?
    2.name me 20 interesting powers within this game that not a device.
    3. hitting the snow hard lately?
    edited October 2019
    Easy to say when you don't have to do any of the work, or take any of the abuse when it upsets players.

Ah, so since I don't have to do any of the work or deal with the reaction of the players, I'm not allowed to make suggestions for changes? Well then, perhaps you should lead by example and start following this ideal yourself and immediately vacate the suggestions section permanently? It's not like you're doing any of the work.
    well...
    1. it give you ability to play as a commando, it give you ability to one shot or severely damaged a target, it's a passive of opportunity can you name one or so that like that?

1. ...play as a commando? eh? not sure what that has to do with shadow strike. Also I can one shot or severely damage a target with lots of powers in the game, and those powers aren't tied to a given passive. If being able to do a lot of damage quickly to a target makes something interesting then the game has a ton of interesting powers in it, many of which are more interesting then "Click button, does damage" Shadow Strike.

2. Click the bottom link in my sig, every power I use in the builds in that post is at least as interesting as Night Warrior, and most of them are more interesting. There's probably more than 20.

3. I don't ski.

and you do?

Anyways, keep this in mind the next time you make a suggestion. You don't have to do any of the work or take any of the abuse when your suggestion isn't the one someone wants, so you have no right to make any sort of suggestion. Right? See ya.

the thing is you not at risk if this game goes down or get even more hated, by the people who playing this game, for the point of this discussion, also you reply without given the Answer and give out half-hearted reply only to try justified the means vs telling how it could had work with such action was to taken in place.

None of this lines up with reality in any way whatsoever. They've never made any change to the game for any of these reasons, and it's unlikely they ever will....

I was hypothetically speaking of course BTW. Of Course it wont happen, but then again it could happen, but there's really isn't any good reason for them to listen to the playerbase if you think about like, silly ideas that will only make things worst for themselves, or ideas that just One-Sided that can backfired, that adds up in to making something more complex then it needed to be... so no they wont really remove something by Public Demands like that however, don't mean they wont do that, and said the did that for that reason, let be real you don't work for this company, you don't know how that company works, let alone within the past 2 years of changes that didn't really help much some powers like, Impressive Physique Before it got it buff [I still think it going to be underused and forgotten] and rocket launcher with the 20 second force full charge to fire, and i never knew rocket launcher need a nerf, hmm also raining lance 25 seconds same story of rocket launcher... that got to be get with Villain tokens that's alot.... wow okay... lot of good choice for that better makeup for the game, huh?

however i understand why rocket launcher was Nerf, it was to be done to funnel players to pay for FreeForm or another AT, besides The soldier AT is free, at least it adds up that way in my head, it a free AT why not make it worst so someone else feel like they need to invest in that Freeform or so, i mean The Night Avenger is a premium, so i don't think it ever going to get a nerf, at least not Nigthwarrior at least not for the way that his topic is on about. i truly think this, and that's sad because people on the Steam starting to look like they are right... it starting to look like a pay to win\not look like you are a leech, kinda game, i guess they need that kinda money i huh?
    edited October 2019

Ah, so since I don't have to do any of the work or deal with the reaction of the players, I'm not allowed to make suggestions for changes? Well then, perhaps you should lead by example and start following this ideal yourself and immediately vacate the suggestions section permanently? It's not like you're doing any of the work.

but yet you are? and your suggestions sucks, don't have anything good to come from it, like at all...
    well...

1. ...play as a commando? eh? not sure what that has to do with shadow strike. Also I can one shot or severely damage a target with lots of powers in the game, and those powers aren't tied to a given passive. If being able to do a lot of damage quickly to a target makes something interesting then the game has a ton of interesting powers in it, many of which are more interesting then "Click button, does damage" Shadow Strike.

"play as a commando? eh? not sure what that has to do with shadow strike."
    of course not, you don't know much about military, nor you good at reading a reply, or are you good at reading anything? you just that dumb? or you only playing dumb? anyway because i just said how i look at shadow strike at the 3rd reply, take a second read at that, instead of going bonkers over small details, that you can't even prove that is true, also those attack powers BTW that not untie to a passive could you snapshot those for me or give me the parser for them? since you already saying they can do more damage then 16k without the need of of stacking up the form, can you do that? cause a lot info on that number 1 reply got a lot of false info, also i was getting at power that can do other things with power, Again you misreading the whole subject, if you trying to be a white-knight at least do a better job at it...

