test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hybrid or DPS build with high dmg who can survive on everything

Hi I just got back on the game and i am kind of outdated about the powers and so one and i need some help with a build that can survive and deal dmg too on any kind of situations cosmics or just normal missions range or close is all welcome

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Gonna have to be a bit more specific about what you're trying to survive. In most situations a dps role has reason to be in, a rank 3 block, some Growth amulets in your primary defense, some consumable heals, and maybe an active defense (current state of the game, I recommend Indestructible), plus knowing the fight, will be adequate. However, you'll still wind up dead if you try to do stuff that is intended for a tank.
  • devillstardevillstar Posts: 24 Arc User
    well somthing easy to play that can survive Qzone, cosmics and do solo missions somthing that wont just die 1000 times on a cosmic fight or on a tt run or gravitar , etc
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    Yea, similar to what Panta said, surviving is less about the powerset you're using and more about what defenses or heals you've taken (which can be spread around multiple and otherwise disparate powersets), and how well you know the fights or encounters to execute them well. That's why saying 'just give me a build that survives all content' isn't really that helpful cause you can port most of those defenses to any build, and the execution of them is the other battle.

A hybrid-dps build can give you quite more leeway to survive non-cosmic content (you still need to block well for cosmics), but then your base dps will be much lower and you may not help your group reach any dps checks. The only other option I may look into is making a dual-passive build, but then you have to be willing to swap between passives and roles to suit when you want to do more dmg or be more defensive.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Don't disregard going Passive-less in a dps role rather than having a defensive and dps passive.

Most of my tanks can run as a dps simply by swapping out the tank gear for basic blue 40 gear w/ r5 mods that enhance the Toggle form and changing the stance to DPS and having no Passive slotted. You won't be in the top tier of dps, but all of mine can make the Dino DPS check without resorting to devices as the dps boost.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
    warcanch wrote: »
    Don't disregard going Passive-less in a dps role rather than having a defensive and dps passive.

Most of my tanks can run as a dps simply by swapping out the tank gear for basic blue 40 gear w/ r5 mods that enhance the Toggle form and changing the stance to DPS and having no Passive slotted. You won't be in the top tier of dps, but all of mine can make the Dino DPS check without resorting to devices as the dps boost.
    Sure. If you're doing that, though, you're just one power slot (and maybe 4 adv points) away from a dual passive build, and you may as well consider that an option then.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    Twas just a suggestion if things get tight on powers taken.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Dual passives with separate sets of gear are great if you basically want one character who is both tough and does damage.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    after all you guys did say now i kind of understand so i want to make a elemental dps but not really sure on the stronghest one to pick or the stats to pick for them since i am kind of obsesed on dmg if i cant make it imortal and huge dmg i pick all the ime ego, dex and rec but it is not working and with the specialization tire i am kind of so-so
  • devillstar wrote: »
    after all you guys did say now i kind of understand so i want to make a elemental dps but not really sure on the stronghest one to pick or the stats to pick for them since i am kind of obsesed on dmg if i cant make it imortal and huge dmg i pick all the ime ego, dex and rec but it is not working and with the specialization tire i am kind of so-so

Hey ~ try this build, https://arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1213806/tk-blade-dps (Thanks @flowcyto )

easy and high damage, none justice set primary gear + 2 cosmic sec gear within 500 dex + 150 con + 101 rec, can do 5.5k DPS on cosmic. That build is perfect for TA and cosmic.
    edited September 2019
    Well, if you want an easy Elemental set that can also perform quite well, then you can try Electricity. Elec's main issues are that LArc roots you, and that the powers can take a bit more energy management, but those things can be worked around.

I'll give you the dual-passive approach here, but it's up to you what type of foundation you want to settle on for the build:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
    v3.4:33

Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Endurance (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Scourge (Con: 10, Ego: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
    Level 9: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Electric Bolt
    Level 1: Chain Lightning (Superconductor)
    Level 6: Electric Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Power Source
    Level 11: Ionic Reverberation
    Level 14: Ball Lightning (Triplicity, Supercharged)
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Lightning Arc (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Lightning Storm (Rank 2, Stolen Thunder)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Gigabolt (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Thundering Return
    Adv. Points: 33/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (2/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (3/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (3/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (2/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

For longer single-target fights, it puts up Negative Ions and Superconductor w/ Ball Lit an Chain Lit, then channels LArc while using Ball Lit on cd (if it's a fast encounter then you can just pick off stragglers w/ Ball Lit and LArc). Gigabolt can be used for long-range AoE, and can be charged for an opener strike, while LStorm can be used when more up-close for AoE. Gears mostly for End (due mainly to Power Source), w/ some Con and Ego.

edit: didn't see Jenny's reply before mine, but yeah TK is good too (as are many powersets), though TK is not really an 'Elemental' set, so I didn't go with it here. Most of the defenses and heals can be copied between the different sets, either way.
    I like the electric build but wont it be better with end primari ?
    edited September 2019
    here is how i made it a bit of a change

