test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

13»

Comments

• theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    > @flowcyto said:

> .. They seem to have changed that on the PTS as well. The max bonus is capped at 25% at R1, 30% at R2, and 36% (25*1.2*1.2) at R3.

Thanks for the info! I didn’t realize that aspect of it had been changed on PTS.
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Well, here's hoping that this hidden benefit gets documented in the tool tip. I've been playing quite awhile now and never knew about it. I can't imagine anyone ever taking a different AO (especially given the new CDs) if this hidden advantage were actually documented.

Either that, or they should remove this ramping up based on declining HP. Do we really need basically 2 Draysha effects in the game?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • mastercontrol7mastercontrol7 Posts: 181 Arc User
    Just want to throw this out Here to show what we getting.

Onslaught Defender Glove 5%

Damage\Shield Return
    200= \10 x>10 =100
    400= \30 x>10 =300
    3,215= \162 x>10 =1,620
    13,733= \714 x>10 =7,140
    50,000= \2,500 x>10 =25,000
    137,330= \7,140 x>10 =71,400

Note: the percentage is just as same on Live BTW
    Any Damage you Do will Be overwritten by each other Regardless if it high or low of each other.

Reckless Bastion 3% [?]

Damage \Shield Return
    328= \12
    652= \25

2649= \101

4753= \199
    11786= \472
    58930= \2,360
    176790= \7,080

True to it's name i guess...
    is it supposed to be this low? :S
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer

FC.31.20190827.4
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    kaizerin wrote: »

FC.31.20190810.1

Masterful Dodge
    • Removed Unfettered Strikes advantage.
    ​​

May i ask why? I think i am about the only person with this adv. and i really enjoy using it. What gives?

Also, what about this?
    Are you going to address shadow strike in the near future? Make it an actual power / separate it from NW? Sneak and shadow strike should cost a power point each, no?

NW with two freebie powers, is a huge no-no in my book.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    Ebon Ruin: Fixed a bug where this power had a very small window to block cancel it.
    Thank you very much~ onion-7.gif​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited August 2019
    New Power: Bladed Fury
    Martial Arts Shared Ultimate
    Deals damage to targets around you hat scales off of your focus stacks. Knocks down targets and applies Shredded.

BUG: Bladed Fury work on tap instead of requiring fully charge
    BUG: Block Cancelling Bladed Furystill deals damage

[GIF SETS]
    5ccasBg.gif
    zgbF1WT.gif

GO CRAZY
    REALLY NICE ULTIMATE, i was about to say I was going to give it to my Bestial characters... then realized it scales with FOCUS... damn it​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Wow, that's some nerf to Imbue. Almost as much a nerf to Ice Sheath (only gets the severity bonus for every stack of chill). Hard to tell what buffs the other AOs are supposed to have received. Might be good to actually list the changes to each AO to make comparisons easier. Almost feels like AOs are being phased out?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    May i ask why? I think i am about the only person with this adv. and i really enjoy using it. What gives?
    Unfettered's dmg bonus wasn't quite a base dmg bonus since it was in the Offense layer, and didn't have much uptime due to the long cd of ADs. It wasn't really that great before, for the point investment.
    -

Glad to see that ERuin got fixed too. Rest of the stuff seems like a mixed bag, but I'm not too surprised to see Imbue and other AOs re-balanced. It seems Imbue is much more about popping it at lower health now (only +4.7% crit and severity at r3 at 100% health), and the max bonus was nerfed again (25% at max at r3).

I assume the changes to Chill won't affect Ice Spear dps, since the tooltip says "for each stack of Chill you have on the target"? Hmm..

I think it's about time that AO's general damage bonus was changed and re-balanced to affect base damage, if that's feasible. There's still going to be this issue where AOs are markedly weaker for geared dps than for healers, lowbies, or committed tanks- and that's a weird place to be. As is, +80% bonus dmg at r3 is still only like +8-10% base dmg for a geared dps w/ a stacked toggle, while it's up.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    I assume the changes to Chill won't affect Ice Spear dps, since the tooltip says "for each stack of Chill you have on the target"? Hmm..
    Depends on whether it's fixed. Previously ice spear did damage based on total chill stacks as long as at least one of them was yours (if none were yours, there was no bonus damage).
    I think it's about time that AO's general damage bonus was changed and re-balanced to affect base damage, if that's feasible.
    Alternately, just add a proc effect that gets scaled by your damage bonuses. That would have the side benefit of making active offenses slightly less generic.
    Which damage bonuses? Those from Offense, from stats, from Utility mods? All of those? Something else?
    Alternately, just add a proc effect that gets scaled by your damage bonuses. That would have the side benefit of making active offenses slightly less generic.

