What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 9/26/2019

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
edited September 2019 in Release Notes
10th Anniversary Week 5
Final week of the Anniversary!
  • Something very strange is going on with Sapphire's Concert...
  • Added Anniversary Tote Bag to the event store.
  • The weekly store this week features...Foxbatcon items?
  • The 9th Anniversary scavenger hunt mission is available to players who have not already completed it.

Costumes
  • Fixed a bug where the Wizards mantle was missing parts.

ZEN
  • Fixed a bug where the tooltip for Ray-Zar stated he was a temporary device.

Known issue: Players using the US Proxy have reported they are having issues logging in. If you are experiencing this please set your launcher proxy to none.
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    shortbus#4297 shortbus Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    kaizerin wrote: »
    10th Anniversary Week 5

Costumes

NOOOOOOOOO!
    The cape was so much better with out the other crap on it!

Edit:
    Oh, you made it so you have options of having the stuff or not.
    Best Patch Ever!
    Post edited by shortbus#4297 on
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Let me in!!!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Yeah it's a bit hard to play when the server is still down...what's with the seven hour downtime, anyway? It's after 1:30 PM on the east coast, and I still can't play. It's all Foxbat's fault, that villain!!
    Post edited by eviltwintwo on
  • Options
    eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    10th Anniversary Week 5
    • Something very strange is going on with Cryptic...
    • Added Anniversary Tote Bag to the event store.
    • The weekly store this week features...Foxbatcon items?
    • The 9th Anniversary scavenger hunt mission is available to players who have not already completed it.

Costumes

Heheheh, note the correction.
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    373fpu.jpg

when devs said they were " going all out" for this 10th Anniversary, I have to say...I feel extremely underwhelmed. Was expecting something BIG. But if that's the extent of their resources, can't really ask for much anymore.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I mean, the 10th anniversary of any videogame IS an important milestone, so expecting changes to the event that didn't take an intern half a weekend to cook doesn't really fall under the category of asking for much.

Heck, even a Dr. Destroyer sidekick would have been *something* since a proper fight with the game title screen villain is something that's been impossible to achieve for the multiple dev teams across these 10 years.

Instead, here, let us remove another feature from subscriptions, have a nice 10th anniversary woo!​​
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    this seems fitting
    aniv.png
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Instead, here, let us remove another feature from subscriptions, have a nice 10th anniversary woo!​​

What feature was that?

Also... May be a moot point if we never get to log in lol.
  • Options
    serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    a 6 hour patch delayed by an hour twice so far with a note to check the forums, so how about an update so there is something to check?
  • Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    when devs said they were " going all out" for this 10th Anniversary, I have to say...I feel extremely underwhelmed. Was expecting something BIG. But if that's the extent of their resources, can't really ask for much anymore.

It is a BIG downtime?
    lezard21 wrote: »

Curious what was removed too, if anything.

Edit: And... light is green! Okay Foxbat, show me what you've got.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Curious what was removed too, if anything.
    hasukurobi wrote: »
    What feature was that?

The XMPP, Lifetimers had the feature which allowed them talk with the ingame chats without being ingame wit using a chatting program on PC or Phone
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1213719/xmpp-sunset/p1​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
    Known issue: Players using the US Proxy have reported they are having issues logging in. If you are experiencing this please set your launcher proxy to none.
  • Options
    fermifermi Posts: 117 Arc User
    They said it was all out, and it is all out. : p
  • Options
    speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    10th Anniversary Week 5

Costumes

NOOOOOOOOO!
    The cape was so much better with out the other crap on it!
    I actually agree. I was hoping the embellishments would be an optional attachment like a lot of the newer costume pieces have. It looked very nice as a simple over-shoulder cloak piece. Alas!
    Ahah! On inspection, it appears that they have done just that! Marvelous! Thank you so much for this welcomed change!
    I am thoroughly surprised by the amount of content they've released with this anniversary celebration. I, for one, think they've done a great job with what they've got available.
    Post edited by speanoz on
  • Options
    heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    speanoz wrote: »
    I am thoroughly surprised by the amount of content they've released with this anniversary celebration. I, for one, think they've done a great job with what they've got available.

I mean technically the only content they added this year were the Retro costumes. Which don't get me wrong, were pretty great, but I wish they'd take the part into consideration instead of just slapping the 400-favor tag on them. Things like Witchcraft's Brooch and Sapphire's belly gems really should have been 300 instead. And since those were the only costume parts added, maybe it was just me but it felt less like celebrating ten years of this game and more like celebrating the history of the Champions team themselves. But that's what the weekly TEN missions were for.

