test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 8/29/2019

2»

Comments

• hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    The great thing about charge speed bonus is that it helps all builds equally, so long as they're using charges.
    So long as they are using Charges and either doing it constantly or you manage to coordinate that short window so that they get to take advantage of it. There are a few powers in this game that help with speed of charges and I rarely see anyone using them. Aura of Arcane Clarity does this and more and I almost NEVER see a build with it because it is always superior to go with something else even Aura of Primal Majesty.

I largely have to agree with mastercontrol7's take on it. I generally use Charge moves very sparingly even on my Melee users even the Heavy Weapons ones. Take Arc of Ruin for instance. In time it takes to fully charge it you would deal more damage tapping Cleave for its combo. Makes it pretty useless. Most of the time Maintains and Combos > Charge attacks and do not suffer as much from the constant need to block, getting held, stunned, or knocked as mastercontrol7 points out.

Though I do have to question if the perk is even working at the moment. At the very least I think there was a misprint here because it does not provide energy anymore nor does the actual description suggest that it does anymore which makes it even worse. It would actually be sort of interesting if it gave everyone Reckless or Furious.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    y'all dumbos.

The reason why you are not noticing any change to charge speed while using Power Chord is probably cause there's an AoAC in the party.

Charge speed reduction buffs do not stack.​​
  • bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    I think I'm learning a lot about why we fail dino checks from these posts.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    hasukurobi wrote: »
    Take Arc of Ruin for instance. In time it takes to fully charge it you would deal more damage tapping Cleave for its combo. Makes it pretty useless.

That is quite an understatement. Arc of Ruin is one of HW best aoe and utility power. You can tap it to apply/refresh No Quarter and refresh CF while you charge your main crushing attack. It's also easy to use for quick mob clear since it's a pbaoe.

mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    The ‘Casual Long’ hairstyle is very nice, best we’ve had in a while!
    All these new costumes, actually, + ‘Power Skating’, emotes, transformations… look pretty cool. Loving the Might review. Solid update! :+1:
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    Now that Skating works in PTS, i Absolutely LOVE IT
    We need more Unique travel powers like this
    oGHGdVV.gif
    Add an ice-trail effect to this, and it's a day-one purchase for Cryogen. :)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • xparibaxxparibax Posts: 149 Arc User
    question: Topten says you can get favour from opening anni gifts. is this true? I opened 1500 last night to get the 2500gift opened perk and didn't get a single favour. 27 costumes, 60+tacos, 11 afigs- no favour.
    Can someone check that please?

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    The only people who use fully charged powers are ones at cosmics or being forced to do so, or doing it just out to make sure they get out the max damage, there not much of reason to max out your charge unless you can do this willingly without cool down behind it, if your attacks are must be full charge to fire\used, you at a disadvantage because if you are

Knocked, it will be cancelled.
    Held, it will be cancelled.
    Interrupted, you already know.

The block button is right there. Also that entire first part is complete nonsense. I think you must be wearing blinders. When I stand in the melee I see tons of people using full charges. When I stand with the ranged, if someone isn't using maintains I see them charging. As it turns out I'm not unique in hating the process of constantly taptaptapping powers.

If you're talking about alerts, or other cardboard cutout shooting gallery content, then you're talking about content where most of the mobs have less hp than a full charge would do. Are you really worried about the efficacy of a buff that you get every 90 seconds in that kind of content?
    Take Arc of Ruin for instance.

Arc of Ruin is a terrible example for what you're claiming. Arc of Ruin is an alpha strike, and a debuff applier. You charge Arc of Ruin while running into a group of NPCs, then let it fire once you're in the middle of them. For applying a debuff, you tap it. While dpsing there's no reason you would charge Arc of Ruin because the only thing you want from it is the debuff and you get that on tap. Then you get back to fully charged Annihilates.

As for Reckless or Furious... see Howl and Call To Battle and how jazzed people are for those powers.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    8/30/2019 Patch:
    Addressed an issue where the Casual hair 1 and 2 unlocks were swapped.
    Addressed an issue where the Casual Jacket 2 costume wasn't unlocking for female characters. These changes are retroactive.
    When is Jeweled Mask 2 getting fixed? I have a costume unlock device for it , but the device doesn't work, and if I try to find the mask in the tailor it seemingly doesn't exist.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    xparibax wrote: »
    question: Topten says you can get favour from opening anni gifts. is this true? I opened 1500 last night to get the 2500gift opened perk and didn't get a single favour. 27 costumes, 60+tacos, 11 afigs- no favour.
    Can someone check that please?

