test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Revamped Might Tank

nafeariannafearian Posts: 48 Arc User
Okay so hoping this doesn't double post as there seemed to be an issue on first upload.

Essentially looking to update my tank build with all the new changes (been away a few months).

This is the build I'm looking to change to:

Issei Tank - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
v3.41:33

Super Stats
Level 6: Strength (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Devastator (Str: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
Level 6: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)
Level 9: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 12: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 15: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
Level 18: Enduring (Con: 8)
Level 21: Paramilitary Training (Str: 3, Con: 3, Rec: 3, End: 3)

Powers
Level 1: Clobber
Level 1: Enrage (Giant Growth)
Level 6: Mighty Leap (Rampant)
Level 8: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Aggressor
Level 17: Resurgence (Rank 2)
Level 20: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 23: Head Butt
Level 26: Haymaker (Rank 2, Rank 3, Challenge!)
Level 29: Arc of Ruin (No Quarter, Wildfire, Challenge!)
Level 32: Endorphin Rush (Rank 2, Can't Stop Me)
Level 35: Pulverizer
Level 38: Unleashed Rage (Rank 2, Rank 3, Commanding Presence)
Adv. Points: 35/36

Travel Powers
Level 6:
Level 35:

Specializations
Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
Strength: Quick Recovery (2/2)
Strength: Brutality (2/2)
Strength: Juggernaut (3/3)
Protector: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Protector: Unrelenting (2/2)
Protector: Bulwark (2/2)
Protector: Resolute (3/3)
Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
Warden: Elusive (2/2)
Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
Mastery: Protector Mastery (1/1)

Devices

Here's my main questions for the build;

1. Is it worth having more than one AD? since they changed the CDs there doesn't seem to be a point other than for variety/circumstance.
2. Is having an interrupt essential? Most tanks seem to have them - I understand the use but for the challenging fights such as Cosmics, interrupts don't seem to work on enemies of that tier anyway.
3. presumably (if keeping the interrupt) it wouldn't be worth taking the challenge advantage as its already on my three main damaging attacks and doesn't apply a separate challenge?
4. Was very eager to replace invulnerability with defiance for almost double the damage resistance and because of the extra 4 advantage points not required to put into maxing def - only found out today they've changed that. Not sure its worth taking now when invulnerability also has the flat damage reduction as well for tanking lots of mobs (feels like the build would have to change considerably to account for defiance, like taking Impressive Physique for the shield).
5. Does defiance have any energy bonus? Would prefer not to take the EU but struggle with energy atm unless very frequently blocking (perhaps I could switch to force shield with the lingering advantage to solve this?).
6. Is it worth orienting the build towards reckless and maybe taking call to battle? I like the buff/debuff + taking the advantage for increased 30% base dmg on haymaker would I assume be better than just rank 3 - thinking it might be a pain to keep it applied though with my current power setup.

Would greatly appreciate any feedback/advice!

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    1. Generally no, all ADs go on and come off cooldown at the same time. There is an argument to be made that having Resurgance plus an AD that increases mitigation (MD, Indestructable ) could be useful since sometimes you just want an ohsht button that refills your health, and other times you're trying to survive a period of greatly increased incoming damage. If you're short on power points already though, then no.

2. If you plan to pull dogs at Kiga, yes. That is the primary reason that tanks take interrupts. Not taking an interrupt will mean that you bring your tank to Kiga... and then have to wait for another tank to show up before you can start.

3. Correct.

4. Defiance is still better for Cosmics because of their giant hits. Invulnerability is better for everything else, and is also functional at cosmics. It's up to you how min-maxy you wanna be about it. You could always take your Defensive Passive last so you can retcon it at will.

5. Defiance has no energy bonus. Force Shield with advantage might solve your energy issues, but I recommend an EU anyway.

6. Reckless will help you put out more damage/threat with Haymaker, but Call To Battle has too long of a cooldown to be an effective Reckless applier for that. Mighty Leap has an advantage on it that will apply Reckless, so that would be a much more effective Reckless applier, and you have it in the build already so that's convenient.
  • nafeariannafearian Posts: 48 Arc User
    Thanks for the reply! Been trying some stuff out over the last couple of days based on your suggestions.

Defiance seems to be working out pretty well, able to handle 5 man on hard at PH training quite comfortably with it. Decided to leave it at the top anyway for now so can be swapped out if needed.

One other change I've made is to swap the telekinetic shield out for Retaliation. Looks like they've changed the advantage point setup so that every shield addon requires 3 now. Rank 2 Retaliation with the Indomitable advantage seems much better than just taking Rank 3. The extra 83% dmg increase after blocking is great for helping with my threat and while a rank 3 shield might help me with maintaining the upper limits of health, indomitable seems like it will have a much greater effect for when things go south.

Just need to get those onslaught defender gloves, rank up my confronts and I'll be good to go :smile: