test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NPCs' knock powers that don't apply knock res

avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
edited October 2018 in Gameplay Bugs
4 Years I go, i posted an bug report thread in an attempt to complite a list of broken NPC's knock powers and attract DEVs' attention to fix them

Most specificially, the focus of that thread was NPCs attacks which were not properly updated with ON ALERT and weren't applying KNOCK RESISTANCE stacks, allowing the enemy AI to exploit it and Knock lock you

That thread... haven't aged really well. I admit it was really badly written

However to my surprise, it actually got one of the game's DEVs (at the time) attention who managed to fix most of them

Teleioclones - Warbeast
Attack: Maul
Their bestial attack applies no resistance
Really noticeable in Teleios Ascendant (EPIC) lair, I found myself tanking with a range tank and getting abused by their knocks, unable to counter them and get any knock resistance
This can also be tests on Warbeast outside Teleios Lab

This bug make such small enemy quite annoying and deadly when you agro everything as a tank

DOGZ- Vargulf
Attack: Fire Damage to you with an unknown ability.
Their Frag Grenade applies no knock resistance
Really noticeable in Alerts, Queen City, Vibora Bay, Forum Malvanum

what I find interesting yet confusing was that the dev said the Frag Grenade was suppose to be a... Repel
jheinig wrote: »
Frag Grenade: This is a Repel rather than a Knock, and it does not apply Repel Resist.

I'll do some testing on critters that use these powers and see what actually happens when I get knocked around.

In the meantime I'm looking into adding Knock Resist (or Repel Resist, as apppropriate) to the powers that need it (Frag Grenade, Shotgun Blast, Micro Munitions, Iron Cyclone) and making the knock on Hurl (er, "Backhand") Blockable.
jheinig wrote: »
Just as a quick peek under the hood, repel is not a tag, it's a different power attribute. In general, Repel is much narrower in application; a Repel just pushes a character, while Knock can also knock someone over and can interrupt powers.

Power Resist is generally added on a case-by-case basis. So, adding Repel Resist to the Frag Grenade power used by critters wouldn't necessarily do anything to player-used powers.

Unfortenly this is not the case, Vargulf's grenade was never touched, its definatly NOT a repel because it knock lock you from powers, something that repel attacks DON'T do

Viper - Powered Armour
Attack: Rocket Pack
I have made an entire bug report thread about this subject, it appears that not only Rocket Pack doesn't apply knock resistance but the Costume pack the enemy is using is counting as an enemy entity by it's own

More details on the thread

I'm requesting for this anomaly to be investigated and properly fixed, those enemies make the combat quite unpleasant
I will try to report more broken knock powers​​
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Any faction using the Shotgun as a regular attack as opposed to the charged version will bypass Knock Resistance until the player reaches the full stacks for the immunity. This includes the Hoods from the Thug faction and its variants, as well as the soldiers from Warlord's Shadow Army within Harmon Labs.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    This thread now has fanart, courtesy of @lezard21
    P7BBKE7.jpg?width=405&height=677
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Warlord's shotgun and grenade seem to have issues procing knock resist, as I was knocked 4 times in a row in one of my runs

Edit: It's definitely his shotgun that isn't procing knock resist, his grenade seems fine.
    Post edited by baelogventure on
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    All of the ones listed were addressed a couple months back (I'm not sure if it made it into the patch notes). Are there any that are still occurring?​​
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    the viper powered armor's backpack
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
    Can't reproduce anything wrong with it. Would you be able to provide an example?​​
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Qwyjibo's falling rocks neither check nor apply resistance, but that may be working as intended.
    edited March 2019
    Qwyjibo's falling rocks neither check nor apply resistance, but that may be working as intended.

That is intended.​​
    Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Can't reproduce anything wrong with it. Would you be able to provide an example?​​

They still have the entirely random chance to do a zero-chargeup execution of their Shoulder-Launcher barrage that causes extreme knockback. Normally this is meant to have a priming period where they use a targeting-computer-like effect on you.

