test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 10/03/2019

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited October 2019 in Release Notes
10th Anniversary Celebration
  • The Anniversary event is over! The vendor will be sticking around for 1 week, however due to overlapping events the vendor will be available in the Recognition area.

High Noon at Snake Gulch
This event will be running for 1 week.
  • Added L1L-D0GG13 Loyal Sidekick to the event store.

ZEN Store
  • Added Midnight Jester costume to the ZEN store. This costume can be purchased for 1000 ZEN and features some spooky items to start off October!

Misc
  • Updated the look of several of the Champions.

Comments

• colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User
    Too many events, please stop it.
  • danielsan85danielsan85 Posts: 4 Arc User
    What with glitched perks? Can you give us opportunity to achieve them? I'd like to have this party bomb perks. :cry:
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Just sit this one out if ya need a break.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    The Ride never ends! Time to farm those very OP Branding Iron for Instant Click DPS for melee users.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User
    qawsada wrote: »
    The Ride never ends! Time to farm those very OP Branding Iron for Instant Click DPS for melee users.

If you want an "op" ranged device try: Archer's memory. Np, you're welcome.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    373fpu.jpg

There goes my hope for a normal CO week. Anniversary was fun but was letdown when Personal Mags still weren't released. At this point, I wish devs didn't give us growth-users false hope...
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    While heroically saving cats (and then neutering/spaying them) is generally the quickest way to earn currency (if you have a few characters) I still enjoy fighting the robots because we can actually use our travel powers and don't have to adopt weird formations (as at kiga and dino). More wide-ranging group fights like this, please.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited October 2019
    373fpu.jpg

There goes my hope for a normal CO week. Anniversary was fun but was letdown when Personal Mags still weren't released. At this point, I wish devs didn't give us growth-users false hope...

EDIT:
    Saw the Midnight Jester Costume items on PTS. I love the Boots!

EDIT2:
    Sorry, didn't realize I wasn't editing my post and quoted instead. Brain fart! XP
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    You know you don’t have to run events...

Plus PTS is for testing...true they don’t test a lot before live but things don’t always make it. Destroyers throne vehicle comes to mind, bank update...etc etc
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    Ug, no downtime before Blood Moon? Why?
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    The Anni Gifts are not dropping costumes, and there was no indication that that they would stop dropping those items until today, when the flavor text was modified.

Also, because the ToyMaster is still accepting turn-ins, and the vendor is available, the gifts should have continued to drop the regular selection of event items for the extra week as well.

Just sayin'

Also, the Annit Gift flavor text says they cannot drop costumes or action figures outside of the event, but I did get an Action Figure. What they are not dropping is any consumables at all.
    Bug: The Midnight Jester Side Accessory (the feathers) doesn't seem to be available in the tailor for female models. It's available on male models
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • meneshmenesh Posts: 54 Arc User
    Bug
    Toymaster doesn't have his usual cowboy action figure exchange options. Instead, he still has the anniversary ones.

Also, the High Noon event shop still doesn't show if you already have an item unlocked before you have the required amount of Snake Bucks to buy it.
  • Sigh, High Noon appears for the third time this year but the reward is yet another piece tailored for technology, instead of the old West. :/
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    373fpu.jpg

Magnifiers won't work in combat, why bother.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2019
    We'll have the high noon shop on Toy Master next week while the vendor hangs around for a week.

The Anniversary gifts have stated since last year that they do not drop Costumes or Action Figures outside of the event dates.

We'll address the feathers not unlocking for female avatars next week.

Costume unlocks have a blue mask icon if you do not have it unlocked, if you have them unlocked the icon becomes grey. Emotes, Titles and Transforms have a red text flag on the item display if you have them already.
    kaizerin wrote: »

Thank you, much appreciated :+1:

zrdRBy8.png
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    The Anniversary gifts have stated since last year that they do not drop Costumes or Action Figures outside of the event dates.

The gifts aren't dropping anything. I was opening them for the consumables.

I would have opened them last night had I known.

We'll have the high noon shop on Toy Master next week while the vendor hangs around for a week.