They used to have a chance of giving 1-3 favour but that was removed last year
  • xparibaxxparibax Posts: 149 Arc User
    Ah, i was afraid of that, thanks. They better change topten's blurb then, as folks in zone are like "just open boxes" :(

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    favor drops became autoloot as I recall. That's what they are in a bunch of other events.
  • mastercontrol7mastercontrol7 Posts: 181 Arc User
    The only people who use fully charged powers are ones at cosmics or being forced to do so, or doing it just out to make sure they get out the max damage, there not much of reason to max out your charge unless you can do this willingly without cool down behind it, if your attacks are must be full charge to fire\used, you at a disadvantage because if you are

Knocked, it will be cancelled.
    Held, it will be cancelled.
    Interrupted, you already know.

The block button is right there. Also that entire first part is complete nonsense. I think you must be wearing blinders. When I stand in the melee I see tons of people using full charges. When I stand with the ranged, if someone isn't using maintains I see them charging. As it turns out I'm not unique in hating the process of constantly taptaptapping powers.

What about the block button? why should i cancel my attack that needed to be fully charged when i can just fire it and turn to my block when i see it possible to do so? it Completely stupid that i need fill the bar just to have the shot to be fired, that to me is complete nonsense.

The first is true people do these at cosmic to aim for high score or where ever the high score is shown, so i don't see how that is nonsense, there are powers that do have Force 100% Charge to fire, like rocket, and you can not truly control on how you get knock, held and interrupted and morely on interrupted if the attack power is a lock you in place, like while you putting the rocket back in your pants, you could had just fired it and move the heck away, i had did that pretty well fighting clone gravitar, before the Rocket nerf, compare to now.

If you're talking about alerts, or other cardboard cutout shooting gallery content, then you're talking about content where most of the mobs have less hp than a full charge would do. Are you really worried about the efficacy of a buff that you get every 90 seconds in that kind of content?

lot of false info there foxo, you do know mobs can get buffs and passives right? so attack that do 13k won't guarantee will kill it outright and the time it takes to charge like defile is way to long for one target when everthing else is attacking you at once xD

so yeah a debuff that i can get ever 90seconds? i pass

unless you mean buff like damage resistance buff or furious, they are a get or forgot for me. if i can apply it good, if not, work with what i got, it shouldn't be a problem for me. buff are just a option really.
    so i don't see why a full charge power would that big of a deal unless you want to be a Showoff

and one more thing, if rocket have this red hot fury i like using so much but, if the rocket go back to,

fire and any percent of a charge and 5-7 seconds, i would complete drop the advantage right away, and put a rank2 with the knock advantage, really couldnt careless for that buff.

and due the change to defender glove i will have to drop my Gatling gun very soon, because it do more harm then good really, atleast for me. 3o3

Take Arc of Ruin for instance.

Arc of Ruin is a terrible example for what you're claiming. Arc of Ruin is an alpha strike, and a debuff applier. You charge Arc of Ruin while running into a group of NPCs, then let it fire once you're in the middle of them. For applying a debuff, you tap it. While dpsing there's no reason you would charge Arc of Ruin because the only thing you want from it is the debuff and you get that on tap. Then you get back to fully charged Annihilates.

what you saying is Arc of Ruin sucks, it only good for debuffing and that it.... not for damage or anything else, it just a tool like all munitions Tree. then hasukurobi got a point then... that the case it could just been a tab vs being a charge, right?
  • behemothking#9246 behemothking Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Kaiserin! Whaaaat are you doingggggg??? Impressive Physique is sooooo bad. Comeeeeeee onnnnnnn. Do you even playtest your powers? It's effectively an unusable heal power. It heals as much as Life Essence, but has a 6 second cooldown. This thing is so hard to use on the players that need healing. Not only is it limited to a 20ft range, but it can only reach the nearest 5 allies, which includes summons like Hydra or sidekicks or any other summon thingies. So if there happens to be a player that needs healing, but there are summons closer to you than you are to that player, you'll be unable to heal that player. And you can't simply reposition yourself to be nearer to that person because the power roots you in place and if you stop maintaining to move, the power has a freaking 6 second cooldown!