JwLmWoa.png
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    Depends on whether it's fixed. Previously ice spear did damage based on total chill stacks as long as at least one of them was yours (if none were yours, there was no bonus damage).
    Ah, I see. I guess the stacking change was done to better normalize it w/ other debuffs in group settings, and hopefully that's fixed Ice Spear in the process.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Which damage bonuses? Those from Offense, from stats, from Utility mods? All of those? Something else?
    All damage bonuses that apply to the type of damage it's doing. Which mean choice of active offense would depend on the rest of your build.
    Laughing Zephyr
    Now applies 2 stacks of Charged up at r1, 3 at r2, and 5 at r3
    I completely forgot this power even existed. Nice addition i guess...
    Active Offenses
    Ranking these up now provides a larger bonus to damage.

Imbue
    Reduced Crit and Severity amount.
    Updated tooltip to reflect that the amount scales with your health.

Ice Sheathe
    The Critical Severity now scales based on the amount of your Chill stacks on your target.
    Liking the fact that all AOs got actually buffed
    well... I was excpecting the Imbue and Ice Sheathe nerf to be honest

Some NEW AOs for existing powerframes (Sorcery, Force, Earth, Infernal e,t,c) would be nice for variety
    Master of the Mind/Feral Rage
    Reduced cooldown to 90 seconds (from 150).
    and they are still go on CD with AO/AD, not event gonna bother​​
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Now it feels mandatory to use Draysha Supercharge to make the most out of Imbue's Crit chance/sev bonus. Little salty that it is not a bug. The +20% all dmg str to AOs won't be that much compared to Imbue+Supercharge.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    edited August 2019
    Unfettered's dmg bonus wasn't quite a base dmg bonus since it was in the Offense layer, and didn't have much uptime due to the long cd of ADs. It wasn't really that great before, for the point investment.

What? It has an uptime of 15 seconds and unfettered strikes adds 900 dmg to my spikes. Sure, it's not all that great on low dmg toons, but that's their own fault. Also, i didn't ask you, i asked the developer.

• lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    > adds 900 dmg to my spikes.
    >Sure, it's not all that great on low dmg toons, but that's their own fault.

? That isn't how math works though

If my DPS is 1000 and a power gives me 900 extra damage, it's adding 90% extra damage, whereas if my DPS is 10k and a power adds 900, it's adding 9% extra damage.

Like we shouldn't have to explain you these kind of things if you were paying attention in school instead of posting on this forum o3o​​
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Unfettered was the only thing making it possible to kill tanks. PvP is ruined.
    edited August 2019
    I have a bone to pick o3o

New MA Ultimate:
    1) is a click
    2) commanding presence
    3) knocks
    4) applies shreded

MEANWHILE

New Brick Ultimate:
    1) is a charge
    2) knocks
    3) eats all your form stacks

WHY are the MA Ultimates universally better than the Brick Ultimates?

3 out of the 5 MA Ultimates apply Commanding Prescence vs 1 of the Brick Ultimates
    4 out of the 5 MA Ultimates deal spike damage without having an impact on your overall DPS vs 1 of the Brick Ultimates

I expect the Ultimates to go live tomorrow, but please consider rebalancing the MA Ultimates in the future (or in the best case improbable scenario, buffing the Brick ultimates)​​
    edited August 2019
    For comparison's sake

Energy Projector Ultimates: 6
    Number of Ultimates that apply Commanding Presence: 2 (Fractal Aegis and Storm Strike)
    Number of Ultimates that don't negatively impact on your DPS: 2 (Gravity Driver and Whirpool)

Technology Ultimates: 5
    Number of Ultimates that apply Commanding Presence: 1, Showdown (BIG LOL)
    Number of Ultimates that don't negatively impact on your DPS: 2 (Fire All Weapons and Meltdown)