2. Click the bottom link in my sig, every power I use in the builds in that post is at least as interesting as Night Warrior, and most of them are more interesting. There's probably more than 20.

they lame and boring they using merely one powerset type, don't have a AD , and out of date, your Munitions build is very terrible using Breaching Round, Mind the Uniform on shotgun but yet you got listen to reason on Gatling gun, your assault rifle is a single attack instead of using mow em down, yet all your Specializations is focus on Area of Effects, I don't know if i should feels sorry for you, because that is a silly build design at best, that Also only scream: "i want to be top score even if it makes it hard for me." if not just screaming Greed.

I pass. 3o3
    3. I don't ski.

We all know that. u3u

Post edited by mastercontrol7 on
    That messes with the Night Avenger AT pretty hard.
    You'd change the power progression, but the night avenger has already had several of its powers nerfed (appropriately; Gentleman Crush was bad at power balance).
    they lame and boring they using merely one powerset type, don't have a AD , and out of date, your Munitions build is very terrible using Breaching Round, Mind the Uniform on shotgun but yet you got listen to reason on Gatling gun, your assault rifle is a single attack instead of using mow em down, yet all your Specializations is focus on Area of Effects, I don't know if i should feels sorry for you, because that is a silly build design at best, that Also only scream: "i want to be top score even if it makes it hard for me." if not just screaming Greed.

RemorsefulGiddyJabiru-size_restricted.gif

Okay then, thanks for the good laugh but I think we're done here XD
    That messes with the Night Avenger AT pretty hard.
    You'd change the power progression, but the night avenger has already had several of its powers nerfed (appropriately; Gentleman Crush was bad at power balance).

In the post that you quoted I mentioned the need to change the power progression if Night Warrior is split. The post is short, so it seems strange that you would either miss that, or disregard it.

I would like to see a change to the Night Avenger powers, but not that particular change. I don't like the current stealth-state mechanics, and I don't like Shadow Strike, or Strafing Run.

I don't expect any change in the near future, if ever, because the changes that you mention are relatively recent.

RemorsefulGiddyJabiru-size_restricted.gif

Okay then, thanks for the good laugh but I think we're done here XD

you welcome, happy to make you laugh at yourself. ^^

2. this whole game don't take no skill, it a 2009-08 of a game that got alot of exploit's that the devs themselves wish they can fix...
    3. what i mention would had fix your problem like by 80%, instead of it being more of a problem for everyone else
    4. SS isn't really a problem if you got a High con build, it a norm for PVP on this game now days, you know, and know how to block, also invest in alot of Active defense helps.
    5. stealth isn't a problem lot of PVPers used MSA, so you will need intel and that reveals stealth/hidden targets, unless threat wipe is used, so ether you doing something wrong, or just trolling.

1. What question? SS is a freebie power, advantages as you suggested cost power points. It makes no sense.
    2. This game actually takes a whole lot of skill to be good at.
    3. English please.
    4. Not everbody has con, break through and ego sleep are a thing, yes i do have a ranked AD..
    5. INT on a melee?

Commando-Kanger, please stop kangering. SS is problematic in pvp, if you like it, or not.
    Let say this get this out and over with, hopefully, 1 if the untie stealth and shadow strike from nightwarrior, it would NOT! make it more fair for PVP or better for PVE, because tanks and healer will be able to use it, CCing a target is like the best way to Shadow strike, and a healer Crowed control can be hard to breakout,regardless how you broke out the first time, tank as anyone should know will have a fun time knowing they don't have to have 2 passives now, like, Hey! if you fail, all have to worry about is tanking a Few couple of shots, then wait for your turn again, also you can combine both! yay Freeform!

ALSO NOTE: to my analysis you can not increase it damage by Via Forms regardless what they are, unless something special applied, like being melee passive form that give out a over amount of 20k, it works better in melee still! yay! so there really no reason to make it works for only melee. :)

I do not mean make SS and sneak available for other passives, all i said is make it require a power point each / untie it (make it not a freebie power). It should obviously be restricted to the NW passive. To get rid of the ranged NW issue i suggested, make the dmg scale on focus stacks (turn it into an ultimate), aswell as make the NW passive buff MA powers only, that would also be an option.

Ofc it doesn't scale with forms, would buffing a 20k base dmg power be a good idea? They could however, lower the damage (by a lot), enable it to crit, make it scale with forms and all the other fun stuff. The current meta is: Ego sleep, tap sneak, ss - done. That requires little to no skill, at all. If you save your AD / break free, the ss user can just throw in a break through power and you're defeated either way. You don't pvp often, do you?