The power doesn't burst heal enough to be called a burst heal. It takes 1.4 seconds to make it a "burst" heal while there exists things like Iniquity that bursts a bunch to the specific player that you want in 100ft in 0.5s or like Vala's lets you pick whatever player in a 50ft range and 4 other players within 25ft of that player or like Bionic Shielding where you can apply it on as many targets as you want in 0.67s each and it will burst heal like 5 times whenever the player takes damage.

Jfc the shield doesn't even make up for the lack of healing power and utility. I used this thing in Andrith Ruins and Destroyers Factory and mobs effectively rip through the shield.

You just end up using other powers instead to heal while waiting for the perfect time to use this one because the consequence of using the heal is having to wait 6 seconds to be able to use it again. Meanwhile you could have just used a drain heal like Life Essence instead for far more versatile and unlimited use.

And all of you better not go telling me it's not supposed to be a main healing power or that it's supposed to just be used on a STR build. You don't know what you're talking about if you say that. This power got an increased energy cost from the last time it was changed on PTS and that makes it even more of a healer power. It didn't even get a knock added onto it so there's no way it would be useful on a good STR build.

FFS Kaiserin just take the CD off if you have no ideas about how to make a good 6s cd healing power.

You all might look at this post like I'm super frustrated, and I am. Because I can create posts and suggestions backed by evidence and reasoning that I worked for hours to compile to try and help make the game better, but Kaiserin can take as little as a glance and decide not to do a thing as a result and my work would end up valueless and the game would continue to be no better than it was before. And then off goes Kaiserin doing the same thing as ever not giving any effort to communicate with her player base about what she thinks and failing to document changes in patch notes and crap.
    I will reply with the one cookie cutter reply you left out:

It's supposed to be a niche power​​
    Wow, it heals as much as Life Essence? That's way more than what I was expecting from the complaining. Life Essence can keep people up during Kiga ice storms no problem so I guess that's proof that flexy heal is a good heal power.
  • mastercontrol7mastercontrol7 Posts: 181 Arc User
    Kaiserin you need to listen to people who playing this game, not people talking right out of their rear to make themselves look good.

behemothking#9246 got a very good point.

If we going to start having crappy powers, then this game will is going to start losing people, that will be by your design alone.

Thank you for the Casual lockbox BTW :D

But the tank top should have longer version. I don't know about the rest, im working on unlocking them.
    Wow, it heals as much as Life Essence? That's way more than what I was expecting from the complaining. Life Essence can keep people up during Kiga ice storms no problem so I guess that's proof that flexy heal is a good heal power.

Life essence can keep people alive in storms because you can move next to the person that is dieing and make him not die anymore.

Flex heal as BK has already posted is self root power that targets the closest things alive. Sigils, pets and rocks will eat up the heal and if you reposition yourself, BANG 6 second cooldown.

You need to get some better baits. Here, I'll pm you and hook you up with my provider.​​
  • spinnytop wrote: »

You seem to like to go out of your way to demonstrate that you lack reading comprehension. You ever look at yourself and say, "Jeez, I'm being such an idiot. I should really think before I try to say something"? 15,500 low content forum posts tells me not.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I'm still using Impressive Physique on my main. I really hate how useless the shield is and the heal ticks are slow af. I only keep it because I love the concept of it. Right now, I just treat it like Conviction with it's aoe adv rather than a maintain.

Please @kaizerin, just turn the shield into a self-heal and change the ticks into 0,5secs...
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I know I'm gonna get bad reacts cuz people don't like pvp.

But bladed fury and call to battle are knocking always or almost always, regardless of knock resist on the victim, or lack of knock strength on the caster. (As tested with a full dex build with no str using these two abilities, vs a 500 str might build)

also, ice sheathe isn't working properly with chill.

• nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User

You seem to like to go out of your way to demonstrate that you lack reading comprehension. You ever look at yourself and say, "Jeez, I'm being such an idiot. I should really think before I try to say something"? 15,500 low content forum posts tells me not.

