test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 9/5/2019

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited September 2019 in Release Notes
Anniversary
  • Top Ten has a new mission that tasks you with completing certain missions. These missions can be repeated for credit, you do not have to do 10 different ones.
  • This mission (and Top Ten's previous mission) will be available until the end of the event.
  • Top Ten has new weekly freebies.
  • Added Retro Ironclad Belt, Sash, Head, Hair and Greaves costumes to the event store.
  • Vehicles are included in the Weekly Event Store.
  • Destroids have been seen around Ren Cen, speak with Drifter to get a mission for defeating them.
  • Adventure Packs and Comic Series have boosted rewards for this week.
  • Questionite has a chance to drop from all mobs this week.

ZEN Store
  • There is a freebie pack available in the ZEN store! Players will be able to claim it until the end of the Anniversary. Can be claimed once per account.
  • This packs contains 1 free costume slot, 1 free character slot, Vanguard Heirloom Gear, the Cosmic Cape costume, the Emblem packs costume, Dance Unusual emote, Smile Wave emote and Flex Pose emote. Note: Many of the items automatically unlock upon claiming the box and may not appear in your inventory.

Lifetime
  • Lifetime Subscription will be on sale for the next 2 weeks.

Defender's National Training Program
  • For the next week we are running the Defender's National Training Program!
  • Players must level a brand new character to 40 within the event duration to qualify for the rewards.
  • The timer starts when the servers come up today, and end at next week's maintenance.
  • The only requirements are the character must be brand new, no existing characters, and must get to level 40 before maintenance next Thursday. it does not matter how you get to level 40.
  • Players will get a mission to speak with Defender regarding the event upon logging in.
  • Players will be rewarded immediately upon hitting level 40. If you do not get your rewards, try relogging.
  • The title and costume tokens must be claimed from the ZEN Store bonus tab.

Rewards:
  • Phenomenon Title
  • Retro Defender's helmet costume
  • Workout Dance emote
  • 2 Exclusive Costume Tokens

Costumes
  • Fixed an issue where Plated Bands texture lost a color channel.
  • Added Strap chest wear costume as a free costume piece.

Powers
Electric Siphon
  • Advantage: Fixed a bug where Charged Up wasn't being applied to allies.

Block
  • Fixed a bug where energy gained from blocking was not taking into account damage taken. This will result in higher energy returns when taking large hits.

Impressive Physique
  • Lowered the amount of shield this power gives, but it now takes into account your damage resistances and also scales with your Strength (and anything that would normally boost shields other than presence).
  • Stand Your Ground adv: Renamed to Superiority Complex. Lowered amount of knock res this advantage gives, but can now knock back targets that damage you while maintaining this power.
  • New Advantage (1): Reduces the cooldown the longer you maintain it.

Bugfixes
  • Mechanical Monstrosity: Fixed costume selection bug.
  • Haymaker: Fixed a bug where the Reckless Strike advantage was always active.

Misc
  • Known Issue: Bug reports submitted will not show a ticket number in game, but are submitted. This does not affect GM tickets.
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Players must level a brand new character to 40 within the event duration to qualify for the rewards.
    Rewards: Retro Defender's helmet costume

DifferentHardHamadryad-size_restricted.gif
    :#

CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Ugh.....and here I am with a bunch of lvl 6 with double xp like days prior.

————————————————-
    Once again moments on PTS...straight to Live.
  • historiphilehistoriphile Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited September 2019

Rewards:
    • Phenomenon Title
    • Retro Defender's helmet costume
    • Workout Dance emote
    • 2 Exclusive Costume Tokens

Is that the same dance emote as the last time this ran?

Also, it'd be lovely if those exclusive costume tokens had anything new to buy. As an LTS, I already have everything in that store - but it's a great opportunity for anyone who does not.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    It is a different dance.
  • fusheng42fusheng42 Posts: 24 Arc User
    So I create a character, bypass the tutorial and go straight to Defender and then start leveling up the new character from evel 1-40 for this week's challenge. correct?
  • historiphilehistoriphile Posts: 83 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    It is a different dance.

Oh yay!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    It does not matter what you do to get to 40, just that the character is created between now and next Thursday's maintenance and gets to 40 before next Thursday's maintenance.
  • fusheng42fusheng42 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    It does not matter what you do to get to 40, just that the character is created between now and next Thursday's maintenance and gets to 40 before next Thursday's maintenance.

so I can create the character, run tutorial THEN go see defender, then continue leveling to 40? got it. thanks. too bad 2xp wasnt still going on.
    Please consider detaching the Ironclad gloves Into gloves and bracers
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    For the next week we are running the Defender's National Training Program!
    Players must level a brand new character to 40 within the event duration to qualify for the rewards.
    The timer starts when the servers come up today, and end at next week's maintenance.
    The only requirements are the character must be brand new, no existing characters, and must get to level 40 before maintenance next Thursday. it does not matter how you get to level 40.
    Players will get a mission to speak with Defender regarding the event upon logging in.
    Players will be rewarded immediately upon hitting level 40. If you do not get your rewards, try relogging.
    The title and costume tokens must be claimed from the ZEN Store bonus tab.

