test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anti-Challenge Advantage: Subtlety

rugrothrumborrugrothrumbor Posts: 534 Arc User
So this advantage would do the opposite of Challenge. As a 1 point advantage, it will reduce the threat you generate on the target it's applied to. Given to certain powers.

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    I like that. On many builds I end up with 1 point left to spend and don't really have anywhere to put it. I would put it into Subtlety on a power.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Yes please.

*Takes both Challenge and Anti-Challenge on the same power*

No but seriously, this would be nice.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    aesica wrote: »

What a troll...
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Sounds cool. Might have some adv points issue for some builds but this seems worth it.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • With the way modern tanking works, I don't think this is really necessary, but I don't think it's necessarily bad, either.
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    It wouldn't be necessary if DPS folks would take threat wipes. :tongue:

But I'd welcome it from the perspective of perhaps not wanting to throw a whole power slot on a simple threat wipe. Better yet, integrate threat wipe mechanics into more useful powers in the same way that evasive maneuvers and the like do. That or add more utility or usefulness to threat wipes that currently don't do much else.
  • theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    I really love the anti-challenge advantage idea! It would be an easy investment for DPS, a nice threat management tool for dual rolers to put on a power and even situationally useful for tanks.
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Great idea!
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • fermifermi Posts: 117 Arc User
    aesica wrote: »

RAWR! I want to attack someone but I don't know who!
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    A very solid idea that one could imagine already being in-game. I say "absolutely"!
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    panthrax77 wrote: »
    It wouldn't be necessary if DPS folks would take threat wipes. :tongue:

But I'd welcome it from the perspective of perhaps not wanting to throw a whole power slot on a simple threat wipe. Better yet, integrate threat wipe mechanics into more useful powers in the same way that evasive maneuvers and the like do. That or add more utility or usefulness to threat wipes that currently don't do much else.

Then again, WHO has one powerslot left to fit in a threat wipe when you're expected to load your form, your passive, your power rotation, your AO, the most synergizing block, Resurgence and a self-revive?
    edited October 2019
    wrathsoul1 wrote: »
    Then again, WHO has one powerslot left to fit in a threat wipe when you're expected to load your form, your passive, your power rotation, your AO, the most synergizing block, Resurgence and a self-revive?

Well you're not really expected to get the last two, that's just a thing some players do for some reason... like someone's been pushing that meta for years and now some people think those are required... `_`
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Resurgence and a self-revive?
    Resurgence isn't generally the best choice for dps (if you want to live through the baby breathing on the dps, use Indestructible; for kiga storms you want something with a shorter cd than resurgence). For self-revive, well, you probably don't need it, but that's what a Phoenix Tear is for :)
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    Resurgence and a self-revive?
    Resurgence isn't generally the best choice for dps (if you want to live through the baby breathing on the dps, use Indestructible; for kiga storms you want something with a shorter cd than resurgence). For self-revive, well, you probably don't need it, but that's what a Phoenix Tear is for :)

Unless you need to buy things the recog store has to offer.