Costume unlocks have a blue mask icon if you do not have it unlocked, if you have them unlocked the icon becomes grey. Emotes, Titles and Transforms have a red text flag on the item display if you have them already.

You missed the part where they aren't dropping consumables either.
    I think you must know that is not so. There are a variety of costume pieces that show up as blue even though I can see them in the tailor. One of them is a Demon collar thing, another is a weapon skin from Resistance (forgetting the name). Players would probably be willing to compile a list if there was assurance that it would be looked at and fixed.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2019
    There may be some cases left of old costume unlocks not unlocking account wide (those would be a bug) so you'd see the blue mask on characters you don't have them on. If anybody knows of any of those that should be reported in the bugs forum.

There are some edge cases where a costume may have multiple unlock items or its unlock item was adjusted at some point (I believe the Rocker costume went through this), and that could cause the blue mask to still appear since you haven't unlocked that *version* of it.

Those are extremely rare cases, and none of the Anniversary costumes have that issue. Those cases cannot be fixed unfortunately.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

It's been so long since they said anything about them so I don't see how you would have any hope, false or otherwise, at this point. It'd be like if someone told you they might consider dating you five years ago, and you're still staying single 'just in case'. Claiming that they're stringing you along at this point is just... weird.
  • I unlocked the Teddy costume set with Zen but when it was removed and added to the event store, the costume pieces that appear on the AE all show up as the blue mask for me.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Same for everyone
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    Awww... You guys made an entire costume set just for me :blush:

But seriously. Love the Midnight Jester set.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    ZEN Store
    • Added Midnight Jester costume to the ZEN store. This costume can be purchased for 1000 ZEN and features some spooky items to start off October!
    Thank you for the truly fantastic gimp suit. :D
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    wrathsoul1 wrote: »

Magnifiers won't work in combat, why bother.

Personal Magnifiers work in combat. But you probably never tested it anyway. The only problem with P.Mags is it gets disabled when you get cced.
    spinnytop wrote: »
    *snip*

It's been so long since they said anything about them so I don't see how you would have any hope, false or otherwise, at this point. It'd be like if someone told you they might consider dating you five years ago, and you're still staying single 'just in case'. Claiming that they're stringing you along at this point is just... weird.

I guess I am a fool for hoping devs will keep their promises. This whole thing has made me bitter and cynical but it's a habit of mine to have a silver of hope. I won't stop spamming the reminder every patch notes and tweets.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    edited October 2019
    I guess I am a fool for hoping devs will keep their promises. This whole thing has made me bitter and cynical but it's a habit of mine to have a silver of hope. I won't stop spamming the reminder every patch notes and tweets.

You know what I take it back. Hold on to that hope. Those things got on PTS, we actually got to use them and see their effects and they're still on there. Those things are going live eventually, I guarantee it!

To go back to my analogy, that person who said they might date you five years ago literally talks to you everyday, and sometimes they're like "hey feel my bicep, gettin pretty big right?" owo
  • kaizerin wrote: »

except that icon only appears on the actual costume piece...which you get AFTER you may have already wasted currency on something you already have​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    here_we_go_againhigh.png
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User

The Personal Magnifiers coming out is tied to Cryptic being able to take in negative feedback (negative feedback that arose from their own actions if we are being honest here) and acting upon it, something which has not been a common practice for the company in recent years, unless there was a major outcry or a secondary outside force posing a threat that could intensify the consequences of turning a blind eye to said criticism (eg. CoX private server popping up around the time character sorting was arbitrarily changed)

While lack of actions related to complicated stuff such as animating or programming can be understandable and even forgiven due to the CO division's team size, this has not even been the case for simple stuff such as "look this number is smaller than this other number and it doesn't make sense, here, me and 10 other people have multiple charts with proof" or "this power has an unfair restriction that this other power which behaves exactly the same does not have".

So enjoy the game for what it currently is, keeping your fingers crossed that a sudden whim might not render your build or character useless to run the same old content that you've been able to run for the past 3 years and save your hopes and expectations for elsewhere. Game is not going down but it's also going nowhere.​​
  • leuchadegoutiereleuchadegoutiere Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    On latest news, personal magnifiers were blocked by Cryptic's marketing team until they find how to advertise them.