TFW I just hit lvl 40 with a new character
    bce.jpg​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    fusheng42 wrote: »
    too bad 2xp wasnt still going on.
    I somehow suspect that's by design...
    Design of Annoyance
    They won't make it easy
    I hope you have plenty of XP boosters from the Anniversary Gifts​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • "Adventure Packs and Comic Series have boosted rewards for this week."

Can someone explain to me little more detail? Was that mean cosmic drop more GCRs Q..Q ;)
    Retro Ironclad is absolutely CHAD​​
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User

so I can create the character, run tutorial THEN go see defender, then continue leveling to 40? got it. thanks. too bad 2xp wasnt still going on.
    Heck, if you want you can create the character, skip the tutorial, purchase a lvl 30 jump, then buy ten more levels from the Store. Getting to 40 in a week or less with a brand-new toon is the only criterion.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    "Adventure Packs and Comic Series have boosted rewards for this week."

Can someone explain to me little more detail? Was that mean cosmic drop more GCRs Q..Q ;)

Cosmics aren't mentioned, so no their rewards are unaffected. Adventure Packs and Comic Series are a series of missions, 2 of which start from Until Liaison Bradley in Rencen ( Aftershock and Project Snakecharmer ), and the other 2 start at Defender in Rencen ( Whiteout and Resistance ).
  • spinnytop wrote: »
    "Adventure Packs and Comic Series have boosted rewards for this week."

Cosmics aren't mentioned, so no their rewards are unaffected. Adventure Packs and Comic Series are a series of missions, 2 of which start from Until Liaison Bradley in Rencen ( Aftershock and Project Snakecharmer ), and the other 2 start at Defender in Rencen ( Whiteout and Resistance ).

So such as whiteout and after shock those mission are boosted?

Thanks,
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User

So such as whiteout and after shock those mission are boosted?

Thanks,

I just did Whiteout today, and the final mission reward included 10,000 Q-nite for finishing it, if that helps to know.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Hmm, all the vehicles in the weekly store are 700. Is it possible to get that many in a week?
    7x cats =210
    7x destorids = 175
    That's only 385. To get 700 in one week I figure you'd have to do Attend to the City's Needs 7x as well (= another 350). Might be a bit stiff unless you have currency from the previous week or from previous years.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Is there any way to get the Jazzercise dance? I have to work 7 day shifts sometimes and don't have enough time to level a character to 40 to receive the Exclusive tokens and emotes.. :/
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    The Retro Defender helmet has a very thin line of gold (with the colors he's using) that runs through the middle of the black on the top of his head. It's visible unless you're zoomed in so far that you can't see much else on the screen other than the head.

This has come up on several otherwise excellent costume pieces throughout the years. Since this particular piece requires the equivalent of a part-time job to acquire this week, maybe somebody could look at fixing it so it will look okay if you're using two different colors?
  • serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Hmm, all the vehicles in the weekly store are 700. Is it possible to get that many in a week?
    7x cats =210
    7x destorids = 175
    That's only 385. To get 700 in one week I figure you'd have to do Attend to the City's Needs 7x as well (= another 350). Might be a bit stiff unless you have currency from the previous week or from previous years.

easiest way is to grind low lvl mobs, quite possible to get 100 favour an hour that way
    edited September 2019
    BUG: Power Skating still breaks the character spine with Maintaining powers (including Power Armour Toggles)

as for the other maintances, REALLY not a fan of this Junky animation it was given to avoid the issue, it basically use the glitch spaz animation for when your ground travel powers get glitched :|
    I know thats a hotfix buts its so U G L Y

EDIT: actually its still broken in everything not just PA, somehow the power was glitching until a certain level
    hmm I think it was linked with the power's rank i was using (Bullet Hail rank1 and rank 3 do that)​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    7x cats =210
    7x destorids = 175

You forgot the Destroit daily from Drifter

I got around 1200 tokens from leveling up my character last week nonstop from missions​​
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 149 Arc User
    I gotta say, considering that Top Ten is implied to have sinister motives, they really nailed the feeling of this event being run by villains. Grind upon grind!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Yay! Impressive Physique's shield is useful now! Also, you guys should really give a preview for these new emotes. No, an image isn't enough. Make a gif or video, CO has a YouTube for goodness sake!

373fpu.jpg
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • jeeb51jeeb51 Posts: 78 Arc User
    flyingfinn wrote: »

I agree, so does that mean we have to lvl a toon to 40 once again just to get the retro defender helm?? what if players already did this last time it was run ???
    jeeb51 wrote: »
    flyingfinn wrote: »

I agree, so does that mean we have to lvl a toon to 40 once again just to get the retro defender helm?? what if players already did this last time it was run ???