Super Stats
    Level 10: Endurance (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 6: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
    Level 9: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Electric Bolt
    Level 1: Chain Lightning (Superconductor)
    Level 6: Electric Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Power Source
    Level 11: Ionic Reverberation
    Level 14: Ball Lightning (Triplicity, Supercharged)
    Level 20: Lightning Arc (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Electric Sheath (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Gigabolt (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35:
    Level 38: Thundering Return
    Adv. Points: 31/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations

Devices

but i kind of think end will be better primari and ego secondary but i am noob so idk for sure :D
    but in special if i have to build alot on end and wont be like rec better than con ?
    devillstar wrote: »
    I like the electric build but wont it be better with end primari ?
    If you're going with power source, probably.
    You can take Ego as PSS for the spec tree but stack mainly End for the form.

Or just take Concentration and PSS Ego. Loading up on Ego not only provides energy through Concentration, but also a cost discount through Insight. Then there is the nice boost to Severity.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    You can take Ego as PSS for the spec tree but stack mainly End for the form.
    End spec tree is actually pretty good, especially if you want a bit of extra survivability, as long as you're willing to stack End.

edited September 2019
    Yea, End PSS is good here too, as long as you commit enough End to it (there's other options as well, like Int w/ Conc or Dex w/ Chilled Form, and usually more than one SS setup can work for a build). Though to clarify, you don't necessarily need to PSS the stat that you focus on- it just depends on the build and other SSs.
    and i was thinking on a fire build but after this i got stuck and i dont know what to pick any more and with the power bonuses or stats for it i am 100% out i am just a noob and a fire build looks nice and strong but if some one do it right if i do it ... will 100% be anything but good :D here is the link https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=33&n=&d=10000000000000000020002D0028002H002A002M002300K500NK000000000000000000000000010000000010000000000&e=
    edited September 2019
    Yea, Fire can be great too.. I hope you can finally decide on a set, but here's a build example for Fire:

Super Stats
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 6: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 15: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Throw Fire
    Level 1: Thermal Reverberation
    Level 6: Fiery Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Fiery Will
    Level 11: Pyre (Rank 2, Backdraft)
    Level 14: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Incendiary Grenade (Chemical Burn, Scorched Ground)
    Level 20: Incinerate (Rank 2, Rank 3, Burninator)
    Level 23: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 26: Absorb Heat (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Conflagration (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Fire Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Fiery Embrace
    Adv. Points: 35/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations

(not an early leveling build, ofc; can start w/ something like Fire Strike and re-train out of it later)

Took the fire grenade in Muni cause it's convenient for Fire as an easy debuffing power. Pyre can be a wide pbAoE and opener AoE, and can provide some AoE CC. Conflag can be your high-dps ranged AoE attack. For single-target dps, just use Incendiary Grenade on cd and channel Incinerate in-between. Absorb Heat gives you another self-heal if you're close enough to your targets. Gears mostly for Rec (due to Fiery Will), w/ some Con and Ego or End.

Kept the dual-passive approach too, but that could be changed for something else if you don't want to do that.
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    *Reads title*
    "Hybrid or DPS build with high dmg who can survive on everything"
    *Thinks of a retort*

Sorry, they don't have cheat codes for the players to use, please try again....

A build is part of the journey to enjoy, the other part is how you play it.
    Post edited by rtma on
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
    edited September 2019
    There is very little content in the game you can't clear with a dps, and most of the exceptions can't be soloed at all (there are some edge cases that can be soloed by specialized tanks). My possibly incomplete list:
    • Main cosmics (not soloable, and a normal dps isn't durable enough to solo tank them, though specialized builds could probably manage)
    • TA legendaries (Teleios and Medusa are absolutely not soloable, the other three might be soloable with a sufficiently degenerate tank though I've never tried, all of them could be tanked by a dps on the durable side).
    • Vikorin (soloable by a sufficiently degenerate tank. Tankable by dps with heals possible though easy to make a mistake).
    • Destroyer's Factory (if you can block a couple of his upgrades maybe. Can be soloed by a tank though annoying, or tanked by a dps with heals on a team).
    • Warzone legendaries (I don't think it's possible to build a tank that is durable enough to survive them while also cranking out the 3500 dps required to beat the timer; tanking them with a dps would be exceedingly risky).
    • Fire and Ice (not soloable, though a dps can tank them wit heals).
    • Sky Command
    • Most dps cannot solo tank Rampage Gravitar, though I've seen a tk blades build do it with siphoning strikes. Any reasonably durable dps with healer support can solo tank and if you're good at dps you'll probably find yourself doing it by accident.
    • Destroids Rise Again (not soloable due to requirement to keep destroids separate and dps requirements to beat timers, but a dps with healer support should be able to tank a destroid).
    • Event Bosses (usually not soloable due to dps requirements to beat timer. Probably all tankable by dps with heals, though).
    Well i did end up with electric dps for no but the things is i dont even know what are the best gears any more any one can give me a point on them like what will be the order and the best i can obtain
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Well i did end up with electric dps for no but the things is i dont even know what are the best gears any more any one can give me a point on them like what will be the order and the best i can obtain

The Champion Recognition Vender in Rencenm in the big building with the Recognition sign on it has a bunch of gear available. All the stuff with its name in gold are the best primary slot gears. the "...of Determination" secondaries and the Cosmic secondaries he has are some of the best secondaries - note that the Determination ones also drop randomly in TA, and the Cosmic ones randomly drop from cosmics. The Onslaught Vendor next to him has secondary gears as well - the gloves of the Slicer and Gloves of the Defender are very good.

