test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Since we are losing XMPP this Thursday, is there ANY plans to upgrade Champions chat system?

championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
edited September 2019 in Champions Online Discussion
I am curious about this very facet of the game. Many of us are losing quite a vital feature that has helped a lot especially since the chat system in Champions Online is woefully inferior to most other chat systems in other games, including Champions two sister games (Star Trek Online and Neverwinter) both of which connect to the same chat server.

Both of these games have received significant updates, upgrades, and improvements to the chat system, but in ten years, Champions has, at best, received passing notice at the chat system, the last major change I can even remember was when Crush joined the team, and it wasn't even a major change.

Since then, Star Trek Online and Neverwinter both have received many basic chat features other MMOs use regularly, such as quick channel swap through slash command function IE if you type /s or /sg you instantly swap to local or SG chat, or the fact that STO at least (not sure of Neverwinter) also has a secondary chat box to display other channels of the players choosing.

Another feature I would love to see integrated is having player names differently colored and wrap around fixed properly, not to mention indentation in lines, as well as more characters on a single line of text. Also having the range of local chat reduced significantly cause standing around reading people's conversations a good distance away from you when you are trying to follow another is a bit annoying.

There are many other things that need to be done with CO's chat integration. It's a bloody mess, and it's disappointing that while STO and Neverwinter both have seen significant improvements, the oldest still has yet to even get a passing glance, let alone brought to at least those standards.
Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
Silverspar on PRIMUS
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    Sadly, I wouldn't even expect AmbassadorKael to bother to return to the thread he promised to return too.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I didn't read your post, but the answer is no to all. XMPP is going down no reasons given, nor alternative, nor compensation, not even a fake apology statement

giphy.gif​​
  • at the very least, they should make chat persist through character swap, so you don't miss things as you're swapping...STO used to do this when i started playing it, and i don't know why they changed it (no idea if CO also used to)​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    lezard21 wrote: »
    I didn't read your post, but the answer is no to all. XMPP is going down no reasons given, nor alternative, nor compensation, not even a fake apology statement​​

So, you're the Kanye West of these forums, a rude jerk. "Hey, that's great and all, and Imma let you finish, but..."

Don't be that guy.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    iamrune wrote: »
    lezard21 wrote: »
    I didn't read your post, but the answer is no to all. XMPP is going down no reasons given, nor alternative, nor compensation, not even a fake apology statement

So, you're the Kanye West of these forums, a rude jerk. "Hey, that's great and all, and Imma let you finish, but..."

Don't be that guy.

Ummm, how am I being rude by stating the facts?
    iamrune wrote: »
    Sadly, I wouldn't even expect AmbassadorKael to bother to return to the thread he promised to return too.

Heck, how is my post rude, but yours isn't, when both our posts are saying the exact same thing, only I used more words and an image meaning I spent more time and thought on it than you did o3o

We can all sit here around the kumbaya campfire asking for explanations or proposing alternatives to the XMPP support removal but the devs have already made it plenty obvious that they don't care, they already got our money so they will keep removing advertised features over and over because they figured out a bleeding heart tumblr warrior will always pop up and defend them no matter what.

so bleed away brave tumblrette!​​
    Post edited by lezard21 on
    edited September 2019
    Because you specifically told the OP that you didn't even bother reading his post. That is super rude and dismissive.

Obviously you read mine, though, but then, it was just a single line.

Also, nice assumption. I don't use Tumblr. I'm not even sure I spelled it right.