That said, I had fun. I also wanted to ask the devs if they might consider leaving the Nighthawk NPC in the Renaissance Center around all year? No real reason, I just think it's nice to have him somewhere in the overworld like all the other Champions (except Sapphire, maybe? Can't remember if she's standing in Vibora somewhere).

• Options
    mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    Considering how often it's proclaimed that this game was abandoned... the Dev's are doing wonderful.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Listening to Foxbat's Rap song and Wilhelm Scream was kinda worth it alone​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    The Bone Plate Long costume unlock on the SCR/GCR Vendor is showing as available, but I have it unlocked in the costume editor. I don't know if that is new, or an already known bug, but it is a bug.
  • Options
    avianos wrote: »
    Listening to Foxbat's Rap rong and Wilhelm Scream was kinda worth it alone​​

Ah! Good! I am pleased somebody else heard the Wilhelm Scream. It goes by quick!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Watching the look on Sapphire's face during the concert is hilarious... in a depressing way.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    So I just have to say, foxbat's show was absolutely amazing

Very nice beat, his rap lines were absolutely on point, and I laughed at the cat thing.
    Foxbat is an absolute badass, reminds me of deadpool. And I'm glad this old and iconic champions character is getting more love.

You guys did an awesome job, thank you!
  • Options
    FOXBAT SINGLE HANDED SAVED THIS EVENT
    Sapphire is SO DONE
    vJ35ZpZ.gif
    ​​
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    reminder that Foxbat tried to hypnotize Sapphire into marrying him in Vibora Bay.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    edited September 2019
    bluhman wrote: »
    reminder that Foxbat tried to hypnotize Sapphire into marrying him in Vibora Bay.
    UH OH SISTERS! Foxbat is Cancelled​​
  • Options
    fermifermi Posts: 117 Arc User
    Is the tote bag actually in the store? I couldn't find it, but maybe I didn't look close enough.

Also I have poked many people with a stick after shooting them with the party cannon and am now only slightly less happy than Foxbat.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    fermi wrote: »
    Is the tote bag actually in the store? I couldn't find it, but maybe I didn't look close enough.

The tote bag is under Misc items, I think?

@kaizerin : Would we be able to get Foxbat's song as a download? I remember Sapphire's song was offered as a download before.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    xparibaxxparibax Posts: 149 Arc User
    I'd like to read the lyrics to what he says, I think it's a charming addition.... and a concert varient I don't mind listening to! Made me laugh, Thanks guys! Happy 10!

• Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    CThe XMPP, Lifetimers had the feature which allowed them talk with the ingame chats without being ingame wit using a chatting program on PC or Phone
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1213719/xmpp-sunset/p1​​

Despite being a long time lifer I never even really noticed this feature so it does not feel like much of a loss to me but it is unfortunate that it could not have been tweaked and saved.

Also the Foxbat thing was great. Thank you Dev team!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    xparibax wrote: »
    I'd like to read the lyrics to what he says, I think it's a charming addition.... and a concert varient I don't mind listening to! Made me laugh, Thanks guys! Happy 10!
    Yeah, I've been saying for years that I was hoping for Sapphire to get more than one song, this is the next best thing!
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    Still no Exchange options for Toy Master, those last year addition are stacking up :/

Not even Anniversary DJ Madbot Helmet is tradeable for Titles-Tokens​​
  • Options
    dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    Would love an MP3 of the new Foxbat song.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Fixed a bug where the Wizards mantle was missing parts.

And the extra bits were made into optional attachments. That's great :+1:
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    Fixed a bug where the Wizards mantle was missing parts.

And the extra bits were made into optional attachments. That's great :+1:
    It makes for a fantastic cloak piece now. I am very pleased with it!
  • Options
    daderganonumbersdaderganonumbers Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    So the first week of Foxbatcon, we spend our time searching the cosplayers throughout the city for the real Foxbat.
    The second week of Foxbatcon, we spend our time searching the cosplayers, and then responding to a
    fake
    ransom note and then
    coercing Foxbat, who's suffering stage fright, into finally showing up at his event.
    Nothing ever comes of it. The event ends before we get to see the fruits of our labour.

...yet he shows up to crash the Anniversary with a full-on stage show.

First reaction is I want to say I feel cheated.
    But then I remember this is Foxbat. This is SO Foxbat :)