test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where can I find my saved costumes?

It's been a while since I tried to find them and I came up empty.

I know they are in a file somewhere, I thought it was Champions Online -> Live -> Screenshots, but there are two problems with that:

1) That path only exists in the old "launch without Arc" file I have. I am sure that there is a way that people who use the Arc launcher to find and delete their screenshots, too.

and

2) That shows as empty when I go there.

I have so many old costumes saved that it's becoming a chore to go through them and I want to give it a good cleaning.

Why they didn't put an in-game way to delete these things I will never understand.

Thanks for any help. I will really appreciate it.

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    There's posts somewhere in the Forum for the correct path.
    You just have to Search for it.
    Cos i'm too lazy. :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    I have searched for it.

The only thing I could find is a few years old and the answers pointed at the path I identified in my first post.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    Your saved costumes is in your Live/screenshots folder for Champions Online.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Your saved costumes is in your Live/screenshots folder for Champions Online.

See the first post.

If they were there then I wouldn't be here.

I go there and all I see is this:
    This folder is empty.

And I have costumes saved.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Files as Read Only in options?
    Or someother computershitz?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Posts: 63 Arc User
    If you have ever reinstalled, you may be looking at an old unused installation directory. Also, you may have an installation folder called "Champions Online_en" (the last two letters will refer to the installation language if not "en" for English). Lastly, look inside of the directories for sub-directories also named "Champions Online". For example, my costumes are currently in "D:\Champions Online_en\Champions Online\Live\screenshots".
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Files as Read Only in options?
    Or someother computershitz?

I don't think so?

I mean, I did it before. I know I used to be able to. If I changed something I have no idea what it would have been or when I would have done it.

But if it is some other "computer stuff" then, well, let's just say that no superhero will ever take me on as their resident super-hacker.

I just know that I can open the file location, I follow that path like I used to, and it gets me to a place that says what I know exists doesn't.

I was hoping that someone might know more; Might know some trick to finding them and could tell me how to do the same.

And in the meantime I will hope that the devs add a perfectly sensible function inside of the game to be able to click a saved costume and select "delete" as well as "load".
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    You could try and just do a generic search of your PC for the word costume. And when a file pops up right click it to open file location. Might be worth a shot.

edited September 2019
    If you made a fresh install your old costumes are gone, They do not get saved server side. If you want to save saved costumes you have to transfer them manually and save them to other folders when making a new install.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    If you made a fresh install your old costumes are gone, They do not get saved server side. If you want to save saved costumes you have to transfer them manually and save them to other folders when making a new install.

That's... Not what this is about at all.

I am trying to get rid of costumes that are saved within the game that I can not find in any of my game files when I search for them on my computer.
    If you have ever reinstalled, you may be looking at an old unused installation directory. Also, you may have an installation folder called "Champions Online_en" (the last two letters will refer to the installation language if not "en" for English). Lastly, look inside of the directories for sub-directories also named "Champions Online". For example, my costumes are currently in "D:\Champions Online_en\Champions Online\Live\screenshots".

All I know is that I can still use that program to enter CO directly, without going through Arc.
    To the best of my memory it is not the original download, but I have been able to use that download to access costumes before.

There are no other Champions Onlines that I can find. Not _en or anything else.
    I search for Champions Online in my system and it gives me a file that shows me the same thing going through my shortcut shows me.

Champions Online -> Live -> Screenshots -> This File is Empty.

I am totally lost as to where those things could be.

An uninstall would fix it though, yes?
    Uninstall the game, all the old costumes go away, then re-install and start fresh?
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Posts: 63 Arc User
    You could also try searching for "Costume_" since that should be what all the filenames start with. Note that windows search will categorize them as photos since they are jpg files.
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited September 2019

That's... Not what this is about at all.

I am trying to get rid of costumes that are saved within the game that I can not find in any of my game files when I search for them on my computer.

All I know is that I can still use that program to enter CO directly, without going through Arc.
    To the best of my memory it is not the original download, but I have been able to use that download to access costumes before.

There are no other Champions Onlines that I can find. Not _en or anything else.
    I search for Champions Online in my system and it gives me a file that shows me the same thing going through my shortcut shows me.

Champions Online -> Live -> Screenshots -> This File is Empty.

I am totally lost as to where those things could be.

An uninstall would fix it though, yes?
    Uninstall the game, all the old costumes go away, then re-install and start fresh?

I'm getting the impression you think that deleting old costume files saved on your computer would also remove them from your characters; it does no such thing.

If you want to remove a costume from a character that is already made, you have to just overwrite the costume with a new set of changes. save it or not, that's up to you.

To find them, maybe take note of the system message the game gives you when you save a costume, and then use windows to search for that specific file name. But deleting them from your hard drive won't take them off your characters.
    edited September 2019
    iamrune wrote: »

I'm getting the impression you think that deleting old costume files saved on your computer would also remove them from your characters; it does no such thing.

If you want to remove a costume from a character that is already made, you have to just overwrite the costume with a new set of changes. save it or not, that's up to you.

To find them, maybe take note of the system message the game gives you when you save a costume, and then use windows to search for that specific file name. But deleting them from your hard drive won't take them off your characters.

I think no such thing.

I think that deleting them from my computer would delete them from my computer, and then I could re-save the ones that I want to have back for whatever reason.

But uninstalling the game looks more and more like my option since they are nowhere that I can find them.
    edited September 2019
    Check your documents folder. Most game launchers do that, such as Arc, and well most other games. If you are using steam, check under steamapps. Considering your problem is not clear beyond that, getting annoyed that people can only tell you where to look and how, like using the search function of your PC and looking for the specific file names in questions, there is little else anyone can do to help you without knowing exactly how you are launching the game.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    I am launching it through the ARC launcher.

Occasionally through a shortcut to the game that I have had since before ARC was mandatory.

It is through that same shortcut to the game that I used to be able to find my costumes.

I have searched, I have searched, and I have searched.

I may sound like I am getting annoyed, but only slightly, and only when people answer things that are not what I have asked.

Sorry, but telling me to look exactly where I said I had looked and found nothing made it sound like you didn't bother to read my first post, just the title of the thread.

Rune telling me that I sound like I think deleting costumes that I had saved would erase them from the game is also not related to the question, and, as I said, not at all what I think.

But I have appreciated the answers, even if nothing has worked.

I have searched for screenshots, Champions, costumes, and a handful of other things that I thought might possibly work, and if they have led me to the game at all they have not brought me any closer to finding my saved costumes.

I was hoping that maybe someone knew what had happened. That maybe someone had experienced it before and had solved the problem. Apparently not.

So I will consider uninstalling for the purpose of eliminating those unwanted costume files, wherever they are.

Seems a lot of work to clean that up, but if I want to clean it up I don't see another option.

You haven't exactly told us where you are looking. Nor have you stated if you used the file searching function to look for the first name of the costume file name, which is literally costume. I just used it now and it found it easily. Furthermore, you haven't stated if you are running in administrator mode which might have an impact on this. Because the files either going to be where the game is saved, or in the documents folder with the arc stuff, or in the arc folder with the game save.

As far as needing arc to launch the game, you really don't. Once you download it you can run the game without the arch launcher. I do and I know many others do as well.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    If CO is installed in Program Files and you're not running it as admin, have a look at %LocalAppData%\VirtualStore
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    I wasn't trying to be a jerk, I really had the impression that you were basically completely lost, from the lack of information and general tone of annoyance in your recent posts. For the record, I currently use Arc, not in prgram files, and my screenshots folder is located in;

This PC > OS > Arcfiles > Champions Online_en > Champions Online > Live > Screenshots

Good luck.