Before that, once you hit 40 you can just get some stuff off the auction exchange for your beginning gear. There's some decent blue-quality stuff floating around, but really anything level 40 that boosts your super stats is fine to start with.
    ok I made a force build somthign i wanted to do for so long but i was having problems with the energy but i think this will work if any one can give me some advice if is good or if i can improve it even more . I want to use it for cosmics Qzone and some other random missions around . here is the build :

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=33&n=&d=14870Y748TUa000000300033043603H5039C0038003I033E0BK5038O03NK01MG03I90000002WAL42ct3BUF10000000000&e=

and i was thinking to go full on int so it will boost the dmg the most i was thinking to use ego for primari but i dont think i can hold up the force cascade with primary ego so any sugestions will be welcomed
    Are you changing your build yet again, or are these different characters we're dealing with here? Ego PSS has Insight, so it's fine as an option, but working around FC's extreme cost is harder than using other sets. Power Conversion can help, though, and saving some energy by alternating between it and a blast can also help w/ energy (as could something like Force Sheath). Example:
    https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=33&n=&d=15870c748TUa000000910031039C00BC03I900K503AE033E0B3705JL0038009A031L003I030ckr3UbT3TJe10000000000&e=
    (r1 Tremor is there just to give you a cheaper AoE option that can still proc the EU)

Regardless, I think you got the answer to your original inquiry, which is that there's not one solution to making a cosmic-viable build that can handle all content, and you'll always have to balance dps vs. getting more survival power. I'm not really sure what else you want here.
    edited September 2019
    well i have about 4 ffs that i rotate around so 1 is full on cration 1 i use and 2 idk what to do with for now :))
    I just try more build and i pick the ones i like

And about the stats what do you say will hit harder and better int or ego on pss ?
    Okay, it would have been nice to know earlier that you wanted builds for more than one character, but nonetheless either Int or Ego can work fine. Ego PSS is a bit better for ranged dps in general, but Int PSS is more competitive against targets w/ high innate resist, like Cosmic-level ones.
    hey guys what do you say about this mele build
    https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=33&n=&d=11270k1279EK0400u0C000C100C200CC07CH00EP0LE800JD03K503BB03CG00CJ03C800CR033bCP0ca13BQE10000000000&e=

and it will be full on dex with str for extra crit severity
    I'd drop Intensity for unranked Imbue and put the adv points into Viper's Fangs. If energy is a problem go for Dragon Rush in Dragon Kick. Not sure why you have Inexorable Tides when you have Dragon Kick. Resurgence R2 might be a better choice, or a self rez or add a 2nd tank passive for when you want to be tougher.
    JwLmWoa.png
    hey guys what do you say about this mele build
    https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=33&n=&d=11270k1279EK0400u0C000C100C200CC07CH00EP0LE800JD03K503BB03CG00CJ03C800CR033bCP0ca13BQE10000000000&e=

and it will be full on dex with str for extra crit severity
    Okay, here's an edit of that build:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Melee Damage)
    v3.41:33

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Predator (Str: 10, Dex: 10, Con: 8, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Covert Ops Training (Str: 3, Dex: 3, Con: 3, Int: 3)
    Level 9: Martial Focus (Str: 5, Dex: 5)
    Level 12: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 21: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Hawk's Talons
    Level 1: Viper's Fangs (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Night Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3, Silent Running)
    Level 8: Steadfast
    Level 11: Form of the Tiger
    Level 14: Dragon Kick (Rank 2, Dragon Rush)
    Level 20: Dragon's Claws (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Smoke Bomb Lunge
    Level 29: Retaliation (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Intensity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35:
    Level 38: Devastating Strike (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Acrobatics
    Level 35: Ninja Leaves

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (2/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (1/3)
    Strength: Overpower (2/3)
    Brawler: The Glory of Battle (1/3)
    Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
    Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
    Brawler: Finishing Blow (2/3)
    Brawler: Flanking (3/3)
    Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

None of the AOs are that great in general for dps, imo (w/ a few conditional exceptions), but ranked Intensity will still boost your base dmg, help break free, and add some Str and Dex (Imbue is okay instead, though you'd want to pop it at significant health deficits, ideally). DK can give you Rush to help afford DC spam on bosses (and can also help w/ AoE). The open power slot can be w/e ya want. Gears mostly for Dex, w/ some Con and Str.