Yes.

What does that have to do with this time? Different event..different rewards.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    jeeb51 wrote: »
    Then you got the rewards from the last time the event happens. If they redid the event with the same rewards, sure, you could skip it. They decided to have different rewards (and you can still skip it, you'll just lose out on the rewards).
    edited September 2019
    That was fun, leveled in 2 days, total time 15 hours... I need a break
    As the patch notes said, I had to relog in to the character because he didn't got the perk immidiatly
    here is the Emote for anyone interested
    qnrIk7R.gif

Thank you for another chance to earn Gold Reward tokens :D​​
    White people dancing
  • I think the dance should be slowed down, movements are way too fast so they look rather weird.

Looks like you're playing the game on fast forward.
    I think the dance should be slowed down, movements are way too fast so they look rather weird.

Looks like you're playing the game on fast forward.

Super speed dancing \o/
    Buh... when heard "Workout" emote I expected some flexing-related emote. But it's not bad.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • starke1701starke1701 Posts: 11 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »

Heck, if you want you can create the character, skip the tutorial, purchase a lvl 30 jump, then buy ten more levels from the Store. Getting to 40 in a week or less with a brand-new toon is the only criterion.

You need to get to level 6 before you can use the 30 boost... but would that actually count?
    starke1701 wrote: »

You need to get to level 6 before you can use the 30 boost... but would that actually count?

They said get a new char to lv40 by ANY MEANS. So yeah, I think that counts. RIP your Zen tho.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    STOP OVERTHINKING IT

The only rules are:

1. Character created after start date.
    2. Character level 40 before end date.

That's it. That's all. Those are the only rules. If something isn't mentioned in 1 or 2 it doesn't matter.
    edited September 2019

They said get a new char to lv40 by ANY MEANS. So yeah, I think that counts. RIP your Zen tho.

Yeah, I just came back from a long hiatus. I've got some Zen sitting around from my LTS stipend being ignored for years. Grinding the last 10 levels won't be too taxing, and another set of Primary Heirlooms looks appealing.

Yeah, I just came back from a long hiatus. I've got some Zen sitting around from my LTS stipend being ignored for years. Grinding the last 10 levels won't be too taxing, and another set of Primary Heirlooms looks appealing.

if you intend buying a lvl 30 boost and grinding last ten levels, you'd be better off grinding first 24 levels (you start at 6) then buying 10 +1 lvl boosts that cost the same as a lvl 30 boost. Its far far faster to lvl from 6-30 than it is from 30-40
    edited September 2019
    My only complain with the new dance emote it's it doesnt unlock every individual part of the dance as option like Jazzercise (8 EMOTES)

and BOY, those are a lot of different animations together... what is this dance based on?​​
    avianos wrote: »
    My only complain with the new dance emote it's it doesnt unlock every individual part of the dance as option like Jazzercise (8 EMOTES)

and BOY, those are a lot of different animations together... what is this dance based on?​​

The Jazzercise dance has spoiled us, and hence was a mistake u3u

if you intend buying a lvl 30 boost and grinding last ten levels, you'd be better off grinding first 24 levels (you start at 6) then buying 10 +1 lvl boosts that cost the same as a lvl 30 boost. Its far far faster to lvl from 6-30 than it is from 30-40

That reminds me, what's the most efficient way to grind these days? I've been running XP Alerts.

That reminds me, what's the most efficient way to grind these days? I've been running XP Alerts.

I did jail mobs in westside to 12 then the destroids in ren cen, topping up the alert buff as needed

• gothicc1#6647 gothicc1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    -deleted-
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Use your tricked out super vehicle with the huge AoE attacks and do all outdoor missions. Pop into Grabs to top up the XP buff as needed.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • fermifermi Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2019

There are a few clusters in the game where you can get ten or twelve missions all in the same area and wander around and pretty easily complete all of them at once. For example, Gadget Boy and Doctor Toru next to the group of Qularr on Monster Island, or the cluster of missions around the dome city of Lemuria. I usually try and hit all these with a grab bonus and an item bonus. Between them it's more of a scramble.
  • blackscorpion125blackscorpion125 Posts: 9 Arc User
    I agree with several players on this thread, the exclusive costume tokens are basically worthless to any lifetime members or gold members that have been playing for awhile How about some new items to buy at the store or a different worthwhile reward ! After all we are spending a lot of time and/or money to get to level 40 at least make it worth it.
    edited September 2019
    Exchange them for those new additions in the dev store.

I’m even willing to compromise that 5 exclusives = 1 Dev special costume voucher
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Love the Retro Ironclad pieces. Useful for quite a few themes :)
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods