test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pestilence not working?

shaun98ca2shaun98ca2 Posts: 29 Arc User
So I have a new toon I am trying out (FYI haven't played game for years)

And Pestilence says its supposed to damage enemies within 10 ft.

So run up to enemy to test and cant get any closer if I tried,

Nothing Pestilence does nothing. Only adds dot if I attack enemy.

Shouldn't this damage enemies regardless since they are in range?

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    It's supposed to only be active in combat, afaik. But I think you stumbled upon a bug, cause it doesn't seem like the AoE effect is working at R3 or R2, regardless.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • shaun98ca2shaun98ca2 Posts: 29 Arc User
    Now that you mention it that's absolutely when it STOPPED working LOL
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    It's supposed to only be active in combat, afaik. But I think you stumbled upon a bug, cause it doesn't seem like the AoE effect is working at R3 or R2, regardless.

Same for the Fire Form and other PBAOE form passives. None of them deal damage anymore.
    hasukurobi wrote: »
    flowcyto wrote: »

Same for the Fire Form and other PBAOE form passives. None of them deal damage anymore.
    Okay, I'm not noticing this issue for Seraphim's Balance (as weak as it is)- just for Fiery Form. Are there any other examples?
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    If Fiery Form and Pestilence lost their PBAoE damage, that's a QoL improvement, imo. One way fewer for people to mindlessly wake hearts or heal Destroyer (if he ever returns) just by standing in a bad spot.
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    I wonder if moving the PBAOE effect of those passives to a 1pt adv is a bad idea.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
    Perhaps they could just make dmg auras from slotted passives be flagged to not affect those mechanics. If Fiery Form's dmg aura was moved to a separate adv then I'd expect it to be buffed quite a bit.