test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I bought my way to 40!

flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
edited September 2019 in Champions Online Discussion
Because doing 'Defender's National Training Program!' by leveling with missions! and beating mobs! was just boring.
So i made a Steel Guard powersuit for the genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist Toby Stank.
And got goofy helmet, 2 Very Speshal Costume Tokens that don't work and a dumb dance emote i don't use.
tenor.gif?itemid=5159802
CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
And playing by myself since Aug 2009
Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    yeah... really wish those exclusive tokens had been something else for those of us that are LTSers.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    The whole thing would've been a lot less horrible had witchcraft stuck around for the event. You know, they could even turn it into a positive "NOW IS THE TIME TO LEVEL YOUR ALTS" week rather than an, "oh god, I have to level something I don't care about just to get the shiny at the end."

Edit: Then again, maybe "buying your way to 40" is the plan. Crafty chinese overlords.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    To me the silly thing is that they give you a whole week, while most of the people I know finished leveling in like 2-3 days just using Grab alerts. I will say though that I love this event because it means more fun grab alerts.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    I don’t think anyone had any doubts you’d say that you love the event
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    Forty levels, forty bucks. Figured that's how folks would do it. :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    I had leveled a new toon to 40 the week before when I had both a theme in mind and the XP bonus. Just no interest in doing the same thing slower on a toon that I have no concept for atm.

I often wonder why, when they are going to have a month long "event" like this, they don't publish the calendar of activities a week (Including specific start/end times; e.g. midnight, server restart, whatever) before the event starts. Would make planning/life easier for everyone.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    I don’t think anyone had any doubts you’d say that you love the event

It's less that I like this event, which I am technically not participating in, and more that I like having low levels in grab alerts ^______^
  • Witchcraft not sticking around was a real let down. Sometimes I play this game during events so I can get that double XP lol

If I have a difficult character to level, it helps. Like a Mastermind lol
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    They should put Toby Stank opposite side of Withcraft, selling Lvl to 30 and lvl+1's. I bet people would buy those that way rather than clicking in that godawful Z-Store.
    I would. :#
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    I bought 5 levels. Grinding 35 was a lot, and it was getting to be close to the deadline, so I went ahead and paid for a few.

But where is the Defender Helmet?

What is it called?

I got the title and the emote, but I haven't been able to find the helmet.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Head wear. Retro Defender.
    edited September 2019
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Head wear. Retro Defender.

Okay, so they call it a "hat", not a helmet? Thanks.

Couldn't sleep, I'll log in real quick and check.

Okay, not there.

I did a search for "Retro" in the tailor window and it didn't show up there, either.

Guess it's bug report time.

Thanks for trying.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2019
    You have to claim the costume from the bonus tab in the zen store.
    kaizerin wrote: »
    You have to claim the costume from the bonus tab in the zen store.

Ah, so that's the trick.

I'm about to log in for a bit, so I'll do that presently.

Thank you.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Did the same thing as last time, powered for 8 hours straight to get it, then deleted the character when finished.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    Welp finished and toon deleted...
    mordray001 wrote: »
    Welp finished and toon deleted...

why would you do that o3o
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I just leveled a Gunslinger AT so I wont have to waste a FF slot and delete him later, using a mannequin test dummy costume i had saved.
    Got into lvl 40 in 2 days, 15 hours total, by doing Mission chains nonstop while listening/watching Youtube videos and podacasts
    and on the way to lvl 40 i found a lot of power bugs to report ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Got the dance and 2 Gold Rewards costume i'm actively using on 2 characters​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!