Don't worry, BK; iniquity is going away soon enough. :)
    [NbK]XStorm
    nbkxs wrote: »
    Don't worry, BK; iniquity is going away soon enough. :)

\o/
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Nuclear Shockwave
    No longer needs to be charged.
    Reduced radius to 10ft (from 20).
    Increased target cap to 7 (from 5).
    Increased damage and cost.
    Increased cooldown to 30 seconds (from 0).
    Now has a chance to apply Particle Burn based on rank.
    Now Knocks back, down or repels targets based on distance from you.
    Updated visuals.
    New Advantage (2): Applies Disintegrate to targets.
    and speaking of Powers with SUPER Questionable CD and Limitations
    Wow... ok AND NOT A SINGLE DAMN WAS GIVEN FOR NUCLEAR SHOCKWAVE
    From evolving from wet Noodle Damage to HUGE CD that doesn't make sense and doesn't even come close on damage like Lance Rain and Rocket
    Well done... 30 CD huh? and no more utility advs

30 seconds CD IS NOT A BUFF WHY Would you do that?
    when Lance rain and Rocket get 20 Second CD and better DPS?
    Just delete OSV powers all together :#

Can't wait for Gravity Ripple to get revamp and get 1 and a half minutes CD!​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited September 2019
    avianos wrote: »
    and no more utility advs

o3o
    Patchnotes wrote: »

u3u
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Patchnotes wrote: »

u3u
    because Disintegrate is really worth it alone UWU BEANS on a 30-25 seconds CD power, on a MIGHT powerframe
    Needs MORE utilities and advs and the CD to be 20 seconds equal to Lance rain and Rocket, as I suggested a lot of them in PTS forums already

Keep posting UWU BEANS​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Having a way to tap on your damage debuff is always nice \owo/ great utility!
  • shortbus#4297 shortbus Posts: 100 Arc User
    Im digging Impressive Physique and the change to Power Chord advantage.
    Throw in some Str, Con, and End..
    A little Power Conversion from Laser sword (I am addicted to it on End using toons)
    Some Arbiter and Sentry spec trees.
    And BAM.. DPS Bard kicking out the buffs and heals while also doing some good DPS lovin’, B)
  • behemothking#9246 behemothking Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Burning Chi Fist + Adv
    20ft Knock To, Deals damage in up to 20ft, 1.5s activate + charge time, No cooldown

Havoc Stomp + Adv
    20ft Knock To, Does not deal damage past 10ft, 1.83s activate + charge time, 6 second cooldown

Kaiserin, what is up with this?

Also don't even need adv for it to apply cooldown.

Compare Brimstone vs. Havoc Stomp

Similar damage, similar AoE range, Brimstone has no cd, Havoc Stomp has 6s cd.
    If I recall correctly the cooldown was added to prevent the animation from desyncing​​
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Not sure if true, but since this update noticing Teleios Ascendant, and Perfection of Body mobs' thunderclap, can still stun you through block sometimes even if early block.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Rework the animation instead?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Posts: 274 Arc User
    OK, Whose bright idea was it to increase the cost of Force Sheathe so that I have to reduce another power by a full Rank to use it?
    @Powerblast in game
  • khadharkhadhar Posts: 29 Arc User
    Okay, you know what? I hate a lot of the new changes, but fine. But revert the changes you made to costume colour channels. You can gimp my powers all you like, but don't you dare touch my freaking costumes. You broke my beegirl's costume by altering the channels on plated bands, and who knows what else you've messed up with your "improvements"...
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Why don’t you post it in bugs instead of complaining....what exactly did they screw up? Are you not able to adjust the channels?
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    I guess this goes here...

The Retro Defender Gloves? The ones you get from Top 10 for talking to the people?

All I can find are bracers. Is that right?

I wouldn't really give it a second thought except for two things:

1) The info says "Retro Defender Gloves
    2) Defender himself, modeling the costume for us right now, seems to be wearing gloves that I can not match the pattern to.

Those two things add up to me thinking that there are actual gloves out there. I just can't find them.

• kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    They are bracers. Defender is wearing the Virtual gloves.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User

Thank you.
  • shortbus#4297 shortbus Posts: 100 Arc User

Speaking of the bracers, will there be a glow option similar to the boots for the 2 right side colors?
    When compared to the boots, it kind of looks like the glowing thing was missed.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Speaking of the bracers, will there be a glow option similar to the boots for the 2 right side colors?
    When compared to the boots, it kind of looks like the glowing thing was missed.

+1

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • meneshmenesh Posts: 54 Arc User
    BUG:
    Indestructible doesn't have a max number of advantage points set. So you can buy both R3 and Unchained.
    Regeneration seems to have the same bug, only with no effect since you can only spend 4 points on it anyway.
    menesh wrote: »
    BUG:
    Indestructible doesn't have a max number of advantage points set. So you can buy both R3 and Unchained.
    Regeneration seems to have the same bug, only with no effect since you can only spend 4 points on it anyway.

Indestructable is the new meta! Enjoy it while it lasts! = =\( o w o)/