Mentalist Ultimates: 4
    Number of Ultimates that apply Commanding Presence: 2 (Mental Impact and EBP)
    Number of Ultimates that don't negatively impact on your DPS: 2 (Mental Impact and EBP...wow much vary)

Mystic Ultimates: 5
    Number of Ultimates that apply Commanding Presence: 1, Feral Rage (LOL x 2)
    Number of Ultimates that don't negatively impact on your DPS: 1 (Crashing Incantation) + Utility Ultimate: Transcendence​​
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Buffing the brick (and other) ultimates is probably better. For starters, gobbling up all your form stacks is pretty atrocious, and frankly, I've never understood CO's bizarre fetish for "it's gotta consume some buffs/debuffs for extra damage."
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    edited August 2019
    aesica wrote: »
    Buffing the brick (and other) ultimates is probably better. For starters, gobbling up all your form stacks is pretty atrocious, and frankly, I've never understood CO's bizarre fetish for "it's gotta consume some buffs/debuffs for extra damage."

Lot's of MMO do the whole "setup some buff/debuff to then detonate for huge spike damage". Mostly Assassin class, like Aion or Tera's where they setup runes/edges.

In both of the examples I gave the classes optimal DPS is built around following a combo rotation to rapidly apply the buff/debuff and then immediately detonate, rinse and repeat.

In CO the most similar thing we have is Reaper's Embrace and Ego Blade Annihilation.

However in the case of powers in CO that consume your form stacks this does not work for 3 reasons:

1) The forms have an internal cooldown meaning nothing you can do can optimize how fast you regain your stacks
    2) The powers that exploit your form stacks generally have a very long cooldown
    3) The damage these powers do in exchange for your form stacks is not worth it and actively hurts your DPS, that is to say, detonating your form stacks is not the optimal DPS route to go.

I've brought these issues in the past to Kaiserin, with powers like Feral Rage and now Final Punch, and her response has been that they are meant to be spike damage skills that are not supposed to be spammed. Yet Final Punch deals 60k damage and proceeds to nerf my DPS for the following 32 seconds, and I can achieve the same spike by using Reaper's Embrace which is spammable and does not actively hurt my DPS.​​
    edited August 2019
    Suggestion: Please give Bladed Fury an 1point ADV that makes it scale with ENRAGED stacks instead of Focus

Since Bestial got such a... that kind of ultimate... we need alternative powers and Bladed Fury fits perfectly Bestial
    ​​
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    [q
    avianos wrote: »
    Suggestion: Please give Bladed Fury an 1point ADV that makes it scale with ENRAGED stacks instead of Focus

Since Bestial got such a... that kind of ultimate... we need alternative powers and Bladed Fury fits perfectly Bestial
    ​​
    I'd much rather if all ultimates that scale of the stacks from a form scaled of the stacks from any form. If that has to cost a single advantage point, then so be it.
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Number of Ultimates that don't negatively impact on your DPS: 2 (Gravity Driver and Whirpool)

This is inaccurate u3u
    aesica wrote: »

I didn't realize a handful of powers using a mechanic in a pool of a hundred or so qualifies as an obsession. By that logic I'm obsessed with vacuuming because I do it once a month u3u

If my DPS is 1000 and a power gives me 900 extra damage, it's adding 90% extra damage, whereas if my DPS is 10k and a power adds 900, it's adding 9% extra damage.

Like we shouldn't have to explain you these kind of things if you were paying attention in school instead of posting on this forum o3o​​

What? I did not say dps i said spike dmg. Letard..

Then what you said makes even less sense.
    No, you people are just posting for the sake of posting. But it's alright, forum trolls are not new to me.

Like we shouldn't have to explain you these kind of things if you were paying attention in school instead of posting on this forum o3o

....but....the math is still the same...............d00d!!!1!

Here, I'll walk you through it

If my spike damage is 1000 and a power gives me 900 extra spike, it's adding 90% extra spike, whereas if my spike damage is 10k and a power adds 900, it's adding 9% extra damage.

:v seriously. You. School. Less games. Now.​​
    edited August 2019
    BUG: Mechanical Monstrosity lost access to its alternative pet skins via power costumization. The pet skin is always random now​​
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    BUG:(?)
    Pounce's Furious Rush adv has some weird tooltip error and doesn't seem to be stacking Furious as it did before.

5jMqh10.png
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
This discussion has been closed.