What's so hard to understand about it?
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    You realize, NW is supposed to be a passive for fighting claws, right?
    If it's supposed to be for fighting claws specifically, why is it a global MA power? I mean sure, it fits the whole Nighthawk theme because he uses claws, but somewhere, the devs specifically decided to not restrict it to Fighting Claws.
    Currently it can be used on ranged characters and that's not really healthy for the balance of the game because ranged characters already have a huge advantage over melee characters.
    How does it upset balance exactly? It's not an optimal passive for ranged, because otherwise, every single ranged character would be using it--kinda like how there's always an AO-of-the-month everyone flocks to. Rather, it's a good option when all other options fail, and honestly that's okay.
    Regarding shadow strike, it doesn't require any form of set up and just deals a flat amount of damage. If it was an ultimate and scaled with focus, this would not be an issue. A longer cooldown would also be great, since it's usable a bit too frequently.
    Form of the Master is a Focus-based form that can be stacked out of combat. You could still keep your form stacked before duels, and probably do something similar in the queued stuff for the most part.

Besides, an ultimate with such strict requirements (Stealth) is a little too specialized.

Honestly I think you're trying too hard when the best answer is something I think most people will probably agree with: Just get rid of SS entirely. Nothing else really needs to be done.

(Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).

oh wow, now you have done it.
    1. What question? SS is a freebie power, advantages as you suggested cost power points. It makes no sense.

I also suggested "or something." like not costing an adv point, or something that could be built into a passive power, or you know, making the extra few slots we have in our powertray to be at least... USEFUL?
    2. This game actually takes a whole lot of skill to be good at.

that's true, like reaction time, hand and eye coordination, as well knowledge of powers as well to know how to manipulate them to such: stack forms out of battle [Range, Healer, Crowd Controller Only BTW], as well knocking and stunning people before they can react, alone with jump or move attack to a target and rooting them in place just so you can give out that high hitter attack so yes it do take a whole lot of skill to be good at this game, with that sense, would that be the same for Shadow Strike? since you can only do it once every 30+seconds and it can be blocked while people would be using an attack that ignores 50% of target resistance? and range don't get these kinds of penetration defenses attacks? Wow, that's fair...
    3. English please.

I only made one error in that sentence...wait, are you using a translator?
    4. Not everbody has con, break through and ego sleep are a thing, yes i do have a ranked AD..

that's irrelevant, you need Constitution to even make yourself a High Tier PVPer, if not be melee with a high set Damage.
    5. INT on a melee?

Don"t Intelligence spec help out with damage and holds? as well as increase stats? Besides there are another way to see stealth targets some of them are powerwise ie lead tempest, also there are mods and gear that give this ability to see stealth too,
    you might have to grind hard or hope you find such thing though...

Commando-Kanger, please stop kangering. SS is problematic in pvp, if you like it, or not.

I Truly never once said Shadow Strike was not a problem on here, in fact, I said:
    what i mention would had fix your problem like by 80%, instead of it being more of a problem for everyone else

NOTE: "more of a problem" meaning I already have seen this as a problem, a problem you not asking to be fixed but asking for it to be made even more worst. if it was to come to light, would affect PVP and PVE side of the game but mostly PVE side of things, so yes it is a problem but what you asking is not going to fix it... at all =/
    I do not mean make SS and sneak available for other passives, all i said is make it require a power point each / untie it (make it not a freebie power). It should obviously be restricted to the NW passive...........

whats the point of that? that like 2 powers being replaced for something else, and you just said people using ego sleep, break thought and shadow strike, so I don't see how that going to change things, and what you said before this, is not Obvious at all, The Fact you only clearing this up NOW is quite funny, because if it wasn't for my reply wouldn't be any clarity of what you really mean, this also shows you don't even what you want, or even know what you are talking about, To me this is nothing more than a Ragepost because you got beating by someone using a gimmick, and want it to be changed to get back at them, what you asked is going to make things worse for yourself and others, cause they would have just had the 2 power untied having it to be used by any passive and used with any power passive, tank and healer galore! this would be even more of a problem for PVP and PVE community but mostly PVP on that case regardless of your clarification, what you also asking is for not only bring no benefits to the game but also Zero benefits to the company like making it Melee exclusive? whats the point of Freeform then? you not asking for a new passive to compete against Nightwarrior or asking for the passive we have right now to be a counter against NightWarrior... [AKA buff a Passive TC and others]
    Ofc it doesn't scale with forms, would buffing a 20k base dmg power be a good idea? They could however, lower the damage (by a lot), enable it to crit, make it scale with forms and all the other fun stuff. The current meta is: Ego sleep, tap sneak, ss - done. That requires little to no skill, at all. If you save your AD / break free, the ss user can just throw in a break through power and you're defeated either way. You don't pvp often, do you?

