test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All the pink blades

nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 969 Arc User
edited September 2019 in Power Discussion
Ego blade weaponry:
There's an issue with this power, i dont know if it was intended to mess with block timers, but there's a clear delay with blocking on the third part of this combo, but this delay acts different with dual and single ego blades, where you can easily block half third part of the combo (third part of the combo has 2 hits, and you can block cancel that last part), you can't do that easily with the third part of the same combo with dual ego blades, forcing you to do the full combo and getting killed due to late blocking.
Hopefully this can be shown here in these webm:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/393186310673924101/618324615210729475/single_blade.webm single blade

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/393186310673924101/618324636328787978/dual_blade.webm dual blade​​
Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
Tagged:

Comments

• mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    First up... shouldn't this be in the bugs section?

Second... interesting. Does this effect dual blades? Near as I can tell both the Ego based and Physical based versions use a number of, if not all, the same animations.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    So it's like another ERuin situation, where the window is smaller and failing to meet the window prioritizes finishing the anim over the block? Hm.. yea I seem to be noticing it too, for both single and dual blade versions.

And yea, I'm getting a similar visual glitch as w/ old ER where the bugged cancel also briefly shows a filled charge bar, and this makes even less sense for EW since it's not a charged move :p

As a formality, did you report this on the bug forum, or do you want me to?
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    edited September 2019
    mordray001 wrote: »
    Second... interesting. Does this effect dual blades? Near as I can tell both the Ego based and Physical based versions use a number of, if not all, the same animations.
    It's harder to tell for some of the others. I am noticing it also for Viper's Fangs, Slash, Blade Tempest, Reaper's Caress, Lightspeed Strike, Bullet Ballet, Beatdown, Defense Combo, Lash, Iron Chain, Barbed Chain, Thundering Kicks, and Cleave. Even also for Onslaught (though it's not flagged as a combo). Some have it more prominently than others, maybe due to the varying degree of 'backswing' in each anim, but it usually happens when canceling late into the last hit. Shred and Frenzy don't seem to have the issue, oddly, but that's just w/ brief testing.

So it's much more widespread than EW (though EW seems to be one of the worst offenders). I wonder how many more powers are like this.. would rather not have to test them all :/
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    So it's much more widespread than EW (though EW seems to be one of the worst offenders). I wonder how many more powers are like this.. would rather not have to test them all :/

Well, just post in the bugs section that you found this issue with multiple combo powers and tell Kaizerin to look at aaaaaaaaaaaaall combos. She can probably see on her end pretty quickly which ones have block window issues.
    edited September 2019
    I was going to do some quick re-testing to make sure, but I'll make the bug report soon.

edit: re-testing seemed to confirm everything. Here's a link to the report thread:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1213809/more-block-canceling-issues-mostly-w-combos

If anyone else finds or suspects other powers of this, then let us know.
    Post edited by flowcyto on
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 969 Arc User
    sorry for not posting this on bug sections since i wasnt too sure about it in the first place (this was also written down near 3 am, so i was really tired)
    Also, this is a long time issue that I'm sure lots of other people did notice too already​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Kaiserin knows about this. I might have brought this issue a thousand times in discord

Also on my thread of Revised Powerset Known Issues that was tagged to drop from the first page as confirmed to me by a forum mod. Guess someone shouldn't have tagged the topic to drop from the first page o3o​​
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    So then working as intended. That's fine with me cause I don't think I've ever had combos make me miss a block.... I think... `_`... I'ma go rewatch some videos...