test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Themed tank dps am I on the right track?

yannbiosyannbios Posts: 51 Arc User
So this is my first themed toon. She s a tank dual passive dps. Strictly swords and the random fire breath is for off tanking . In short she's a female ronin imbued with the spirit of the dragon..once again which manifests on fire breath. I'm not sure if I Wan a use repears caress or the tornado slash. They both do one and the same, undecided on dragons bite..which I like..keeps bleeds up entire time I'm tanking and when i dps I use tornado then repears embrace..but as I'm typing this sounds more like I should use repears caress

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=33&n=Muramasa bladed tank&d=11230M3129GP0430q0J000CT04JA03DA002326ON01NE00FE03DR0aDO16DQ0aBA03DU0JJL013BIL0CAT0rWv11l2g090205&e=

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Well, one issue is that Firebreath won't proc with your toggle/form or EU- though I guess that's not a huge deal if you're only tapping it against scattered mobs to tag them w/ Challenge.

Anyways, if this is meant to be an SB build, then you prob do want Reaper's Caress for the bleed buildup and for the easy access to Shredded. You'll be generating a lot of threat when playing as a dps too, but I guess you can work around that. I may also keep Dragons' Bite for Rush's extra energy, and get Physical Peak in Str PSS. Could also use Steadfast as the EU if you're already gearing for Dex. Here's one way to edit it:

Muramasa bladed tank - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
    v3.41:33

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Savage (Str: 10, Dex: 8, Con: 10, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Enduring (Con: 8)
    Level 9: Mighty (Str: 8)
    Level 12: Agile (Dex: 8)
    Level 15: Martial Focus (Str: 5, Dex: 5)
    Level 18: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 21: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Throw Fire
    Level 1: Reaper's Caress (Rank 2, Cleaving Strikes, Challenge!)
    Level 6: Steadfast
    Level 8: Defiance (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Form of the Swordsman
    Level 14: Crimson Bloom (Serrated Edges, Challenge!)
    Level 17: Endorphin Rush (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Reaper's Embrace (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Fire Breath (Challenge!)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Dragon's Bite (Dragon Rush)
    Level 32: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Way of the Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Vorpal Blade
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Acrobatics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Ninja Vanish

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (2/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Slaughter (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)
    Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

Stuck ERush in there for a cheap, decent self-heal for a tank, though you could also take Conviction there.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • yannbiosyannbios Posts: 51 Arc User
    Well i see tour point for drafons bite but it will nees challenge since thats what i use while tanking. I was using tornado because its aame as caress just has longer cooldown. I have tiger cub device ao when i dps i work in shreddwd but when tanking i focus just om bleeds
    edited September 2019
    Yea, but you mine as well use the basic combo for bleeds and shredded, since it's not constrained by a cd or charge time and can be a basic melee attack to use when you're not blocking or don't have bleeds fully stacked yet. That's not to say that Tornado Slash is bad- it just fills a kinda different niche.

Maybe what you could do is keep Challenge off of DB and give it Rush + R2 (you'd have to remove a rank from something else in my build), and then it can be your main attack when dps'ing (Vorpal Blade can put up Bleeds, if you want to not use RCaress then, and I didn't put challenge on REmbrace so you could still use that). It won't be ideal for dps, but it's a dual-passive build anyways so that's somewhat of a given, and I assume you value the performance of the tanking part a bit more than the dps part.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I'd probably use form of the tempest, as it can proc on all of your attacks instead of only some of them.
    Yea, I considered FotT as well. Esp if he wants to use Firebreath more than that's the better choice- it's a bit more rng-based, but it could work too.
  • leuchadegoutiereleuchadegoutiere Posts: 136 Arc User
    Use DEX PSS for a real offensive tank.
    @Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on
    Does str make that much of a difference over dex for dual ruling as a tank and dps? Seems that everyone goes tank..mainly for the xtra health?
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    yannbios wrote: »
    Does str make that much of a difference over dex for dual ruling as a tank and dps? Seems that everyone goes tank..mainly for the xtra health?
    Mostly for Juggernaut spec.
    Thx