"Ofc it doesn't scale with forms, would buffing a 20k base dmg power be a good idea?"

considering the fact that melee cant stacks their form out of combat and there isn't a fix/nerf for people stacking buff as a range build, I would say yes...

it's 10 ft Attack that should be lower and got a 30second + Cooldown that also should be higher, and can be already blocked, and part of a Paying Powerset, FreeForm, The Night Avenger, also I don't know about you but I been PVPing since, in 2014, I semi Stop at mid-early 2019, and resuming now due to event, I been taken down by SS before and a lot of times before and really never cared about it one-shotting me because that was part of the game for a long time, in fact, I like that it the only power that can do that, I mean being taken down by a level 32 is quite a shock and embarrassment, but I never once hated it for that.
    What's so hard to understand about it?

Everything... because you asking for it to like what? losing two or three power points for the cost of a passive? really? you make the CCed+SS gimmick, even more of a thing that way, and you go on about it being only for melee but yet works even more when you are a melee but works a little less for range builds, and The Night Avenger is a range and melee build powerset, This Proves again, you don't know what you talking about discrediting yourself even farther, giving less and less reason for this kind of thing to
    even happen or to even pay any attention of what you have to offer, you failed to prove your argument multiple times, when given the chance to do so, I don't even understand why you used the Word: "untie". when you should have just said: "make the passive cost more power points", this is just one of your ideas that halfway thought through, like what about the power being untied? would that mean also you can rank them too? as well as being able to add special advantage? just to think it will give the advantage to keep you in stealth while in combat or Shadow Strike be able to do even more damage then it intended design, you never once have taken in the thought of what are the Pros and Cons of what you asked, you just posted your discussion, and go on the full defensive because you thought your ideas being attacked, And you have the audacity to bring my character name in all of this? Well then
    tenor.gif?itemid=11099992

and yes I do use night warrior and love it. this only passive that fits my Toon Theme, he has Claws for a reason you know... and the concept of the passive is reasonable and decent.

edited October 2019
    aesica wrote: »
    If it's supposed to be for fighting claws specifically, why is it a global MA power? I mean sure, it fits the whole Nighthawk theme because he uses claws, but somewhere, the devs specifically decided to not restrict it to Fighting Claws.

How does it upset balance exactly? It's not an optimal passive for ranged, because otherwise, every single ranged character would be using it--kinda like how there's always an AO-of-the-month everyone flocks to. Rather, it's a good option when all other options fail, and honestly that's okay.

Form of the Master is a Focus-based form that can be stacked out of combat. You could still keep your form stacked before duels, and probably do something similar in the queued stuff for the most part.

Besides, an ultimate with such strict requirements (Stealth) is a little too specialized.

Honestly I think you're trying too hard when the best answer is something I think most people will probably agree with: Just get rid of SS entirely. Nothing else really needs to be done.

The set got rushed out and never really received a pass, aside from lowering the ss dmg from 40k to 20k.

Getting held and blasted by an invisble opponent and things like that.

Time to fix form of the master then.

Nope, it would be super nice.

I haven't even started, yet.

I've been coping with the whole NW disaster since the framework got tacked on, how many more years should i and others have to endure the massive designs flaws it came with?
    [...] Nonesense [...]

No, Kanger. Just no.
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    I do think NW is a bit over-tuned... and not just for PvP. That said, I'm scared of what the devs would do to it.

My preference would be to make more distinctions in player roles... so instead of ranged and melee in the dps roles, we could have brawler, assassin, ranger, and assault. But tying stealth powers directly to a role would make it possible for every player to have a role switch for instant ninja-sneaking. Which seems like it might open a can of worms of Lovecraftian dimensions.
    I've been coping with the whole NW disaster since the framework got tacked on, how many more years should i and others have to endure the massive designs flaws it came with?
    [...] Nonesense [...]

No, Kanger. Just no.

I'm not kanger but if i was him, his words would be: KANGER_SAY.jpg

and the correct word is: "Nonsense"
  • fermifermi Posts: 117 Arc User
    You can't use out-of-combat form-stacking as support for an idea because this is not intended and will eventually be removed.