Totally unrelated to taking criticism or not.
    @Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on
    Is there a plan to add consumables back to the drop table for the Anni-gifts?
  • meneshmenesh Posts: 54 Arc User

The Gunslinger AT doesn't show if it's already unlocked.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    There may be some cases left of old costume unlocks not unlocking account wide (those would be a bug) so you'd see the blue mask on characters you don't have them on. If anybody knows of any of those that should be reported in the bugs forum.

There are some edge cases where a costume may have multiple unlock items or its unlock item was adjusted at some point (I believe the Rocker costume went through this), and that could cause the blue mask to still appear since you haven't unlocked that *version* of it.

Those are extremely rare cases, and none of the Anniversary costumes have that issue. Those cases cannot be fixed unfortunately.
    What about Jeweled Mask 2? It doesn't seem to be unlocking at all. The item just tells me I already have it, but I don't.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited October 2019
    On latest news, personal magnifiers were blocked by Cryptic's marketing team until they find how to advertise them.

Totally unrelated to taking criticism or not.

They don't market anything else, why is this suddenly a concern? Just stick em in the Z Store, say "Hey look a new shiny dumb thing buy it nerds!". Done. Marketing 101. The target audience for these things is already frothing at the crotch to buy them.
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    ...frothing at the crotch...

This... I like this :lol:
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    That Midnight Jester costume is exquisite! Great job. Also, thanks fir adding another animal sidekick!!!
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    They don't market anything else, why is this suddenly a concern? Just stick em in the Z Store, say "Hey look a new shiny dumb thing buy it nerds!". Done. Marketing 101. The target audience for these things is already frothing at the crotch to buy them.

You have a very selfish view of things and a lack of foresight.

Personal magnifiers have legit concerns from a customer point of view. Magnifiers are vanity items. By definition, vanity is to show oneself. It's one of the pillar of the appearance business. Imagine someone's not having a fetish on big toons, discovering personnal magnifiers are just on self screen ? Yuk, nope, I'm not paying for that. Or worse, I want a refund since I discovered others don't see me BIG after my purchase !

And you should remember, even on the part of the audience who is waiting for them, there were concerns about them being personal. The amount of "too bad it's only on ones screen" was countless when magnifiers were tested on PTS. So, now imagine the reaction of average Joe...
    @Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on
    edited October 2019
    You have a very selfish view of things and a lack of foresight.

How can it be selfish when I don't even want the things? I make small cute characters ~3~
    Personal magnifiers have legit concerns from a customer point of view. Magnifiers are vanity items. By definition, vanity is to show oneself. It's one of the pillar of the appearance business. Imagine someone's not having a fetish on big toons, discovering personal magnifiers are just on self screen ? Yuk, nope, I'm not paying for that. Or worse, I want a refund since I discovered others don't see me BIG after my purchase !

You're reading too much into "Vanity Items" I think. Magnifiers are in the "Fun' category of the store, so it's less about vanity and more about some people having fun making their toons super big. Quite a few of those people it seems are pretty low on vanity since they understand that being huge is a PITA for other players, so they themselves suggested making personal magnifiers so they can have their "size fun" while not shoving their huge butts in other people's faces. I don't think I've actually seen a single "size fun" person ( well, except maybe one ) who wasn't on board with the idea.

You could have discovered that other people can't see your growth by reading the description in the Z store before purchasing. They can account for people who don't RTFM by just having a giant bright red message in the store "ONLY YOU WILL SEE THE GROWTH NOBODY ELSE". Solved.
    And you should remember, even on the part of the audience who is waiting for them, there were concerns about them being personal. The amount of "too bad it's only on ones screen" was countless when magnifiers were tested on PTS. So, now imagine the reaction of average Joe...

