test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PSA: Dino Tail Swipe attack can be blocked on reaction.

spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
"on reaction" in fighting games means that you started blocking an attack when you saw its animation start, rather than blocking it because you guessed that it was coming. In this video I show that blocking the tail swipe on reaction is possible. You can see that I'm actually in the middle of charging a Roomsweeper when the attack comes and still manage to block in time. Just in case there were people who didn't know this o3o
https://youtu.be/wSd9eFfkX6E
I'm pretty much always going to be behind dino on melee toons from now on cause this makes the fight much more fun and exciting.

Comments

• baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    No one cares, Spinny.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Of course players care. However, the ones that should see this are probably the ones that never visit the forums.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    warcanch wrote: »
    Of course players care. However, the ones that should see this are probably the ones that never visit the forums.​​

Unfortunately true. However any time you see someone claiming that it's unfair how the tail attack doesn't give enough time to block, you can show them this video ^_^

No one cares, Spinny.

baelogventure, voice of the people o3o
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    People shouldn't be standing where they're going to trigger it in the first place! *looks at the stupid, immortal sidekick that just insists on staying right behind it the whole battle*
    [NbK]XStorm
  • spinnytop wrote: »
    I'm pretty much always going to be behind dino on melee toons from now on cause this makes the fight much more fun and exciting.

Well that just sounds like the epitome of a bad idea

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    bm5dIof.png​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    nbkxs wrote: »
    People shouldn't be standing where they're going to trigger it in the first place! *looks at the stupid, immortal sidekick that just insists on staying right behind it the whole battle*

People standing behind the dino doesn't trigger the attack. The attack happens randomly no matter where people are standing.
  • fermifermi Posts: 117 Arc User
    Don't you see? Dino EXPECTS you to attack from the front. That's what it WANTS! You can't play into its game! Punch it where it least expects! Right in the cloaca! BAM!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    How much knock resistance did you have? It looks like you might have blocked the damage but not the knock check (like other effects, must early block to prevent status effects, late block works on damage).
    How much knock resistance did you have? It looks like you might have blocked the damage but not the knock check (like other effects, must early block to prevent status effects, late block works on damage).

Unstoppable + stacking only strength, so quite a bit.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    From experience, Dino seems to trigger tailswipe often when anything is attacking it from behind. (e.g. Sidekicks, players, summons, etc.) It rarely does it when every dps is attacking from the side.

But by all means, let yourself be struck by dino's massive tail~
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    edited October 2019
    But by all means, let yourself be struck by dino's massive tail~

You know I will (´・ω・`)

As far as "it seems to trigger more when" claims... I wonder if it's just that people notice that it triggers more when they get hit by it~
    Post edited by spinnytop on
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    As far as "it seems to trigger more when" claims... I wonder if it's just that people notice that it triggers more when they get hit by it~
    Hard to take statistics, though baby is perfectly happy to swipe at nothing.