I guess I'll just need to have my screen capture constantly on to be ready to record it when they pull it off.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    Keep in mind that my original post has an Entire Thread linked with Viper PA's Rocket Pack​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    The NPC version of Frag Grenade (Concussion Grenade?) does still knock players, seemingly disregarding knock resist. Blocking will not save anyone caught in the blast.
    All of the ones listed were addressed a couple months back (I'm not sure if it made it into the patch notes). Are there any that are still occurring?

The NPC's Shotgun has more to do with how unfair it is as a default attack. It's the one that doesn't have a visual cast time and appears as the enemy's "energy builder". The player isn't given indication of when it is coming and thus can't do anything to react to a sudden and rather instantaneous knock. Sometimes, due to latency issues and the way activation times work, even blocking won't save the player. The charged version is fine, the auto-attack version is not.

The VIPER Rocket Pack can and will suddenly fire without any indication as well. I find it happens most often after a CC effect ends on the VIPER Powered Armor, but can happen in regular combat as well. Avianos's link has more details on it, but I wouldn't rule out other possibilities as well. This, again, is more to do with how unfair the ability is, rather than it actually ignoring knock resist. It can even fire off repeatedly in this fashion before the player even touches the ground from the first volley.

"You don't get a telegraph for this one, Hero! Back to the beginning of the alert you go... assuming you survive!" - VIPER Powered Armor, 2019​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)

Please keep this thread to just powers that do not apply knock res. Anything else should be its own thread.​​
    PSI Agent - Both his Rock Throw and Ground Slam "Not-Thunderclap" moves ignore Knock/Hold Resist.​​

edited April 2019
    Just checked, Rock Barrage is not ignoring knock res.
    PSI Hypnotist - Telekinetic Wave is ignoring knock resistance.​​

edited July 2019
    Topical update
    @kaizerin one of the powers I forgot to include in this thread has been part of the Death Rattle and Vikorin's Updated lair
    So I decided to capture and post BOTH

Lemuria Archemagus & Cobra Lords Thunderbird (Death Rattle only)
    Attack: Unstable Sigil-Stone
    In case you don't understand what is going on! The Sigil's knock doesn't apply KNOCK RESISTANCE! Just like what the Thread's title says
    Lt7nbnc.gif
    You can see Resolute from Protector SPEC got triggered by the knock

MU0TbyW.gif​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    bluhman wrote: »
    Can't reproduce anything wrong with it. Would you be able to provide an example?

They still have the entirely random chance to do a zero-chargeup execution of their Shoulder-Launcher barrage that causes extreme knockback. Normally this is meant to have a priming period where they use a targeting-computer-like effect on you.

I guess I'll just need to have my screen capture constantly on to be ready to record it when they pull it off.

If you do please share it on my other thread as well
    I made a new Thread for Viper Power Armour since the old thread from 2016 doesn't hold up with the current updates​​
    edited July 2019
    The sigils do not ignore knock resistance. They do however have a high magnitude knock and getting hit by multiples is likely to cause you to get knocked.
  • except they do - it literally shows in both the gifs he posted that he is NOT getting resist stacks after being knocked​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    edited July 2019
    The sigils do not ignore knock resistance. They do however have a high magnitude knock and getting hit by multiples is likely to cause you to get knocked.

? ? ?
    They don't even apply Knock resistance and the gif CLEARLY show it
    WHAT?
    Can you see the GIFs i posted?

I put my characters' potrait on the capture frame to show off ESPECIALLY that they don't apply Knock Resistance stacks
    I make those gifs especially so i can be more detailed and specific with my bug reports

Reminder that I made this thread for NPCS' KNOCK POWERS THAT DON'T APPLY KNOCK RES​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    edited September 2019
    Whiteout -> Roin'esh
    They apply knock however they use old outdated pre-alert formula they IGNORE knock resistance
    • Their Tentacle Knock into power IGNORES knock Resistance
    • Even with 3 stacks of Knock Res I get knock like a Ping Pong. The final part of the mission where you get ambushed by Roin'esh in their spaceship makes it so obvious, I keep being defeated multiple times because my character gets Knock-Locked into infinity
    • It's like Cowboys' Lasso but even worse, there is no Cooldown for the knock, even when you get knock recently

Another thing I forgot until I redid Whiteout recently​​