So you think because the magnifier is personal, those people would rather not have it at all? What kind of logic is that? "Oh other people might enjoy this but I won't so it's better if it doesn't exist." People who want a growth item that other people can see can just use the magnifiers that other people can see, that are currently in the game, live. The thing they want already exists, just not on a level that ruins other people's QOL.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    High Noon at Snake Gulch
    This event will be running for 1 week.
    Added L1L-D0GG13 Loyal Sidekick to the event store.
    STEAMPUNK DOGGO
    Too bad there are no new steampunk costumes... Please make new unlock for Gear Sword available Martial Art Blades and TK Blades
    ZEN Store
    Added Midnight Jester costume to the ZEN store. This costume can be purchased for 1000 ZEN and features some spooky items to start off October!
    1000 Zen for THIS? I have already Jester and Harlequin costumes made with better combination of costumes
    The last new Zen store costume we got was STRANGE DEITY SET in October 2018 I may add (which ALSO costs 1000 Zen)
    b0e.png​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited October 2019
    Thanks for your reply Spinny, but you still miss the point.

It's not about people behaviour toward the magnifiers. It's about business practice.

It's not about people behaviour toward the magnifiers. It's about business practice.

Must be a terrible business practice to postpone it's release for more than a year. Be real though, if other peeps can see PMags, they'd just complain on how they can't see themselves and suggest that it should be removed. It's better for those who like to be big to be kept for themselves. Because other people won't care or let them have their fun and will be burned at the stake if given the opportunity. Hence why it's better to make it PERSONAL Magnifiers.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    You could have took advantage of the HYPE for Godzilla: King of all monsters to release the Personal Magnifiers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    You know, like the way you always release stuff during super hero releases to take advantage of the hype

The Kaiju fanbase is freaking massive and so is the giant Mecha​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited October 2019

Your argument was almost entirely about how people would react towards the magnifiers. If it's not about that, then why did you focus so heavily on it? Maybe it's not about that now because you realized it was a bad argument... so now your argument is "It's about business practice".

Which business practice is it about specifically? I mean, if it has to do with not releasing it until they know how to market it, just look at the Midnight Jester costume. They released that without any specific type of marketing. Just dropped it right in the store, during an event that has nothing to do with jesters. If that's the benchmark for proper marketing, then why not just do the same thing with Personal Magnifiers. They'd be putting the same business practice into effect for PMs that they did for the MJ costume.

I mean hell, what kind of a business practice is it to delay a product with guaranteed day-one sales for over a year? People are putting orders in right now! "No but we need to market it otherwise people won't buy it..."
    My guess is that it is loosely tied in to the release of the Joker movie that came out this week.
    Which business practice is it about specifically? I mean, if it has to do with not releasing it until they know how to market it, just look at the Midnight Jester costume. They released that without any specific type of marketing. Just dropped it right in the store, during an event that has nothing to do with jesters. If that's the benchmark for proper marketing, then why not just do the same thing with Personal Magnifiers. They'd be putting the same business practice into effect for PMs that they did for the MJ costume.

JwLmWoa.png
    edited October 2019
    Yeah... you can see how loosely by looking at the costume :P
    If that's the standard then Avianos should be hired as their new marketing person cause he nailed it with King of the Monsters.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Or worse, I want a refund since I discovered others don't see me BIG after my purchase !

Here is a BIG BRAIN thought: don't put them in Z-Store. There, I saved you 4 years of PR and marketing career
    "Marketing department" (cause lol if we even have one of those when this game has not been promoted or advertised at all in 9 out of it's 10 years) should also realise that they lost quite a handful of regular zen buyers by damaging their image by a)removing a feature and b)promising something and lieing about it. And halfway through that last sentence I realised that if taken out of context it could be referencing to more than just Personal Magnifiers. So good job CO's marketing department!

Also, was the "CO marketing department" the one that decided to set my Personal Magnifier PTS thread intended to discuss and bugtest said Personal Magnifiers to sink, aka new posts on the thread do not refresh it up the topic list? Cause if CO's marketing department wanted to get feedback on the reception of said items to decide whether it was marketable or not, wouldn't it be counterintuitive to hide it from people's view? (and before someone comes to WK and say something dumb like "forums sometimes act weird" don't bother, an ex-forum mod confirmed me the forums have an option to tag topics to "sink" as a way of shadow ban and it cannot be set or removed by forum moderators)​​