test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More block canceling issues (mostly w/ Combos)

flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
edited September 2019 in Gameplay Bugs
Similar to the complaints about Ebon Ruin, that were looked into, the last hit/portion of most combos seems to also have a bugged block canceling interaction if the block was queued late into the animation. This is where finishing the animation seems to take priority over blocking, and a visual glitch of a charged power bar briefly flashes on the screen (none of these powers are charged). The most egregious one seems to be with Ego Weaponry, possibly due to its final section being 2 hits and w/ a long ending animation (and I'm getting it for both dual- and single-blade versions):
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1213808/all-the-pink-blades

.. but upon further testing, it seems like this is true for the final hit/portion of most combo powers, including:
- Bullet Ballet
- Lightspeed Strike
- Viper's Fangs
- Blade Tempest
- Reaper's Caress
- Slash
- Thundering Kicks
- Cleave
- Beatdown
- Defensive Combo
- Iron Chain
- Barbed Chain
- Lash

and
- Onslaught (not a combo atm, but both hits seem to be affected)
- Telekinetic Strike

The only two combos I did *not* notice it on were Shred and Frenzy during the brief testing, but you may still want to look at them to make sure it's all aboveboard.
I should also note that the delay's extent isn't the same for all of these, and probably depending on how long the 'backswing' of each animation is. For example, TKicks delay is harder to trigger and is much shorter when it happens vs. Ego Weaponry's, but it still seems to be there.

Also, while we're here: It seems like Dust Devil, Strafing Run, and Ball Lightning also still have this block canceling issue, where canceling too late makes the power's summoning animation complete and delay the block (the one for Strafing Run is especially bad). I assume this isn't intended either.

There may be other powers w/ this issue (hopefully not), but these are the ones I know of thus far. Thanks for your time.

(edit: added TK Strike to the list, as its final hit can also run into it)
<CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
- Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
Post edited by flowcyto on

Comments